It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

That's what I'm screaming! That was crazy! I don't want two more of those!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
reply to post by EvolEric

Your welcome! I just found a story that is quite troubling about 8 missing Boy Scouts,I am not sure how close they are to this area,but I thought i would post the link to the article here so that we can keep them in our thoughts and prayers! I hope they make it home safe!!

Here is the link
www.breitbart.com...

Oh God...

thanks for sharing it with us...

I noticed something for the Illuminati fans...

No one has heard from the six Scouts and two troop leaders since Thursday, when they arrived at the Albert Pike Recreation Area

Albert Pike, The dude that recreation area is named after was involved with the Illuminati and predicted world war 3?

check this out

My prayers go to these Kids!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

this has nothing to do with the topic. but the human brain actually has cannabinoid receptors, not "thc" receptors. thc is classified as a "cannabinoid", but is not the type produced regularly in the brain. cannabinoids regulate hunger, relaxation, memory, and sleep if i remember correctly. so introducing relatively massive amounts of cannabinoids theoretically would produce the munchies, chill feeling, and eventually sleepiness.

this is what happens when you smoke pot. it also causes you to post things on the wrong topics.

back on topic:

thats pretty crazy you felt it 18 miles away. i can't believe they are doing this, not that there are many options, but blowing things up seems to be an all too common solution nowadays.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I live about 45 miles south west of new orleans, so i know about levees breaking and mass flooding. my prayers go out to you guys.
edit on 2-5-2011 by dysfunkshun23 because: typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I hope everyone is ok. It sounds like you are in for a rough night. I'm sorry you have to go through that!

Was anything visible on the newscast? Computer crashed with impeccable timing.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thanks for the link! That's interesting indeed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Im in Wiggins Ms. tonight, what should I be looking for if anything, educate me please.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

You'll be fine if your in wiggins, you only have to worry about the pascagula river, wich there hasnt been anything that severe as far down south as you are

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My in-laws own 250 acres in this spillway, just a mile from the river. My father-in-law has made us aware of all aspects of this nightmare. My husband and I are geologists, so we have an interesting perspective most people don't.....For those unaware, this area is one of the most fertile in North America and home to many huge soybean farms, plus some corn (not sure how much corn, but TONS of soybeans). There are numerous concerns that most people are unaware of:
1) The force of the water moving through the spillway will be so great that it will actually strip away most, if not all, of the topsoil. Whatever silt that gets deposited can't make up for the inches of fertile topsoil that makes this land sell for $3300 an acre. Yes, normal flooding deposits organic-rich silt on floodplains, but that's with little or no force behind the flood water....this is 100% completely different, as the river will gush through this hole with amazing force......
2) The 3 different blasts are designed to create 3 holes that will fill the spillway, then let water back out. However, due to the amount of water that will rush in, there is a good chance the Mississippi River will be re-routed completely, as water takes the easiest path. Hydrologists mentioned this years ago in early studies of the spilway. The amount of water moving through the north hole (that was just blasted minutes ago) is expected to flow strongly for 10 days....as that's how much water is coming from upstream. 10 days worth of fast moving water will definitely cut down into the land, creating a new channel. This is also geological fact, not my opinion.
3) The hope is that eventually the water will go down and the Mississippi River will be in the same location as it has been for decades. However, the River channel used to be located on the west side of the spillway decades ago before the spillway and other levees were built in that area. The southern area sits lower topographically than the northen section, so the water will flow to that lower-most area, meaning it is possible the Mississippi will be rerouted and take over it's original channel from decades past.....
4) Another concern is the levee on the west side of the now-flooded spillway. It has never been tested against fast-moving river water, plus it is protecting many towns that have bot been evacuated....and now there is fast-moving water up against this smaller levee that protects a huge area that isn't just farmland. Anyone who knows the area knows that when you go south out of Cape Girardeau, MO, you go down in elevation. This means that if that secondary levee (on the west side of the spillway) fails, Siketon will also be completely flooded. Instead of just Mississippi County getting flooded, an area 4-5 times that may be under water....and there are many people and cities in that area.
5) Don't forget barge traffic in America that comes down both the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. If the Mississippi channel regains it's original channel from the 1800's & early 1900's, and flows through the spillway from here on out, the channel may not be sufficiently deep for barge traffic. There is a high likelihood the lower Mississippi Valley will be cut off from the northern valley in terms of transportation and commerce.....how's that for adding to an already suffering economy!
6) My father-in-laws biggest concern is whethre he will even be able to get to his land. If the Mississippi takes over its old channel, his land will sit between the new channel on the left side of the spillway and the old channel of yesterday (literally). The roads will likely be washed away too because of the current, and there will be no bridges to get into the part of Mississippi County that will now be land-locked. So even if his land is east enough to not have all the topsoil washed away, it might be unfarmable because of such infrasctructure problems. Who wants land that no one can even get equipment to?
7) Flood insurance won't cover a man-made flood----more insult to injury.....
8) Also, back in 1928, the original land-owners in the spillway were compensated 85 cents per acre, just in case the spillway ever had to be blown......thus the government of today says the farmers have already compensated. That's just criminal in my mind......absolutely criminal.

