It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

thanks for clarifying the time zone. and, hey, if you have to go to work, just let me know if you want me to update this thread and ill do it. just pm me with links to official sources and anything else. i have a pretty nasty case of multiple sclerosis, so im not goin anywhere today...

enjoy the coffee!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So, according to the ineractive radar map summary, about 4 hrs ago the radar rings started to disappear, and were gone completely 2 hrs ago

weather.unisys.com...

The rings were observed by radar for at least 29 hrs
edit on 5-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: Addition

I copied images from the radar for reference onto my hard drive for later reference if needed.
edit on 5-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: Addition

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They blasted it.

It is now flooding.
Google News 5-5-2011 Miss. River flooding news stories

edit on 5-5-2011 by deathproof because: added google news source links

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathproof
They blasted it.

It is now flooding.
Google News 5-5-2011 Miss. River flooding news stories

edit on 5-5-2011 by deathproof because: added google news source links

#3?

im not finding anything through the link... will you post a link to the specific story please?
edit on 5-5-2011 by egregore because: not discernable

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
According to KFVS

"The corps says it will complete operations on the Birds Point-New Madrid Floodway at approximately 1 p.m. Thursday, May 5."

So we still have a couple hours before the third blast.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyBones
According to KFVS

"The corps says it will complete operations on the Birds Point-New Madrid Floodway at approximately 1 p.m. Thursday, May 5."

So we still have a couple hours before the third blast.

ok, thats what i thought! i thought they might have pulled a fast one... thanks

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Gotta go but am sensing a tremendous amount of anxiety and shaking, something is UP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Washington is FINALLY taking notice. I got a phone call this morning from an attorney friend who lives 2 hours west of here. A group of attorneys he knows from Washington called him this morning, looking for a contact to get in touch with the farmers who were affected by the levee breach.

I gave him the cell phone # of the past president of Missouri Farm Bureau who lives and farms here. My friend relayed that info to the Washington group.

Maybe, just maybe, the farmers who were exploited by the CoE will get the high powered support they need!

The local media is quickly getting bored with this story, and I doubt will have a renewed interest unless it starts raining again

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Good Morning to All!!

I am sitting down with my coffee and ready to go.

Hope this isn't too off topic but given the HAARP discussion and concern over things to come, I thought it worth mentioning that Japan had a 6.1 about an hour ago, Alaska was hit with a 5.4 and 5.8, and Mexico also had a 5.8.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">quake map

The dutchsinse guy in the videos posted yesterday (I believe it is 5/3 www.youtube.com.../u/6/rtAnrn19WBo" target="_blank" class="postlink">You Tube Video) explaining that the pressure is building and we are seeing unusual places such as Georgia get quakes. He pointed out that for several days there was no activity near the New Madrid which that too is unusual. He said he expects a bigger quake within the next few weeks. And that the pressure is coming from deep down within the planet hence effecting large places and my reason for bringing up bigger quakes elsewhere. Maybe it's means something, maybe not but the more information we have the more we can learn.

Check out the video, see what you think.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
anyone care to comment on this barack obama visit to ground zero that will take place during the blast? if you cant smell the skunk, just dismiss this event from your mind...

im thinking love!
edit on 5-5-2011 by egregore because: reworded

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
More news:

Obama declares state of emergency
Published: May 5, 2011 at 10:21 AM

WASHINGTON, May 5 (UPI) -- U.S. President Barack Obama has declared states of emergency in Tennessee and Mississippi because of flooding along the Mississippi River.

Obama ordered federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts Wednesday in both states as flood-control experts prepared to blow a final hole in the Birds Point-New Madrid levee to reduce threats to populated areas.

CNN said the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers planned to blast the final crevasse in the Birds Point-New Madrid levee Thursday.

The opening of the Birds Point-New Madrid flood way is inundating 130,000 acres of prime farmland in Missouri. That has angered farmers in the area and Missouri officials, but has had its intended effect, with the Ohio River -- a record 61.72 feet at 10 p.m. Monday -- down almost 2 feet by Tuesday.

Maj. Gen. Michael Walsh, commander of the Corps' Mississippi River Valley Division, said without the breaches, massive flooding could inundate communities throughout the Mississippi and Ohio River valleys..... www.upi.com...

Remember on May 1, 2008 ... USDA Undersecretary Mark Keenum [said] "Our cupboard is bare." U.S. government food surpluses have evaporated...

