It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Live stream of the detonation herethought you might want it since not posted

www.kfvs12.com...//a1820.l1185555873.c11855.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1820/11855/ v0001/reflector%3A55873&LiveURI=mms%3A//a1820.l1185555873.c11855.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1820/11855/v0001/reflector%3A55873&h1=LIVE%20levee%20blast%20 at%20Birds%20Point&at1=News%20-Livestream&LiveURITitle=LIVE%20levee%20blast%20at%20Birds%20Point&LaunchPageAdTag=News%20-Livestream&fvCatNo=undefined& secure=undefined&akPort=undefined&akProfile=undefined&rnd=37603760

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I am about 18 miles from wickliffe ky which is just across the river from the levee... my brother will have a nice view from his house... I will report what I can so long as I can!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
17 minutes until detonation

Everyone direct positive vibe to this area of the US

I know it sounds like hippie-crap!
But you won't lose one thing by trying!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh im praying here. Sitting at the edge of my seat.

Btw in northern mn here but am still thinking about the people this is affecting.
edit on 2-5-2011 by relyt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by 5 oClock

I have to agree. I've decided to ignore ALL Osama threads until further notice.

I believe that the intentional levee breach and flooding should be more of a concern to most Americans, even if they don't live directly in that area.

Me too now that we know what Osama Bin Laden's last words were.

"Hey Ali, what does this "add a location to my tweets" button do?"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You know when I think about this, why the hell are they starting the operation in the dark? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it during the day and have helicopters in the sky to monitor the success rate, so people can react in real-time? If things go wrong somehow and it puts people at risk, most will be sleeping... Just adds an odd feeling to it all. Why at night?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
why at night? so that people can't see! duh...

everyone in that area pull out your cameras, camcorders and smart phones. let's get pics.vids...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestForager

I have wondered the same thing, they have had all day....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There was a press conference earlier and they said they would rather do it during the day but they have to do it now. But there was a few things that they messed up in there where they back-talked and said 2 different things. Made me replay a couple sections a few times
Corps of Engineers to break levee
edit on 2-5-2011 by relyt because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

I am about 18 miles from wickliffe ky which is just across the river from the levee... my brother will have a nice view from his house... I will report what I can so long as I can!

Safety first!!

We are glad to have you aboard this thread...

still a damn shame you have reason to be though...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Feeling the urge to vomit! This is nervewracking! Be back shortly, gonna go outside and listen... I will call my brother too if I can once the deed is done! See what he might have heard... we ain't seein' crap since its dark! Why they didn't do it earlier!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestForager
You know when I think about this, why the hell are they starting the operation in the dark? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it during the day and have helicopters in the sky to monitor the success rate, so people can react in real-time? If things go wrong somehow and it puts people at risk, most will be sleeping... Just adds an odd feeling to it all. Why at night?

The PTB does everything in the literal, governmental, financial, psychological, scientific, intellectual, experimental, (etc.....) DARK.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Exactly... and if I was in the area I would definitely be on scene with camcorder in hand.

All the farmland they are flooding carries high levels of fertilizer, the water eventually has to go downstream to the gulf, so between this and the BP episode last year, I'm thinking there may be a 'historical' red tide event before years end.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They haven't given the 5 minute warning horn yet... still waiting... this first blast is meant to blow 9000 ft of the levee....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Birds Point- New Madrid Floodway.

