It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

Yeah, another after dark explosion. Isn't that interesting

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Ok, my internet wont hardly work. What date was the radiation released into the river?
Speculation... was the water not tested BEFORE they started pumping into the river? If not, then why? Especially with Japan incident going on. I suspect there may a problem (because of the standing water, and because of the contamination) and a coverup. Absolutely no news coverage even on the internet, except from 1 source (that I could find anyway)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
yeah? why are they keeping everything in the dark? i really don't like this. the first one was too big and no warning. now they ran out of explosives? i bet this one's gonna be a whopper...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

I was looking through DTIC site and found this which I can see now why they are worried about Illionis.

Rogers pointed out that an earthquake along the New Madrid fault in southeast Missouri could trigger earthquakes in two other seismic zones in Illinois. Such a scenario would result in infrastructure and economic damage that could take 10 years to recover from, he said.

link: www.131bw.ang.af.mil...

Several surface water bodies are occasionally flooded by backwater, including Eagles Nest, Hubbard Lake, and Tenmile Pond; however, because most of Tenmile Pond is managed primarily for waterfowl, spring backwater flooding is restricted because it interferes with this management goal. Big Oak Tree State Park is also an important fishery resource, although it does not have a surface water body that is typically connected to the river under backwater flooding.

www.mvm.usace.army.mil...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

In this instance that is unlikely. There is far more pressure on the ground from the unrelieved flood INSIDE the levee at 62 ft depth than there would be from a a release of water as I said on another thread immediately above a post by the OP of this thread.

Water, weight of, can and does cause earthquakes in many places in the world, but it is pretty much exclusively in areas which are behind dams. You can think of the levee as a dam, however the depths we are talking about here are very unlikely to set off earthquakes of any great consequence, if at all.

This PDF file off the document in that other thread is an excellent history of the levees and why they exist, and of course how they are designed for just this occasion - which has happened before. I really would recommend reading that PDF in full to get a picture of what this is all about.

In many ways it is the old story. If you build on a flood plain, expect disaster. In this case if you build on a flood plain that attempts to channel 41% of the total run-off in the United States, expect mighty big trouble.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

We have a pump... no biggie. It is a hassle though. At one point the water level reached the hot water heater and dowsed the pilot.

You're right about the water damage. It will sneak up on you.

Usually any flooding is proportional and sequential to the rainfall. It's been raining here on & off for like two weeks, but no flooding until yesterday/today. The basement flooded again today but not as bad. Granted, sometimes it takes a day or two for the rainwater to seep through the ground and cause subsequent flooding.

Someone asked about the weather?

Yesterday & today, clear blue skies... with the normal hazy tint of pollution.

Usually by this time of year the daily temps average around 80-85, it's been more like 65. Which is unseasonably cool for this area. Seems like more rain than usual, even for springtime. It does rain here quite a bit, but I've never seen flooding or flash floods to this extent.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
so when is it going to bust like ?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

On Tuesday morning, Cape Girardeau-based Cook, Barkett, Ponder and Wolz LC filed a lawsuit in a Washington, D.C., federal court seeking unspecified damages for the farmers and property owners in the spillway flooded out by the levee's breach. Later in the day, lawyers met with more than 80 residents of the floodway and surrounding areas and members of the media at the Clara Drinkwater Newnam Library in Charleston, Mo., to discuss the suit.

Source

Coolottie, pointed this out to me earlier today... thanks Coolottie!

Awesome! Hopefully the people who lost their livelihood during the flooding of the spillway can get back on track!

Thank you Puterman for dropping in and settling a few things for us...
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Puterman or TrueAmerican for that matter...
they are 2 of ATS' leading EQ people... they monitor several different resources/tools and they do seem to be quite knowledgeable about EQ's and related activity.

So I typically listen when those two speak

Also...UPDATE

As of about an hour ago...

