It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormgodess
reply to post by EvolEric

Yes Eric that was me...

And at this point, I cant help but be honest and say... This whole situation smells!!!

I honestly am to the point of believing this incident was intentional! NOBODY COULD ACTUALLY BE THAT IGNORANT!!!

Think back to the post I made about the power struggle between Gov. Jindal and the Corps. The Corps has been stalling badly concerning the opening of the Morganza. To the point Jindal threatened to open it with, or without their permission.

And here today, on the day of the opening...After a week of stalling, and after the Levees surrounding Baton Rouge are nice and soggy....25 BARGES accidentally get away????

They couldn't do it in New Orleans a second time, not with the whole BARGE LEVEE incident during Katrina! I guess they figured at leas ONE out of 25, would get the job done!

And it happens again????

WTH?

The water isn't going over the levees, but if they keep this up, it will end up going through them

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks, EvolEric for this thread. I live in Florida, But I visit this thread everyday for true updates. I found,its really, the only good source, for whats going down with the Mississippi river. I hope, everyone prevails this terrible disaster.

Anymore word of FEMA setting up temp locations at Schools, Town halls etc.? Or ,relocating people to camps? I know, they have a few temp locales to hand out ID cards and cash if needed.

Stay Safe.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread thriving...

Its been quite the journey as it were...

I haven't posted much the last few days...

but "you" have prevailed and keep updates a rolling

your all awesome!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Eric, How is the water level, nothing on the news about the river anymore. There is a lot of rain going to be right on top of it tonight and morning. With even more and more rain coming. Hell, it might never go down.
The people in Joplin area do not need to go through any more. Neither does anyone. The Weather this Spring has broken all records.

You are really a fine young man and I admire you so much. I know your wife and family are very proud of you.
I really enjoy being able to come to your thread, I find peace in just posting on here. My prayers go out to everyone that have been in harms way. Peace and Love.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Oh, I wanted to post this map, the moisture all over the Midwest and Eastern part of the US is unreal. If it all came down at once over Half the country would be underwater.

This is also a great map to keep in favorites. It is live feed and Big.

radar.weather.gov...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
In case nobody has posted this yet,it ain't over
Hazards outlook for May 20-31.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b654eddfe5d0.gif[/atsimg]

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

Above average outlook for precipitation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62860af13e4c.gif[/atsimg]

www.weather.gov...
edit on 17-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

WOW, Talk about Predictions. These weather maps are right on. Great post STAR

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Thanks btw

I caught a little segment about the flood today on the news... I think CNN... I was half asleep and in bed when I seen it...

They said people in Louisiana are still waiting for the water to creep up on them

I wish my memory would serve me better...

Cos one area... they have gave up on... I can't remember the name!
But if i remember correctly... the area has been evacuated and its already flooded and was flooded a lil while back... they had just been trying to sand bag everything... still it is sad
as they were trying to prevent any further damage

But the River has crested "upstream" and "we're" just waiting for it to run its course

ohhh... and they emphasized what we been saying for a while now...

This flood will have severe economic impacts in the near future... to everyone

Joplin... how unreal!
I saw that footage today and watched people on TV, that were in total shock...

What a horrible year thus far...

Maybe it will turn around and go out with a lot of positive vibes... doubtful though

edit on 5/24/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Heard about this earlier today,
so I went and found an article
so I could have a backing source

Mandatory evacuation set for Butte LaRose, Louisiana

After a false alarm this past Saturday, authorities in St. Martin Parish felt the time was right to begin enforcing a mandatory evacuation for Butte LaRose which started at noon today. Sheriff Ronald J. Theriot says residents have fully cooperated, adding the flood waters from the Morganza Spillway are just now arriving in the area and much slower than anticipated.

Also the flood water is moving slower than expected

''It will take a week or so before the back water hits the streets and floods the streets,'' he explained.

Source

Although my source does not back up what I am gonna say next...

But I heard on the news earlier:

The Evacuation was carried out and had a dead line of 12pm local time.

Most people left, but a few stayed.
Those who stayed are not expecting the flood waters to rise into their homes.

Let us pray and hope or whatever it is you do, that those people will remain dry... Positive vibes!

The people who stayed are under curfew and cannot leave their homes/properties

That sucks, but let's hope they have all the supplies they need for the duration of the Mandatory Evacuation...

But what I heard from this thread Cajun's are just Hillbillies without the hills

Take no offense over that... Cos I'm a Hillbilly... My family is Hillbillies
and I know Hillbillies/Cajun's could survive on nothing but a floating door in open sea
and eat delicious shark steaks for a month

So let that survival spirit ring true
and send all that positive energy to those down south

-Eric

edit on 5/24/11 by EvolEric because: Gremlins

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This Site said they will be posting updates every day as the news about the flood is diminishing. Currently, here is the latest as posted there:

A MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER for Butte LaRose in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana, takes effect at noon today. Parish offiicals indicate they will strictly enforce the order as it takes effect this afternoon. Water is encroaching on buildings in the community as a result of opening of the Morganza Spillway last week.
St. Landry Parish in Louisiana has lifted the mandatory evacuation order for residents living South of Hwy. 190, the Three Mile Lake area and North Wilderness Road area. This area will remain under voluntary evacuation until further notice.
Water is not going to be as high as expected in some areas along the Morganza Floodway in Louisiana, thanks to the fact that the area had not received much rain prior to the opening of the spillway gates.
The situation, however, is still extremely dangerous and an amount of water greater than the flow of Niagra Falls is pouring over the Morganza Spillway each day. The waterway will crest above flood stage at Morgan City on the 29th, but it is hoped that the flood walls there will hold. Other communities are not so well protected and flooding will continue throughout the week all along the floodway.

