It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL announcement delay similar to The Event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
When the official announcement of an urgent unprecedented speech was made my mind was swirling about what it could possibly be .

As I sat on ATS and the White House website waiting, it occurred to me that in the series The Event the president also wanted to make an announcement but was stopped by the Military big Brass.

What if his announcement was not going to be about OBL but about some other less worldly event about to happen?

Just throwing this out there because as far as I have ever know OBL died years ago.

One other thing that made this stand out in my mind was when I read here on ATS that the President spent the day golfing and doing other ordinary things which in no way spelled out that he had a major announcement to make especially waiting until late night on a workday evening.

What do you think? Did anything like this cross your mind?

I personally will never believe that the official announcement was going to be about OBL.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Also, we had to wait what, an hour after it was first said he would be making an announcement "in mere moments". Had this been in the making since August of last year and, even if his order was given to go ahead just today, statements should have already been ready to go. So why the delay?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So OBL was killed AFTER the Presidents golf game.

Gotta get some leisure time in surely. lol
Great news anyway but he will be a martyr in the eyes of many now, and terrorism wont stop because of his demise.

So what do you think it may have been OP'er? It will surely be obvious that OBL HAS been killed and it happened today no? I guess many thought it would be disclosure, Elenin or whatever. If I were President and we were all doomed, I'd keep my mouth firmly shut.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
When the official announcement of an urgent unprecedented speech was made my mind was swirling about what it could possibly be .

As I sat on ATS and the White House website waiting, it occurred to me that in the series The Event the president also wanted to make an announcement but was stopped by the Military big Brass.

What if his announcement was not going to be about OBL but about some other less worldly event about to happen?

Just throwing this out there because as far as I have ever know OBL died years ago.

One other thing that made this stand out in my mind was when I read here on ATS that the President spent the day golfing and doing other ordinary things which in no way spelled out that he had a major announcement to make especially waiting until late night on a workday evening.

What do you think? Did anything like this cross your mind?

I personally will never believe that the official announcement was going to be about OBL.

I agree somewhat .... getting out of bed this morning in Australia, I logged onto to see that Silver had taken an 11% dive in the Spot Market opening, I was scartching me head wondering what had kicked in the correction from the Asian markets, as the US markets closed.

Then around 11am see on CNN that the POTUS was going to make an unprecedented Press Conf at 10.30pm Sunday night EST, again without mention of hwat it was about, only that it was something big.

So watching CNN and FOX we see that the press release was continually delayed, and then low and behold Geraldo says, surprise, surprise "What if they got Bin Laden"??? and then big claps and applause, and that becomes the story, and hour later the story is Obama got Osama ,, really??

I don't buy it at all, not with the Birth Certificate issue, the USD$ crashing, the mafia hot on Ghadaffi, big opne shorts on Silver before opening, all smells like crap to me....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I think they changed horses in the middle of the stream. His body language alone was telling enough that this was not the announcement he had originally intended to make. Perhaps the alien card unless it was about some screwed up incoming event or outside influence creating all the so called natural disasters globally is a stretch but no more than to think in an hour and 49 minutes he was not told to stand down and to report what he was probably planning to do on Monday which was to announce the OBL deal.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'd laugh if the announcement is just to tell everybody it wasn't bin laden and they made a mistake

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I was actually thinking...

"Aliens are real!!! finally!! they are gonna announce it!!!"

then I got a HUGE disappointment

edit on 5/2/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
All I know is that I was watching MSNBC and one of the anchors was literally on the verge of announcing what the commotion was all about some fifteen minutes before anyone started reporting about Osama, only to be cut off. It went something like this:

"No one is telling me that I can't report this so I'll say that the president will be announcing that...I've been told I cannot report this even though there is nothing on this paper that say that."

He was reading from a small piece of paper and he looked extremely nervous and his tone of voice was chilling. He looked like he was about to # a brick and he couldnt take his eyes off the piece of paper. When he said that there was nothing on the paper it was almost as if he was fighting the urge to burst out against his bosses wishes. He then went on to say that they could only report that the announcement was about a "grim" development overseas involving a CIA operation. GRIM stuck out to me and the group I was watching with. I thought we were about to witness the announcement of something HUUUGE.

When they said it had to do with Osama being dead I was underwhelmed, as were my friends. This is not grim news at all. Were the two reports the same? We'll never know.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Interesting you should mention silver, I was on my way to check it right after the announcement. Platinum had really taken a hit, more so than silver and gold.