Our family has cried over this for days.....my in-laws need this farm for their income and retirement. My father-in-law was set to finally retire in 18 months. He's fairly certain that plan is out the window. This farm was also my husband and sister-in-laws inheritance. Now we're wondering if it's going to be a total loss. I just want people to have all of the facts, not just opinions.......our family thinks the Corps simply hasn't thought through everything. There are so many repercussions that could cripple this part of the country, and that's after the floodwaters recede.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted in the thread but i saw this earlier and thought i'd drop it here. it disturbed me a bit

Mississippi flood to exceed 1927 flood

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Facebook friend has stated that reports coming in that blast felt as far as St louis!!! Really??? Is that what should have happened! One friend in Wickliffe said it picked her house up and back down 5 times. My brother said he felt movement.... we have two more of these... the next on set to blow in New Madrid!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by law38

Thank you for sharing!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by law38

wow....
thanks for that input...
some really GREAT info there!!!

first off, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with you and yours...

This is one of the main reasons I started this thread!
Because people's life's are going to change and people are gonna suffer, one way or another!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Thanks for that update!!!

Its only getting started I fear

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hope its not a under ground nuke to set off fault. Just putting it out there.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Facebook friend has stated that reports coming in that blast felt as far as St louis!!! Really??? Is that what should have happened! One friend in Wickliffe said it picked her house up and back down 5 times. My brother said he felt movement.... we have two more of these... the next on set to blow in New Madrid!

uhhhh ok...

I wonder...

Was that actually a EQ being covered up by motion sensitive explosives?
far fetched?!?!

maybe thats why it took so long... maybe thats why no warning?!

that is definitely not the norm, in any case!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Hope its not a under ground nuke to set off fault. Just putting it out there.

now thats a thought!!!

anyone know about any cell phone or EMP/EMF disruptions?!

i'm gonna throw this out there...

isnt one the the theories about HAARP,
something about "Nuclear Type Explosions"?

in any case... that is not normal!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I spent Hurricane Camile in Wiggins, I know it will not be that bad there for sure. Did you have any tornados that far South?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Mississippi flood is indeed a problem to watch, but let us not forget or willingly ignore the 13+ nuclear reactors that are within the flooded area envisioned in so many maps of what the USA will look like afterwards.

It is those nuclear reactors that will be used if damaged or destroyed to justify mass movement of larges portion of the population to relocation centers and areas of safety within some FEMA compound.

Once the excitement begins it will be fueled like a fire and so, for anyone just worrying about being flooded, you better also think about getting radiated or incarcerated in some FEMA camp.

Time to think about what such a disaster will mean on a personal level.

Time to wake up and see that supposed natural disasters and the authority they gain from such declared disasters is the new cash cow and the covert means to control the masses in a manner we haven't seen since the days of Nazi Germany.

Pretty soon we could be hearing, "Load the Trains and the Buses" its a national emergency where our rights no longer exist and we if we board the trains and the buses, we face a "Twilight Zone" moment where we will be thinking internally that you just made the last mistake you are ever going to be allowed to make.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
They have started the explosion on the levee.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join