Highways, Byways, And Bridge Photography Birds Point—New Madrid Floodway Mississippi River Floodway At Birds Point Birds Point, Missouri • Structure ID: N/A. • Location: River Miles 889.2 To 952.0. • River Elevation: 260 Feet to 285 Feet. • Structure: Diversion Channel. • Structure Type: Earthen. • Length: 34 Miles. • Width: 1,500 Feet To 11 Miles. • Date Built: Authorized 1928. The Mississippi and Ohio Rivers converge near the small town of Cairo, Illinois. Just below this confluence point, the river enters a section where its path is very straight and narrow. This section of river, which marks the border between Kentucky and Missouri, can handle moderate flood waters of either the Mississippi or the Ohio, but not both. In the event that both rivers would flood, or a monumental flood would occur, the combined river flows would flood vast areas of these two states. To protect against this occurrence, the US Army Corps of Engineers installed a relief valve in the river system. A low spot was built in the levee at Birds Point, which is just downriver from Cairo. In the event of a large flood, the waters would overtop this levee, causing it to fail. When it fails, up to one-fifth of the river flow would be diverted through the New Madrid Floodway. A 1,500 foot wide gap in the levee system just north of New Madrid would allow the water in the floodway to rejoin the Mississippi River. The result is that a large fraction of Mississippi and Ohio River flood water would bypass the narrow section of the river, likely sparing much of the adjacent farming regions from flooding. There turns out to be two glitches in this plan. First, when the floodway was first used, the levee at Birds Point refused to fail, so the US Army was forced to blow the levee with explosives. Second, the outlet near New Madrid allows water from smaller floods to flow backwards into the floodway, needlessly flooding the farmland in the floodway area. The US Army Corps of Engineers has a plan to fix these issues. First, the levee at Birds Point would be converted into a fuse plug. That is, pipes would be installed in the levee to allow explosives to be pumped in and detonated when needed. This allows the US Army Corps of Engineers to pick the time when the floodway is opened rather than leaving it to chance. Second, the gap in the levees near New Madrid would be closed off. This would prevent the backflow floods. It would also prevent the water from exiting the floodway naturally. The plan is to install two large pumping stations to pump out the floodway. This plan is not without its critics. They argue that nature should be allowed to do its job without human intervention. They also see the backflow flooding from the outlet gap as beneficial to the wetlands rather than the annual destruction of large areas of farmland.

Apparently this has been done before and designed that way.

Quote from this article blogs.courier-journal.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----

Opinions vary on whether the Corps’ plan will work. I don’t know if it will or not and neither does anyone else, I suspect. No one alive today has seen water levels this high. The predicted river crest at Cairo, Ill., is 63 feet. For folks familiar with the river’s ebb and flow this is an astounding, nearly unimaginable, number. The 1937 crest was 59.5 feet. The phrase "historic flood" comes to mind.

My grandparents lived in the spillway in 1937, in a ramshackle one and a half story farmhouse. According to family lore (all the involved parties are dead) on the afternoon that the Corps breached the levee with explosives (a scene to be replayed tonight) my grandfather and uncle spent the night in the farmhouse attic with a couple of livestock animals; (two pigs, if I’m remembering the tale correctly). About 100 people live in the spillway today. I don’t know how many lived there in 1937 but all were notified that the levee would be blown. My grandmother, aunt and mother had moved out the previous day.

The next morning my grandfather awoke early, as was his custom, and looked out the window where he saw ice and corn stubble (this was in February) and, assuming the waters hadn’t reached his place, started downstairs where he found about five feet of water flooding his house. He, my uncle, and the livestock retreated by boat.

Nothing like that will happen tomorrow morning. The Corps, along with help from local officials and the National Guard, have made sure the spillway has been evacuated. All that remains tonight are memories, ghosts and stories to be told.

edit on 2-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Good luck Greenize. Stay safe.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
this may sound crazy...but what site is this???

what if...just bear with me...this is all staged? like it's real but it's all caused by TPTB? they wanna flood the delta really really bad, kill off the crops and then the farmers would pretty much be forced to buy GMO seeds? just a thought...probably (hopefully) not the case. just some bubble gum for your brain...maybe...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
this may sound crazy...but what site is this???

what if...just bear with me...this is all staged? like it's real but it's all caused by TPTB? they wanna flood the delta really really bad, kill off the crops and then the farmers would pretty much be forced to buy GMO seeds? just a thought...probably (hopefully) not the case. just some bubble gum for your brain...maybe...

I have thought about the same exact thing!
Maybe's thats why there is no MSM coverage of this flood...

Maybe thats is why this is set to go off at night...

I don't want to "fear monger"
and i'm not calling you a fear monger!!!! That would be uncalled for!!!
but I have certainly thought about it

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I hope it goes according to plan!!

still awareness of the evacuated town and floods needs to be brought to light

sorry, missed the story about your grand parents...

its one thing to talk about it...
but imagine what your grandpa saw, and felt...

i'm glad your family came out safe back then!!

Thanks for sharing!!
edit on 5/2/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Eric, Great thread, way to go. The Levee is going to blow about now 9:20 pm - Midnight tonight 5/2/11.
I just heard they were waiting for the horn to blow. F&S

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join