It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom's got me thinking, and now I just don't know...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Can I have a moment of your time?

Hello all, my name is Ian. I have visited this site many times when my mind wonders, but today's events made me join so I could actually talk with the community here, and hopefully get some of my questions answered.

Pres. Obama announced that Osama bin Laden was dead late this evening, and my mother began to get frantic, saying we need to move because bin Laden's followers would be upset and retaliate against America, and attack our oil reserves.

Now, I'm young (17 y/o) and not that into politics. Tonight however, I believe my mother is right, and we do need to move away from where we are currently residing. I'm in Freeport, Texas, with DOW and other chemical plants in my backyard. I don't know if this is correct, but my mother says that there is a plant here that has something to do with oil. I do know that there is a lot of oil right off the coast.

If retaliation to bin Laden's death occurs, mom says that they would attack the US's oil reserves, which would be bad for me because I'd be blown up....

Another possibility she suggests is that the Taliban, or whatever bin Laden's followers are called, would nuke the US, with their alleged nuclear weapons they bought from China.

I'm not saying I 100% agree with her, because sometimes I think she's nuts, and I'm not saying I disagree with her. I don't know what to think, so I figured here would be the best place to go to.

If you don't mind taking the time, I'd like you to give your input on my following questions.

1. Do you think the US should be worried about the Taliban bombing it's oil reserves, or bombing in general? I would say we do need to consider the possibility, but as far as taking a major coarse of action to ensure that doesn't happen is something I can't decide on.

2. If it is a major threat, and something the US needs to be worried about, should we move? I mean, if these plants over here were to blow, I'd be toast. My mom says we need to go north, and as far north as possible without passports, because sadly no one in our household has one. She's thinking North Dakota, a place with little risk of earthquake activity. Why she's worried about earthquakes is oblivious to me.

My mom is worried that everything that is happening is leading up to the apocalypse written in the bible. Except she says it won't be God that is returning, but instead Nibiru, and the majestic beings that are discribed in the bible that come down to Earth will be the people of this said planet.

Over the years, I've listened to my moms far-out way of thinking. I used to think my mother was crazy and needed psychiatric help, but now the things she's been talking about are making more sense to me as I watch the news and have gotten more involved in researching the happenings and the other things she talks about. HA, if I didn't know any better I'd say she was a psychic!

Anyway, I'd love to read your thoughts on what I've typed up. I don't think this is necessary to say, but go easy on me. I'm still young and really don't know what to think. When I do start to think about everything, trying to get it all to make sense to me, I'm practically ready to see a psychiatrist. So please don't call me an idiot or anything like that, or bash my mom, or any other immature slander, I'm just talking. But I don't think I have anything to worry about...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IanBernard

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If the Apocalypse happens, you won't escape it by leaving Texas. Osama's death means nothing except a bump in Obama's approval ratings.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
there are many targets if something were to happen...

so your chances are the same as most others. My advice is to make sure you have a bug out bag handy in case

you do need to leave quickly.

And remain a little more vigilant and aware of your surroundings than you might normally be. unless your mom has

an super secret inside source, just stay alert! tell mom not to panic,

nothing good comes from panic..relax and think.....get ready
edit on 2-5-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

FWIW, imho,

1. I have been trying to get loved ones to move from that area for years for just those reasons.

2. I have long felt that the Houston petrochemical plants would be particularly targeted by the evil doers--perhaps with one or more nukes.

3. You can search on YouTube for John Moore's EARTH CHANGES videos . . . the Navy Map could be useful.

4. Little is lots to do what you can to be safe.

5. I think that area of Texas is very vulnerable . . . and actually that the whole gulf shoreline for a few hundred miles inland is not likely to be a great place to live the next dozen or so years.

6. I think the UFO critters are fallen angels.

7. Guy Malone has done great research with a panel of top flight experts . . . on that topic, issue:

WWW.ANCIENTOFDAYS.NET...

WWW.ALIENRESISTENCE.ORG...

