It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Thank you!

Yes, we shall wait, watch, and see if there might be a connection.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Birds Point New Madrid Floodway Joint Information Center:
We will open the third crevasse (outflow) of the Birds Point New Madrid Floodway tomorrow at approximately 1 pm. Col. Reichling, Memphis District Commander, will speak following the operation.
about an hour ago via iPhone

Source

So make that tomorrow for the next blast

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

3.1 SE Missouri Levee Blast36.95°N -89.14°W 0Km Deep 2011-05-03 03:02:50 UTC1970-01-01 00:00:00 US2011KLAI So the levee blastings are registering (or creating earthquakes all together) on the USGS.....

Can you provide a link? USGS not showing it (but are showing a 5.4 towards alaska really deep, too) earthquake.usgs.gov...

The plot thickens. It does not show up on USGS but the data is clearly from USGS. I am unable to open a post script file, but here is the search and address. I double and triple checked the real time USGS map and there is nothing on there.

edit on 4-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: fix pic

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Odds are some in here have already seen this today, but it seems pretty relevant to this thread and I hadn't seen it posted in the last couple pages. Crossing my fingers from Southwest IN.

edit on 4-5-2011 by AlexKintner because: added 2nd line.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Those radar rings have always struck me as odd...

I never seen them before this year...

maybe I wasnt paying attention?

The next few days will prove what its really about?

but I have a HAARP related theory...

I count 25 rings....

Wasn't the number of known HAARP (like) Installations 25?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't know... i'm not expert...

But from what Greenzie and others have told us about the first explosion....

It knocked a house off its foundation...
it was heard and felt 125 miles away...

I had stated they used too much explosives... overkill!!

then today they finally announced they actually did use too much...

so... i mean considering how powerful that explosion was...

It did register on the scales...

but if i was to sling a sledge hammer hard enough... and i mean really heard... inhuman hard... it too would register...

...I'm just saying...

do I think there might have been "sinister" motives for using too much explosives...
yes...
reason?
I got some guesses...

but i'll just sit on them at this moment

edit on 5/4/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I count 25 rings...

I went to Stormpulse.com and zoomed in on my area (N. Indiana) and even tho
the rings don't show on the Natl map they are all over Indiana as well. Very
interesting, not sure about the HARPP theory but could be I suppose. I hope
this is a good sign (we are wondering where Spring is here, its been wet and
cool.) Will certainly been keeping an eye here for updates. Thanks for the
info.all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I don't know... i'm not expert... But from what Greenzie and others have told us about the first explosion.... It knocked a house off its foundation... it was heard and felt 125 miles away... I had stated they used too much explosives... overkill!! then today they finally announced they actually did use too much... so... i mean considering how powerful that explosion was... It did register on the scales... but if i was to sling a sledge hammer hard enough... and i mean really heard... inhuman hard... it too would register... ...I'm just saying...

Yes but, that explosion was on the 5/2. The 3.1M data was from the 5/3. If the second explosion couldn't be felt as far as the first it's unlikely that the second explosion would have caused that. Perhaps the 3.1M data is from 5/2 and just posted on 5/3. Oh, I wish I could open postscript files...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

ohhhhh

my bad

That IS interesting...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well I can tell ya the temperature here is out of the norm...

Its 38.8 degrees Fahrenheit here... for you Celsius fans that is 3.7 degrees

2 weeks ago it was 85F (29.4C)

Its supposed to get colder tonight here too...

So there is something odd about the weather

...Might be HAARP... I do love blaming things on it

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

ohhhhh my bad

No, possibly mine.

Breech #1: Monday night May 2 at 10:02::29 CDT Lat: 36.861 Lon: -89.162
Breech #2 Tuesday afternoon May 3, at 12:36:56 CDT Lat: 36.581 Lon: -89.483

Seismic monitoring stations operated by the University of Memphis, St Louis University, and the U.S. Geological Survey recorded the explosion of a portion of the Birds Point Levee by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) late monday evening. The event occurred at about 10:02pm CDT on May 2, 2011 (May 3 at 03:02:40 UTC) and had an equivalent magnitude of about 3. This was part of the USACE Birds Point-New Madrid Floodway Operations Plan put into effect to stave off flooding in the town of Cairo, IL and elsewhere. Portions of the Mississippi river are expected to reach levels in the coming days not seen since the great flood of 1937.

