It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

Your possibly on to something...

your theory has logic to it...

I'm glad their plan failed if that was the intent/intentional

Glad the barges were secured

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
One bay, is now open on the Morganza spillway..... ONE??? I just don't get it.

Also, Local news, just reported. After all the barges were contained, three more got loose, and they are now contained..... It never ends. The Idiocy never ends.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wow, I'm so mad now.

The blatant lack of intelligence in apparent control of this situation behooves me!

Is is just me or does it seem that the intellectually challenged are managing worse and worse at every turn?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well the Morganza Spillway is now open, thoughts are with all those in it's path! I hope everything goes OK with it being opened!

The barges, I don't understand how they could not have contained them long before anything happened with them, two of them hit the Old Mississippi bridge on Hwy 190, none of that makes any sense.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Possible Live Video
of the spillway opening

(I said possible cos my dial-up won't let me check)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

First they used way too much explosives at Birds Point...

Damaged houses due to the immense shockwave that resulted...

Then these barges get lose... they secure them... some get lose again...
Its not like they expected the Mississippi to flood or anything... -sarcasm-

now they are only opening one bay?!

Yeah i've said it before I will say it again...

Incompetent idiots...

edit on 5/14/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is there anywhere that has good pictures of the flood waters
being spilled into the Morganza Spillway?

Its happening during the day... so it would seem to me... someone would have a
Chopper (Helicopter) covering this as it floods the spillway

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Here is a youtube of when they opened the spillway.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-5-2011 by WhoDat09 because: try to embed video

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Is there anywhere that has good pictures of the flood waters
being spilled into the Morganza Spillway?

Its happening during the day... so it would seem to me... someone would have a
Chopper (Helicopter) covering this as it floods the spillway

Seems like one bay at a time would be the best idea if you ask me. they dont want to send a tidal wave down.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Firstly, I want to thank EvolEric for this thread. I have been watching it daily since it was only four pages long. I do not believe it has received the amount of attention it deserves,northe credit for undoubtedly saving at least a few lives, since it seems tohave been the only reliable source of information most of us can find regarding this flood. And bravo to all the posts which have been consistently supportive, considerate, and polite.
Secondly, I want to comment on my own particular point of view about this flood. I am a realtor who specializes in listing and marketing foreclosures for a very large corp. I also believe in feng shui. Now without going into alot of distraction from this thread by presenting a lesson on feng shui, let me briefly explain that it has to do with the Chinese five elements , their symbolic meanings, and how the efect and placement of those elements effect our lives.
In feng shui, water symbolizes money, and most importantly, the flow of money in your life. So, plumbing is very important. If you have plumbing in good working order the flow of money is constant and orderly. If you have a leak , that symbolizes a constant drain on your finances.
Now I have been working with foreclosures excusively for the last four years, and in every single one of them, there have been plumbing problems, from minor repairs to sprinkler systems, all the way to replacing entire sinks, faucets, pipes, you name it. Since the foreclosure issue is nationwide and directly affects our economy, I began to see these plumbing problems as not only indicators of the financial distress of the previous owners, but as an economic indicator as well. I now see my job as contributing to the improvement of the economy by getting the bank to approve each plumbing repair, one house at a time. And for a time it appeared it was working, the economy seemed to be heading toward recovery.
But now, with this historic flood of the Missippi, I fear we are in for economic problems
the like we have never seen. I don't think it was a coincidence that Katrina happened in '05, that was the top of the real estate boom. Some say '06, but it was in '06 that prices began to fall. And since the Missippi affects our world, our global economy, this is why I say we may be heading into an economic downturn we have never before experienced.
Seeing incompetence in theway this flood is being handled? Tha's because there probably hasn't been any planning or training for worst case scenarios, no different than the way the foreclosure epidemic has been handled incompetently.
Call me crazy, but thaqt's how I see it. Thanks again for such a great thread, and for allowing me to post.....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

nice view point there!!!

I'll agree that there is going to be horrible economic problems arising from this flood...

In my own opinion, which is based off nothing more than, too much coffee and 2 pack of cigarettes...
I'm no expert and this is not a prediction... I may be wrong...

But:

I think the price for a loaf of bread will raise very a dollar a loaf... doesnt sound all that bad...
(What do you call Sandwich Bread? Light/White/Lite? I call it Light Bread, lol)
How many loaves do you and your family buy a week... We buy 4... so thats a total of 12 dollars higher a month for us... thats a lot to me!!! Add to to....

Gas prices will possibly hit at or around 5 bucks a gallon...

If gas prices go up... so will milk... so will everything else...

We're gonna have a lot of people out of work in this area...

Those people "stimulated" the economy... until they can get back on their feet the economy will hurt from that...

I hope I am wrong... and Missvicky although I agree with you, take this as non-offensive... but I pray we are wrong!

...but I believe your right Missvicky

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Wow Mrs Vicky thats quite a different way of looking at things. Very interesting.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So, any new info? It's been six hours since they opened the gates.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted in this forum I just jumped on and never got to read through all the posts.

Its the nightmare scenario that I've been more worried about which is the shifting of course.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

While I do not know if that exact article has been posted here...
I do know the subject has been discussed here...
and I've seen it on other threads...

with that being said... thanks for posting...
because it is a very real fear of people...

The way I can describe the shift...
The way I can relate is this...

I'm a fat man...
I currently wear size 42 wait pants
I wore 36's before I got married...

Now if you were to somehow by force get me into size 36's right now...
and squeeze all my fat into those pants...
and the pants hold up perfectly fine...

Eventually one day... I might bend or stretch or as in the case of the Mississippi River... take on a little too much water... and POP... I just busted my pants and my fat is no longer being held confined into such a small area...

...sorry if that disturbed you...