Birds Point New Madrid Floodway Joint Information Center:
Due to logistical difficulties, the Corps will not breach the lower levee section (outflow crevasse) today. We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available

Source

So... what is that Logistical Difficulty?
Looks like we're on stand-by for now...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I sure hope you can get this to the farmers and homeowners that suffered at Bird Point

This was dated August 2010: They knew they were going to blow the levees and already had approval by the President. [They could have at least let the public and the people to be affected by this]

The existing Plan of Operation for the Floodway was reviewed by Missouri state officials in November 1985 and approved by the President, MRC, in January 1986. The plan required modification to the frontline levee which includes raising 12,500 feet of the upper fuseplug and 7,500 feet of the lower fuseplug and installing horizontal polyethylene pipe in three crevasse locations. These crevasse locations are designated as Inflow, Inflow/Outflow No. 1 and Inflow/Outflow No. 2. In addition to the modifications to the frontline levee, all materials, including the blasting agent which will be pumped into the pipes in the levee, and equipment necessary to place the floodway into operation have been acquired by the Memphis District.

Link: www.mvm.usace.army.mil...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Awesome! Hopefully the people who lost their livelihood during the flooding of the spillway can get back on track!

Yeah, except for that new law with the class action law suits. Just in time eh? I can't remember the specifics but it was on the front page a few days, something like the supreme court (?) can block class action law suits if it choses to?
edit on 4-5-2011 by mutantgenius because: remove text

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

I sure hope you can get this to the farmers and homeowners that suffered at Bird Point

This was dated August 2010: They knew they were going to blow the levees and already had approval by the President. [They could have at least let the public and the people to be affected by this]

The existing Plan of Operation for the Floodway was reviewed by Missouri state officials in November 1985 and approved by the President, MRC, in January 1986. The plan required modification to the frontline levee which includes raising 12,500 feet of the upper fuseplug and 7,500 feet of the lower fuseplug and installing horizontal polyethylene pipe in three crevasse locations. These crevasse locations are designated as Inflow, Inflow/Outflow No. 1 and Inflow/Outflow No. 2. In addition to the modifications to the frontline levee, all materials, including the blasting agent which will be pumped into the pipes in the levee, and equipment necessary to place the floodway into operation have been acquired by the Memphis District.

Link: www.mvm.usace.army.mil...

Didn't they already know about this?
I would hope that our government warned them of the possibility of a breach
If not that is...
Sad...

Thanks for sharing!!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My attention has been diverted away from the flooding in the last couple of days due to the OBL story. I just remember Haley Barbour making a comment in the news that in his 63 years he has never experienced the flooding that we are about to see in the south. Could these future maps be any indication as to what we could expect? From the looks of this map I will be needing a boat pretty soon.

www.timeline2012.net...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
3.1 SE Missouri Levee Blast36.95°N -89.14°W 0Km Deep 2011-05-03 03:02:50 UTC1970-01-01 00:00:00 US2011KLAI

So the levee blastings are registering (or creating earthquakes all together) on the USGS.....

and they are doing so along the Mississippi on the New Madrid fault.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Still the strange circular patterns on radar, just a little closer to NMF, Mississppi River

weather.unisys.com...

Sorry, I don't know haw to do a screenshot

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Looks from you info, 0KM deep, it is registering the actual blast. But... strong enough to register as a 3.1 EQ? That to me is very strange

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've been going back and forth tonight looking at
radar, the circles are interesting, there are a lot
of them in my area and all seems too quiet right
now in the weather department, huh. Hope
this isn't the calm before the storm.

Those of us on or near the Madrid need
to prepare. I can't help from thinking
about the timing on the blasting and
I am more afraid now that I know the
blast showned on seismo and swarms
are taking place.

Thanks everyone for the important info.
Stay safe.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

How long till the blast?

Try not to be scared, just be prepared.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Take care Daisy, we humans have survived a lot and I know you are a strong lady. Keep positive and prayer for the best. So many truths are coming out that things will get better.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Can you provide a link? USGS not showing it (but are showing a 5.4 towards alaska really deep, too)
earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 4-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

You hit printscreen button on your keyboard and then copy it to paint or whatever image program you use
The circles are all up and down it. Can't find the video right off but I was seeing something someone had done discussing how those circles were related to HAARP. He correctly predicted serious Tornado activity within 24-48 hours with the first set of tornadoes in early April based on the appearance of those "HAARP rings"

edit on 4-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: fix pic

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join