It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Can the weight and force of the water cause a quake?

Excellent question!

I am no expert
I know very very little about EQ's

Puterman or TrueAmerican should answer your question

I'll message them

but with what I do know...

Water is very very very heavy,
with all that weight resting on that fault line...
it can't be good

But also a valid point, its not the first time this area has flooded...

But then again... this is a historical flood...

But to try to answer your question,

I am off to send messages to someone who can possibly give an educated answer

EDIT: Messages sent

2nd EDIT: Question answered by TrueAmerican Below

edit on 5/2/11 by EvolEric because: See EDIT Section

edit on 5/2/11 by EvolEric because: See EDIT Section 2

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For the love of god, please get Osama off of the front page ATS!!!

This thread will replace it.

lh4.googleusercontent.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Can the weight and force of the water cause a quake?

Well if it could, one might argue that the huge tsunamis that hit Japan would have caused additional quakes from the weight of the water. I mean you COULD argue that. I just don't see any evidence of that. So I'd have to answer no imo.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
the tornados. the flooding. the weather in general. the chemtrails. japan. the building EQs. the animal die offs. GMO. financial meltdown. i mean come on...has the sh!t already hit the fan, cumulatively, and we just missed it cuz we're busy looking for one big sign? or is all this just a building to that one big sign?

all i know is i've got my eyes peeled on this one. this is gonna be a pretty interesting next month or tw. they're already calling for a horrible hurricane season. man oh man...mom's pissed at us!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks for stopping by and answering the question!

I hope your right!!
cos that is certainly something to
(smile) about

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

www.internationalrivers.org...

Found this link in regard to excess water & earthquakes.
Thanks OP for the thread.
I appreciate hearing from folks, nearly live here on ATS.

I too wonder what is up.. Obama caught Osama; war on terrorism over; his birth certificate issue all resolved; now FEMA /Government will be ready to deal with bigger issues >New Madrid Fault..
Just the facts....I'd go have some sweetened koolaid but heard the sweetner will kill ya.
(saying my daily prayers & praying for all of those affected by tragedies esp lately /seriously!)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I haven't been distracted one bit, natural events are more meaningful to me. I've been following along here on ATS as it seems the best place for updates and links. I don't live in the flooding areas, but I wish everyone it's effecting the best, and will be up tonight following along to hopefully hear how all this starts to pan out.

I do live in a area that may be affected by a New Madrid worst case quake, so if that happens, then I'm up for the ride. I'm not fearing anything like that though. But the whole thing with the flooding is that we can't control nature, we weren't meant to... we can try and may succeed for a time, but nature will find a way to overcome us in the end. Nature is like a wild animal, you can tame it, but it always still has its wild instinct and can attack you at any time. Like now.

S & F : For keeping this event in the headlights!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

This land spoken of is planted every year in corn, beans and even popcorn as well as watermelons. The issue is, these lands could potentially be ruined for years to come due to sand. I lived over there as a child, and my parents are from there.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's a Uranium Enrichment Plant, and it is no danger of flooding. It is just a few miles from my house. So, that is one less worry at least. Lets hope all goes as planned! Its too late to stop it now...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
TrueAmerican...if you're still paying attention:

ok...maybe the waters alone won't do it but what about coupled with the amount of explosives they are gonna use to blow the levee? i'm sure you're no explosives expert (maybe you are) but with all that explosive power coupled with all that water and the already active faults...logic would say there would be some effect.

not quesiotning you. you know way more about this than me. just a thinking...one of my greatest strengths/flaws.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

It's a Uranium Enrichment Plant, and it is no danger of flooding. It is just a few miles from my house. So, that is one less worry at least. Lets hope all goes as planned! Its too late to stop it now...

Thanks for that update!
I was unaware of any danger to said plant...
I just wanted to throw it out there.

Glad you caught it and settled any thoughts/fears about it!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

I have to agree. I've decided to ignore ALL Osama threads until further notice.

I believe that the intentional levee breach and flooding should be more of a concern to most Americans, even if they don't live directly in that area.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I live in Ky and have been following these threads closely. They were supposed to start blowing the levee at 9 oclock. It is now 9:30. Has anyone heard if they have actually started yet?

I agree that this should be all over the news instead of Bin Laden right now. Thanks for the thread OP.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That would be scary! I am always worried what would happen to us in the event of an eq if something in the plant busted or what something... its always a concern. Thanks for this thread! Parts of Paducah are terrible. The kroger parking lot looks like a lake... its so sad! So many people in harms way... but, things can be replaced... WE can't!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I am on the other side of the river from the levee, its only 8:33 here.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Whats going on with this link?!?!

404ed

It did have this information on it earlier

BIRDS POINT, Mo (Reuters) - The government said on Monday it will go ahead with a controversial plan to blow up a levee on the Mississippi River to relieve flood pressure on other levees along the critical commercial navigation route and save the town of Cairo, Illinois. The actual detonation of the protective embankment at Birds Point-New Madrid could come within the next three hours.

That link was posted in this thread earlier Here

That is odd...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Okay, I'm in the eastern time zone. My bad., I just have been expecting the New Madrid Fault to go real soon and this could possibly make that happen. I think they should not blow the levee because they don't know what will actually happen. They are acting insane IMO..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by kennylee

I am on the other side of the river from the levee, its only 8:33 here.

Since your so close,
will you keep us updated when they blow it...
You would be a great reporter in the field

unless of course it turns disastrous ...
then to hell with ATS!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

things can be replaced... WE can't!

you are 100% correct!!

Material items are nice...

but human life is priceless!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
oh...so they're gonna blow this mother soon? i thought i read somewhere it was gonna blow at midnight. cool.
9(CT)? i can stay awake for that! let's see what happens!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join