To me channeling the Mississippi down to a mere stream... compare to how it used to be...
was a dangerous foolish maneuver... That people today... or even in the future... might have to pay dearly for...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Lol yes I'm quite disturbed. Here is a video from yesterday. Seems like this guy updates his video's every day or 2.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is the latest news that I found on the opening of the Morganza Spillway:

www2.journalnow.com...

MORGANZA, La. -- Water from the inflated Mississippi River gushed through a floodgate Saturday for the first time in nearly four decades and headed toward thousands of homes and farmland in the Cajun countryside, threatening to slowly submerge the land under water up to 25 feet deep. Opening the Morganza spillway diverted water away from Baton Rouge and New Orleans, and numerous oil refineries and chemical plants on the lower reaches of the Mississippi. Shifting the water away from the cities eased the strain on levees and thwarted flooding that could have been much worse than Hurricane Katrina. "We're using every flood control tool we have in the system," Army Corps of Engineers Maj. Gen. Michael Walsh said at a news conference on the dry side of the spillway, before the bay was opened.

and this:

Diverted Mississippi River heads toward Cajun homes, farms :
www.msnbc.msn.com...

MORGANZA, La. — Water from the inflated Mississippi River gushed through a floodgate Saturday for the first time in nearly four decades and headed toward thousands of homes and farmland in the Cajun countryside, threatening to slowly submerge the land under water up to 25 feet deep. As the gate was raised, the river poured out like a waterfall, at times spraying 6 feet into the air. Fish jumped or were hurled through the white froth and within 30 minutes, 100 acres of what was dry land was under about a foot of water.

edit on 14-5-2011 by WhoDat09 because: add link

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
This is the latest news that I found on the opening of the Morganza Spillway:

www2.journalnow.com...

MORGANZA, La. -- Water from the inflated Mississippi River gushed through a floodgate Saturday for the first time in nearly four decades and headed toward thousands of homes and farmland in the Cajun countryside, threatening to slowly submerge the land under water up to 25 feet deep. Opening the Morganza spillway diverted water away from Baton Rouge and New Orleans, and numerous oil refineries and chemical plants on the lower reaches of the Mississippi. Shifting the water away from the cities eased the strain on levees and thwarted flooding that could have been much worse than Hurricane Katrina. "We're using every flood control tool we have in the system," Army Corps of Engineers Maj. Gen. Michael Walsh said at a news conference on the dry side of the spillway, before the bay was opened.

and this:

Diverted Mississippi River heads toward Cajun homes, farms :
www.msnbc.msn.com...

MORGANZA, La. — Water from the inflated Mississippi River gushed through a floodgate Saturday for the first time in nearly four decades and headed toward thousands of homes and farmland in the Cajun countryside, threatening to slowly submerge the land under water up to 25 feet deep. As the gate was raised, the river poured out like a waterfall, at times spraying 6 feet into the air. Fish jumped or were hurled through the white froth and within 30 minutes, 100 acres of what was dry land was under about a foot of water.

edit on 14-5-2011 by WhoDat09 because: add link

Thanks for the update!!

It comes as bittersweet though...

Great on one hand that New Orleans and Baton Rogue will have a greater chance to avoid major disaster...

But its still sad the lives displaced by the opening

Its a catch 22...

damned if you open the spillway

Damned if you don't

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Some very disturbing information about the situation on the ground from another thread. Can't vouch for the posters, but it seems relevant at some level to what is going on in this thread.

Lostsock from Tennessee:

There is a temporary Fema camp less than two miles from my door step at our local elementary school. On April 27 we had a class 3 tornado come through my town. My family was extremely lucky to not have any considerable damage. To make a real long story short.. we have been under a 7 pm curfew since the 28th. Meaning that if you are out driving or walking you will be stopped by the police and made to show your ID and proof that you live in the area. Everyone has had to stop at the Fema center and get a piece of zeroxed paper with the homeland security logo printed on it and our name and address. They said this makes it easier for the sheriffs to recognize locals from the sight seer's and the looters. Its been about 3 weeks and yesterday a man from Fema came to our home, asked a bunch of questions, told us that we were ineligible for assistance (we never wanted nor needed any in the first place) then he starts taking measurements of our home and photographs He also wanted to come inside and see if we had any damage on the inside. My husband and I told him repeatedly that we didnt. What makes is all unbelievably creepy is two days before a Fema inspector had already come out to our home to see if we had any damage and we said no, just some downed trees (102 of them to be exact) but we needed no assistance. So my question is why did this other man need to come and take pictures of our home?????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SunYu from Indianapolis area:

I live not far from Indianapolis to the south, my dog and cat are acting crazy. The cat won't stop meowing and both tried to run away - highly unusual behavior . . .it something up?

Nosoup4u from Alabama:

I drive through Pratt City and Forestdale Alabama everyday on Highway 78 just north of Birmingham, Alabama everyday. In case you don't know, that is where the F4/F5 tornado from Tuscaloosa went through. Anyway, the community was hit very hard and the local people and churches were immediately helping the needy. Anyway, FEMA took over Scott Middle School to do exactly what the other poster said, "Give out ID's" and "Money". Pratt City is where Condolezza Rice is from. They have the national guard there at 7:00pm every night along with Birmingham police to enforce the curfew. The fact is, this is happening. Whether it is a confirming of conspiracy; I don't know. Either way, I just want to throw this out there for all of you. By the way, I am a prior Air Force Fighter Crew-Chief too.

I have a feeling that the next few weeks will be very interesting. Everyone should stay aware, stay alert, stay out of fear, and stay safe. Otherwise going rather than staying seems like it might be the wisest course of action.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here's the river from the Chalmette Battlefield (where the battle of new orleans was fought). About a mile from where I grew up. From yesterday I believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join