His site is excellent, he has updates on sandbag and other efforts organized per Parish, tourist info and more.

This site has an article about what people are faced with now that waters are receding.

As water recedes, residents from Tennessee to Louisiana face the task of gutting houses soaked in polluted water. Farmers will have to scrub their fields of sandy sludge before trying to use what’s left of the growing season. Shipping is likely to be restricted for weeks because of pressure on levees, and a close watch will be kept well into the summer on strained levees, bridges and other structures.

It will be a slow and discouraging process, as people are returning to their homes and finding stickers on their door telling them their homes are no longer livable.

Many houses have been flooded to the attics for weeks, and officials say some will have to be gutted or torn down. Government inspections must take place before many homeowners can return, a process that could take a week.

And is there any aid available for these people?

Howard Scott, a 47-year-old contractor from Tunica County, has said officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency told him he needed to apply — and be turned down — for a Small Business Administration loan before he can get FEMA aid. “They’re telling us to apply for loans they know we won’t get,” Scott said.

No offense, but WTF?!?! The country can spend oodles on foreign aid and war but can't help their own? Sorry guys but that SUX
Otherwise, cleanup is slow as infrastructure is damaged and the authorities don't want heavy equipment on the "roads that cross saturated levees".

Also swept away in the floods were farmers’ irrigation systems and inches of topsoil. Left in their place are sand deposits and debris that must be cleared before farmers can begin the urgent work of salvaging the season. Earlier this week, farmers in Tennessee sought advice from state and federal agriculture officials on how late crops could be planted.

Many roads are still washed out and some of those areas are too shallow for boats, so it's still hard for the farmers to see exactly what work they have to do at this point.

In Louisiana alone, agriculture officials estimate that over 282,000 acres cropland could be flooded, causing $211.5 million dollars in losses.

So while there seems to be no end in sight of the water for some, there is a glimmer of hope for others... although how dull that glimmer may be remains to be seen. So starts the long road to recovery.

I'll post again if I find anything noteworthy to bring you folks.

~Be Well~

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Now that is a post worthy of being starred...

Great job!!

Invariance you have been one of the many gems, keeping up the good fight...

[
Mods:

I think some people here deserve a few rounds of applause for their continued work and dedication

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was by the Ohio River today and noticed it was getting higher again with all
the recent rain and more storms tomorrow night.
I would advise all down river ,including the Mississippi to keep an eye out
on river forecasts.
You all should have the tools to do so,if not just let me know,and I will
link you guys and gals up.
Be safe.

Oh,I'm here in Louisville,KY.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/373bc601623c.gif[/atsimg]

And here are the latest threats.
Fire and water!
www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...
edit on 24-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

Oh, I wanted to post this map, the moisture all over the Midwest and Eastern part of the US is unreal. If it all came down at once over Half the country would be underwater.

This is also a great map to keep in favorites. It is live feed and Big.

radar.weather.gov...

Great link,I love it!
It has been bookmarked with my growing list.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So much heartache this year.
So many tragic events have happened recently.
My heart goes out to the people in the areas that were hit.

I am Evol Eric's wife, and I can tell you he has spent a great amount of time in the past few weeks,
monitoring the news and damage, and praying for the victims and survivors of these disasters.

Hopefully the devastation will be over soon.
Prayers and positive vibes to those affected.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks, Eric... but it's your fault, you started it

Honestly, it's been my pleasure to help keep people informed. Much more worthy use of my time than some other endeavors. And I do plan on sticking around this thread until ALL affected areas are cleared and everyone who can go back home does. Until then, I'll keep looking for important information to add.

Hang in there folks!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KylieKerosene

thank you wife

Thanks for putting up with my zoning out and being in ATS mode for the past few weeks

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

A true champion of the human spirit.

I'm not going anywhere either, I'll be here for a very long time!

This has turned into a "Crusade"
and I will keep up the good fight

Together we are the voice of thousands.
Together the hardships of those effected will not go unnoticed

-Peace and Safety

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KylieKerosene

Well, I want to tell you, you have one fine young man. He has been and great asset to this site.
And admired by everyone. Ya'll keep it together up there. Peace and Love

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
so what's the general consensus? obviously everything's still flooded but like is everything done getting flooded and now we just have to wait for waters to subside? or is the water still rising? or are we good for now until the mid west gets another couple good storms?

just wondering. this thread seems to have calmed down A LOT. that usually means the breaking news has stopped, which usually indicates that things are done getting worse.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
NOT to Mention the Convenient DUMP oif TRITIUM, upstream just in time before the historic flood, that way even when the water recedes everything including farmalnd is radiated in an attempt to damage DNA and mutate our beings to trap and enslave us... its #ing sick and a true WAR on your minds, on your body and everything living around you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
so...

how is everyone? are any states starting to see relief?

this thread has really slowed down. just wanting to bump it up a bit and see how everyone is fairing!

perhaps a current run down. like where you are and how the waters are and what the situation is. with so little on the news and this thread trailing off, i feel kinda disconnected from what's going on. wanna see how everyone's doing and see how everything's going?

any predictions for things to get worse? i know there's still snow in the rockies. with the magnitude of this flood, i know that there is surely no way it's over and just wanted to see how everyone is.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54 >>

join