It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police vote to warn drivers of speed traps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Police vote to warn drivers of speed traps

theage.drive.com.au

Victorian police have voted to take industrial action after rejecting the state government's pay offer of 2.5 per cent.

More than 2000 members voted on a resolution for police to flash their headlights at cars to warn them of the presence of speed cameras, a move which could undercut state government revenue.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So the government won't give vic police the pay they want, and they react like this? This is hilarious afaic, good on them - in Queensland there are signs warning drivers of speed traps but we get no warning and a $230 fine in the mail.

In all honesty I couldn't care less how much our police are paid, in all my experiences with them I've not once felt protected or served; I'll be looking forward to being high beamed by cop cars in the near future though!

theage.drive.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Fire them all.

Replace them with veterans and pay them less.

That'll be a lesson. Cops ask for too much.

No cop should be paid more than the lowest paid soldier serving on the front lines.

They get more money for patrolling downtown Vic than the soldiers get patrolling downtown in a warzone.

Puhthetic.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Fire them all.

Replace them with veterans and pay them less.

That'll be a lesson. Cops ask for too much.

No cop should be paid more than the lowest paid soldier serving on the front lines.

They get more money for patrolling downtown Vic than the soldiers get patrolling downtown in a warzone.

Puhthetic.

That is the greatest idea ever. And true no cop should ever be paid more than lowest paid soldier in a warzone! That is pure brilliant.

top topics

join