Thanks to the bio-fuel laws and the grain cartel's influence those stockpiles are gone and have not been replenished. Crops in Russia and Australia failed and global food prices are sky rocketing. This article does a good job of explaining the far reaching repercussions of this flooding: The Strategic Grain Reserve February 5, 2011

It is not just loss of houses but the loss of vital FOOD producing farms!!!!

Explosion from Birds Point levee in Mo. felt in Dyer County

I strongly suggest planting a garden if you can and contacting a farmer about buying meat animals.....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey guys, hope those of you being affected by this are hanging in there. I have to say that I am one that has always been on the fence with harp, I am aware of it, and what the claims are but have never been convinced of anything. These circles though really have me wondering. I think it is at least worth researching.

I haven't had time to go back over the past several pages of the thread, so I don't know if anyone has linked this newer thread. It is about the suspected real reason for blowing the levee. It's hard to get through all the new threads popping up on ATS right now, so I'm going to link it here. Good stuff and I think the OP has nailed it. May not be the main reason for the question of THIS thread...but I think it is very likely the real reason for blowing that levee. Scary stuff:

ATS thread on real reason behind levee destruction

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by deathproof

They haven't blasted it yet. 1 pm

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
im going to recommend that people watch the "laying of the wreath" ceremony at ground zero while keeping track of this story... could be completely off base, but i have the suspicious feeling that he will reveal something SIGNIFICANT...

also, if you are in the NMF area, please keep an eye on the sky...

obama ended up not speaking at ground zero. so no infos there! RATS!
edit on 5-5-2011 by egregore because: update

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to give some information on the Circles located on the radar maps.

I am pretty sure they are Anomalous Propagation, If you notice, they are located at every location of a doppler radar. They often occur on the National Weather Service Mosaic map. Im not sure of the type of map shown in this thread. Here is an awesome site where Meteorologist Jeff Haby, explains in laymen's terms what Anomalous Propagation is, the different types of anomalies, and why they occur. From what I see they occur more often at night. In my opinion due to the temp fluctuations between ground level, and upper level temps. They can also be caused by bird and insect migration.

www.theweatherprediction.com...

Anomalous Propagation is abbreviated as AP. AP and false echoes are one of the biggest enemies of the radar meteorologist. Those without experience in radar meteorology are often "burned" by AP and false echoes.

National Doppler Radar site locations:
radar.weather.gov...

In my opinion, I think the reason they are showing up more lately, is because the Radars themselves have improved over the years, but the software filters used to eliminate this type of artifact has not improved as much.

More info here...
scholar.google.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

COMMERCE, Mo. -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers levee at Commerce is now the last line of defense for southern Scott County.
A private levee which had provided protection for farmland between the corps' levee and the Mississippi River was breached sometime Monday night or early Tuesday, according to Amber Scudder, emergency management director for Scott County.

"The water is now to the corps' levee -- it flooded 5,500 acres of farmland," Scudder said Tuesday. The levee was breached "sometime in the middle of the night -- apparently nobody knew about it. The farmers didn't know about it until the morning when they went out to look at it."

www.semissourian.com...

Anyone live in the area that can give us an idea of the implications here? Many thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I took a trip to FL this past week, and on the way there I got stuck in Alabama because power was out everywhere (=no gas) due to the tornadoes. On the way back, I got stuck again due to the Mississippi river/White river flooding. Both ways I saw TONS of houses destroyed, completely. Not to mention all the traffic backed up, etc. I think, for some reason, they may be trying to distract from all this. Not exactly sure why, though.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
there have been a few quakes in the fault area (only one today 4-5-11) 1.8 and below... 2 in arkansas as well (today, 2.0 & 2.3)...

have a look here

go to the "overlays" tab and check the "earthquakes" box... you can click as many tabs/boxes as you want to suit your curiosities...
edit on 5-5-2011 by egregore because: dates

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
From their facebook page

"Update from the field: final preparations are being made to open the third crevasse (outflow levee section). We expect the final blast to occur within about an hour"

That was posted a little over an hour ago, so the blast should occur at anytime now.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

It is not just loss of houses but the loss of vital FOOD producing farms!!!!

Explosion from Birds Point levee in Mo. felt in Dyer County

I strongly suggest planting a garden if you can and contacting a farmer about buying meat animals.....

Mississippi Delta Farmers expecting loss of over 900,000 acres, so that is over a MILLION acres of farmland lost, just from Mississippi, and Missouri.
www.mpbonline.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join