May God guide your decisions.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well just remember if you move as north as possible the threat of being nuked or bombed is greater.. I live in Northern Canada.. next to the largest OIL Sands projects in the world... It should be me who is concerned... I would run but its too cold..but where do we run? As a Canadian I welcome a little heat..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You sure your mom doesn't read ATS as well? In all seriousness, there are so many number of things that could happen on any of these coming days that you could probably think of 100 of them and it would be the 101 you didnt think about that does happen.I think your best bet is just to take each day as it comes and live it the best you can. As they say, Que Sara...No sense losing any sleep over it. I will say though, if you happened to live along the Mississippi River it might be a good idea to move yesterday, but that doesn't really apply in your case.

Your young, live like it and you will have some interesting stories to tell your grandchildren!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I will just say...

WELCOME to ATS!!!

I hope that you can become a active member for many many years!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thanks! Glad to be here. Personally I find it dumb to make people have 20 posts before they're able to post on topics besides those on the introduction page. As far as becoming an active member for years, I will. I like forums, except those with rude people who find it necessary to bully or put down people because they're different. In all the times I've checked in here, I haven't seen any "haters" so this should be fun.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, that introduction story was nice. If you dont find more answers, you will at least find more questions here.

Regarding to your post, I dont believe the Al-Queida will be retaliating soon. Assuming Osama was the unchallenged leader of this particular terrorist group, he may not have planned a second-in-command. Maybe the terrorists will break apart and from different groups of terrorists...
Or
The terrorists will attack as soon as possible whilst we are distracted by our "victory". But probably not by attacking American pumped Oil, since we import most of our oil consumption (i think).

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Just to clear up a misconception you have, you are free to post in any thread within the boards. You need a minimum of 20 posts to start a thread in one of the regular forums.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Welcome to the forum,

Trolls need not confess, we're looking for you, we gonna find you, we gonna find you...

No, I don't think it's a bad idea for the 200 post limit, now that I'm here, because we definitely don't want some of these people trashing the board with empty topics.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Welcome to ATS!

Just to clear up a misconception you have, you are free to post in any thread within the boards. You need a minimum of 20 posts to start a thread in one of the regular forums.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Lol that's what I meant, but I understand why now. If this was my site, I wouldn't want people overloading the forums with pointless junk.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'm a Christian and DO NOT believe in the Niburu stuff. The Bible is explicit in the forecast for the Earth and aliens aren't a part of it. To be a Christian, you have to be born again. I became a Christian when I was 23. I was a drug addicted, feminist before that and I believed that, maybe aliens were God. So, it was a shock to me that God and Jeshua were real! Anyway, we can worry all day long about what might happen, (I Don't think it's good for you to live near a DOW company, BTW.) but what will happen is in God's hands. He cares for mankind. Otherwise, we would have been wiped out: Exterminated long ago. Mankind usually sucks. I don't know if you noticed it, but we generally fail at life. There is Light and darkness. Good and evil, and God wins anyway! So, leave it to God and live well! How old are you, by the way? Move away from the factory or get an air purification system.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I'm a Christian and DO NOT believe in the Niburu stuff. The Bible is explicit in the forecast for the Earth and aliens aren't a part of it. To be a Christian, you have to be born again. I became a Christian when I was 23. I was a drug addicted, feminist before that and I believed that, maybe aliens were God. So, it was a shock to me that God and Jeshua were real! Anyway, we can worry all day long about what might happen, (I Don't think it's good for you to live near a DOW company, BTW.) but what will happen is in God's hands. He cares for mankind. Otherwise, we would have been wiped out: Exterminated long ago. Mankind usually sucks. I don't know if you noticed it, but we generally fail at life. There is Light and darkness. Good and evil, and God wins anyway! So, leave it to God and live well! How old are you, by the way? Move away from the factory or get an air purification system.

I'm 17. Not to sound rude, but you're very preachy. I don't feel like getting into a religious argument, because I've noticed that Christians like to chew people out if they don't agree with them, as do republicans. I don't feel it necessary to put my faith into a being that mankind imagined up. Am I an atheist? No. I believe that there is a higher power, but I don't think it's what people call God. Maybe I'm just young, maybe I have yet to have a true religious experience, but religion seems all to cultic for me. I appreciate you taking the time to try to make me feel safe though, I really do.

top topics

join