Another thing to watch out for would be barrels of oil.

I appreciate your comments.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Silver taking a dive is nothing more than the CME and brokers in general taking a harder stance on buying silver on margin. Therefore anyone who had silver using margin would have to sell some to be able to maintain the new margin requirement.

New margin rules

And yes, I thought OBL died years ago. 2001 according to this story: www.foxnews.com...

Also OBL was not killed today but from what I heard they killed him last week. It just took a week or so to get the DNA testing in order to confirm it was him.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

I seriously doubt they were the same. What did you and your group think it could have been? I mean fro the newscaster to be looking mortified at the slip of paper was not because OBL was killed, I mean we are all desensitized to that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

So he would wait to tell people that Aliens are 'real' late in the evening...when that kind of news would be just as palatable at breakfast time surely?

Too many conspiracists about methinks!! lol
Oh wait...its ATS.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

Agree, I was watching Wolf Blietzer CNN, and before the crap about OBL came out, he looked really, really concerned and a slight shaed of white. he said something along the lines that this was going to be a major announcement, and I thought WTF brings the POTUS to make such a short call at 10.30pm on a Sunday night.

Then within 5 minutes switching between channels, Geraldo received a piece of paper from the right of screen and raised the OBL story, I did not buy it then, and I do not buy it then. Obama wanted to announce something major, he called the press conference and then had his luch cut, and the hour wait was while TPTB fed him the bull# OBL line to go out and announce.

There is a lot more to this, see what pans the next couple of days..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

What an interesting avatar! And good grounded advice on silver, but do you think that the announcement was one and the same as POTUS had originally intended to give?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Well I am thinking more along the lines that after his restful day of golf he himself was given information about an impending scenario which would seriously involve the national security of the American people. I do not think that the OBL story was his intent.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I dont have sat TV, so this is even more interesting to find out how members (who I know are far more alert and aware than most people) have caught the newscasters switching the story as well almost in sync.

But if some other much more dire news had been linked to them, dont you think there will be leaks in the coming days?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by LOLZebra

What an interesting avatar! And good grounded advice on silver, but do you think that the announcement was one and the same as POTUS had originally intended to give?

Thank you. My friend made the avatar for me as I like zebras and im in finance

I don't believe the announcement was originally going to be about OBL. That's ridiculous. It would just be reported as any other "big" story like a natural disaster would. On top of this, OBL died last week. They took a week to confirm the DNA SUPPOSEDLY. So why the 65~ Minute delay on the announcement? There was so much speculation, not only on ATS but everywhere you looked.

From the looks of it (facebook and other social mediums), Americans took it hook, line, and sinker. Wooo we won! He's dead! So what? He's now a martyr and the cause is just more amplified.

IMO Though, he died years ago. The guy had kidney failure and needed to be on a dialysis machine to stay alive. Not real feasible to live in a cave with one of those

Edit to add: On top of it, were the US military bases on a higher alert level than usual starting from this afternoon? That just seems weird that alert levels in the military would be increased, then the POTUS would make a big announcement, but then delay it by over an hour and come out with something, that in my opinion is not that big news in this day and age. IF this was 2002 or 2003 I would completely understand. Yes! We got him. Mission Accomplished. But today? Seems fishy...

edit on 2-5-2011 by LOLZebra because: grammar, addition

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Silver taking a dive is nothing more than the CME and brokers in general taking a harder stance on buying silver on margin. Therefore anyone who had silver using margin would have to sell some to be able to maintain the new margin requirement.

New margin rules

And yes, I thought OBL died years ago. 2001 according to this story: www.foxnews.com...

Also OBL was not killed today but from what I heard they killed him last week. It just took a week or so to get the DNA testing in order to confirm it was him.

Cheers

Your market watch report is from 20 Nov 2010, this had no impact today on Silver opening down 11% in the Asian spot market, the margin changes came in long before today?

I don't buy that...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A couple of hours ago I did an ATS search on The Event. I really don't know what for, just felt like something similar was going on. So yes, thoughts similar to your’s crossed my mind for sure. I'm also thinking the Royal Wedding's extreme coverage here seemed like an attempt at a distraction of some kind. I have a lot of ideas and thoughts about things, usually the fine people here have the same and help me connect the dots.

Hey...Think The First Lady is one of them....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Ah you're right. If you google margin requirement silver, you can find a bunch from May 1, 2011. I just pulled marketwatch because it seemed more reputable than most.

You got me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join