The displayed seismogram was recorded on station HENM located about ten miles north of New Madrid, MO and about 20 miles southeast of the levee. Similar blasting activity is also conducted routinely in mines, quarries, road building, and other human endeavors and does not induce additional earthquakes. The added weight of the flood waters are only a tiny fraction of the weight of the earth's crust and are also not expected to induce earthquakes. The probability of a significant New Madrid earthquake is no higher nor lower as a result of the Birds Point operation or the flood waters.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Awesome post there!

It has a lot of great info there!!

Don't worry about it, I can't read half the time myself! lol

But its great to have the actual ranking of that explosion here

I seen a sesmo graph of it where it registered....
yesterday I think... its way back in this thread somewhere...

but i had no clue on how it ranked

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

After another sunny, beautiful day, much of the flood water around my house has receded. Now I can abandon my plans to rig an Evinrude to my lawn mower.

Glad the waters are going down for you!!

Great news!!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bradychick

Hey thanks for stopping by...

I am going to keep updating as much as I can
and others here have worked VERY HARD to keep this thread going with great information!

So keep checking back

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

Originally posted by thinkingthing
Does anyone know how many total homes have been flooded throughout all the affected states? Also, a total number of evacuations? It seems like totals should be easy to find, as it's important info, but so far I've had no luck. I find little blurbs about certain towns and neighborhoods here and there, but no comprehensive coverage.

Great question!!!
I didnt forget about it!!

It should be easy enough...
But since there is very little news coverage on this whole thing...

don't expect any until OBL is gone from the news...
I gave up yesterday and havent even check the news channels since yesterday morning...

But in an attempt to shine some light on your question, i present this...

lawyers met with more than 80 residents of the floodway and surrounding areas

Source

I read "somewhere else" that the total was around 100 homes effected by the flooding of the spillway...
but I dont have a source right now...
edit on 5/5/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wanted to come and say that a friend of mine that lives about 2 miles up the road came into my work today and told me that the first blast actually caused a crack down here basement wall and across the concrete floor to the other wall.... that was one hell of a blast! More reports everyday. Heard that in Wicklffe, windows blown out of houses as well as cracked foundations.

Today, the sky was full of clouds that looked like what I would visually call "ribcages"... that kind of concerned me because I googled earthquake clouds and some of the images looked the same. Not fear mongering, just sharing. I didn't get a pic because my cell phone camera sucks! I will watch tomorrow as I have taken a couple of days off and if I see them again I will take some photos.

Good news... getting a storm shelter installed in the morning! My own little underground concrete bunker!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a4926ac144e.gif[/atsimg]

Link:weather.unisys.com...

This is current as of May 5 2011
Check out the rings in the mid-west? what in the sam hill is this?

For anyone interested in keeping updated on worldwide flooding check evoleric's other thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great thread EE! Kudos my friend SnF cheers coco

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Thanks Greenzie!!
for that update on Explosion related damage!

proving further that was a massive shockwave!!

The CoE should have to pay for that damage!
Cos if that had been a "Civilian" Outfit doing the explosions...

not only would they be facing jail time... they would be sued and they would have to pay for the damages...
i've always heard...

"Whats fair for the goose is fair for the gander"

Hmmmm EQ Clouds... interesting... Look above...
circular images on that radar map

(Thanks Coco!!)
(and coyotepoet and thinkingthing for posting it earlier
)

for those of you who love wikipedia click here for EQ Cloud Article
there is no pictures in the above link... only words...

This site has some pictures of EQ Clouds and info

And another site with pictures and info

Have that camera ready tomorrow and keep a keen eye on the sky!

edit on 5/5/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have a feeling there is going to be a lot less food soon. Everywhere is either really dry or flooding.... There is so much flooding and natural disasters going on making it hard to grow crops. Plant your gardens, this year if any.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

There's a good Dutchsinse video a few posts up talking about that. He says that on Unisys those are typical Nexrad station rings if I understood him right but he also said there were unusual flare ups along that band in Cherokee OK, Wichita, Memphis, and Red Cloud NE that would seem to indicate severe weather in those area in the next 24-48 hrs up to and including tornadoes. I'm new to this method of HAARP weather prediction so I can't yet differentiate between usual and unusual but those are apparently the places to watch in the next few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join