It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Last I heard on my local news 2 days ago only 50 square miles was flooded, due to blowing the levee.

Isn't that sad, the amount of people out there who have no idea of the seriousness of the situation or the amount of peoples lives being effected.

While that may be true... for the Birds Point Levee area...

But the figure of the flooded 155,342 Square Miles is for the ENTIRE Mississippi river region...

edit on 5/11/11 by EvolEric because: Edit to not sound mean... was not my intention

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So your from Colorado... maybe you can confirm this?

I heard that the Colorado river and areas around Denver were flooding?

Where does this water lead?

Arkansas River? Cos that empties into the Mississippi

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Yes, those were some crazy clouds! I am right outside New Orleans, so unless the levees break we will be OK, still keeping an eye on things!

and I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 either!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Colorado empties into the Pacific, more specifically the Gulf of California.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Thanks!

I know the Colorado river does empty into the Gulf of California near the town of Mexicali

but i heard the areas around Denver were flooding as well

The Arkansas River is just south of Denver.... just wondering if there would be any impact of the melting of the snow caps there and the raising of the Mississippi even further
due to flooding of the Arkansas river anytime soon...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Sorry, I'm east of the Platte about 60 miles.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

www.accuweather.com...

Flooding in Louisiana is expected to be the size of the state of Connecticut and to affect at least 25,000 people if the Morganza Spillway is open. Even if it is not opened they are predicting much flooding along the Atchafalaya Basin due to overflow from the Mississippi and the extra water being diverted through the Old River Control Structure and water seeping through the Morganza Spillway.

Lafayette is on high ground and should be safe from the flooding.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

So your from Colorado... maybe you can confirm this?

I heard that the Colorado river and areas around Denver were flooding?

Where does this water lead?

Arkansas River? Cos that empties into the Mississippi

Yes, we have lots of snowpack this year and will have plenty of runoff this year. But most of this rivers run thru Kanasas from us, and from my understanding they have water rights to our water from way back when... we even drain off our reservoirs in the east end of the state to send it down river to them for farmland.

I don;t think you have to worry about us sending extra water your way, unless Kansas requests our water and sends it on instead of using it.

But. we are talking about the government and contracts here, so who knows, They might do it just beacause they can.

Than it would end up in the Missouri river I believe.

And there's sore point for Eastern Colorado. The Ogallala Aquifer is getting used up from farming/irrigating crops. Even on years that we don't have enough water, we have to "send it on downstream" because they have rights to it. Whether they use the water or not.

edit on 11-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: Addition to post

edit on 11-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: Addition to post

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

www.accuweather.com...

Flooding in Louisiana is expected to be the size of the state of Connecticut and to affect at least 25,000 people if the Morganza Spillway is open. Even if it is not opened they are predicting much flooding along the Atchafalaya Basin due to overflow from the Mississippi and the extra water being diverted through the Old River Control Structure and water seeping through the Morganza Spillway.

Thanks for the source-able information!

That is for Louisiana alone... an area the size of Connecticut being flooded!!!

Here is some facts about Connecticut

Connecticut is 14,357 sq km (Including Water)

3,405,565 (as of 2000) Connecticut is the 29th most populous state in the USA

Imagine that... an area that supports 3,405,565 people... is being flooded!!!!

Incase my info above is presented in the most confusing matter... I am not saying Connecticut is being flooded...
Read the quoted section... The flood coverage in Louisiana is being compared to an area the size of Connecticut

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

thanks!

I hope TPTB dont get a wild hair...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
And now we are online looking for safe places to relocate. We're heading for the hills! I'm thinking somewhere in mid texas, hill country. Any advice? I'm sick of louisiana. I'm sick of all this nasty weather, flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, the oil spill, and many other things I won't go into at the moment. But I've always been here, my whole family is here, i built my business from the ground up here, and the thought of leaving is overwhelming. But the thought of staying is terrifying.
I just want to cry.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

I am so sorry.

your post... has left me just about speechless...

I do not know what to say really...

Just prepare for this flood and take precautions and get to dry ground

and think about the rest... you said you have your life vested where you live...

Just try to focus on this flood for now...

The rest will come in time

Prayers and positive vibes...
We are all here for you
edit on 5/11/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You know, I don't think the flood is going to reach my home, but it's going hit areas that I need for my business. After Katrina, I learned a very hard lesson. And this is going to effect a much wider area for me this time around. And I know things will be even worse for so many other people than it will for me. But even if this flood spares my home and my business, there's always the next hurricane just around the corner to threaten us. I'm just sick of it. I'm tired of living in an area that leaves me so stressed all the time and questioning my future. Hurricane season starts next month. As soon as we get past this, there will be a terror approaching us in the gulf to keep us on our toes and make sure we get no rest. And then there's that damn navy future map that has my stomach in knots right now...how do you escape something the size of your whole state? I just feel a panic to leave.

Sorry to vent here. That's what's so nice about anonymity. I can go ahead and vent my feelings without fear from being judged professionally or personally.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
...and i'm really starting to regret my choice of screen name now....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

www.accuweather.com...

Thanks for the source-able information!

That is for Louisiana alone... an area the size of Connecticut being flooded!!!

Here is some facts about Connecticut

Connecticut is 14,357 sq km (Including Water)

3,405,565 (as of 2000) Connecticut is the 29th most populous state in the USA

Imagine that... an area that supports 3,405,565 people... is being flooded!!!!

Incase my info above is presented in the most confusing matter... I am not saying Connecticut is being flooded...
Read the quoted section... The flood coverage in Louisiana is being compared to an area the size of Connecticut

Eric, sweetheart, I agree with you...I am from CT (originally) I can't imagine CT underwater! I know CT from one end to the next...to be underwater...would be devastating! So many people, so many homes, so many business, so much loss!

My thoughts, hopes and prayers are with you all who are going through your tough times. I am not far from TN, KY, or any of the states affected. If any of you need a "safe place"...my home is open, to you, yours and your family. I may not have "lots" of space...but I have a heart open the size of TX to help you out! Just let me know...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

I do not blame you for that!

I had a chance to live in a area with great jobs with financial security...

BUT

It has major risk for tornadoes and damaging storms too often...

The place I would have stayed at...

They used keep spare windows in the basement... cos every spring hail or high wind or something knocked em out... They finally upgraded to Plexiglas or some other super strong glass...

So i do no blame you for wanting to leave... Cos i passed a darned good employment chance up...
I didn't want to live in a area with too high risk...

Too much "Keeping a weather eye out"
will make one weary... I am glad and my heart feels less heavy knowing that your home isn't going to be effected by this flood...

That damned Navy map has made me sick to my stomach today... literally!
Its too creepy for me... hell it might be fake?!
Does anyone know the real source for it?

but my area is "safe" on that navy map...
but just the thought that it might be real and that sharks will be just 100 miles from me...
when they are at least 1000 miles at the moment...
and the fact that this will kill millions...

I hope it was the work of a bored lunatic with Photoshop or a concept for a movie that never got into production!

ohhh btw... rant away!!!

Hell thats mostly what I do on here anyways...

lol... i'm not making fun of you... I am serious about things when it comes to the actual damages that the frickin navy map would infact depict if it were to be true and it were to actually happen... but your name has creeped me the hell out this past week or so!! Add your current location in the mix... and its just as scary lol ...no offense

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Your a good person.
But be careful
There is no shortage of lunatics running around these days

Godbless you

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by summer5

Your a good person.
But be careful
There is no shortage of lunatics running around these days

Godbless you

Thanks sweetie! I know that. I am not young and stupid, however, there are those out there who need a helping hand...lots of people can use a hand up, not a hand out. I believe in those who are in trouble and need the hand up...I have been there myself in the past..always managed on my own., But if my situation, as a single parent, was those of the flood, I would be screwed...I would hope for some help other than FEAM or any other government agency...just holding my hand out, if needed. Blessings to you!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Please never regret being in tune. Even on accident.

Namaste!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ae01f4be8bd.jpg[/atsimg]
Source

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join