It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor
Can't thank you enough! Glad I came across this post. I live in the West Coast but constantly try to keep myself updated with statewide events, not just local.

More flags people!

Thanks, and your welcome!

I don't live in the flood area and I have no family there...
But I still have "feelings" for those who live there!

This is something that shouldn't be brushed under the rug!

Also don't forget to check out those threads in the OP...
I didnt make em... and I didnt wanna take credit for their work,
so flag em if ya can

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I've, well really we all have been hearing about this for years the first time I heard about it was on Coast to Coast in a show about Edgar Cayce: www.near-death.com...
Looking at all the maps on your links OP it looks like about nine people or more have all had the same vision. Good tread OP thanks this is for sure something to keep our eyes on, hell even the NAVY is it looks like so whats that tell us?
edit on 2-5-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro
On top of the rain, the "melt" as we call it in Colorado has not started yet in the high country. The melt is when all of the snow starts melting up in the high country. Now, most of it will go to the west (continental divide), but the news is already calling for 100 Year Marks for Flooding in and around Boulder, CO. Most of the CLOSED ski resorts still have 100" inches of snow at the base of the mountain. That's 8 feet of snow. Towards the tops of the peaks, there is still 200" inches. That's 16 feet. Normally, we get nice weather and the melt is gradual, but this year is going to be different. Record snow fall dumped over 42 feet of snow in the high country. I live in Denver, and I have never in my years here seen such constant moisture and grey skies. Its snowing now in the high country. Adding more snow to the melt. Watch what the temperatures do here in Colorado. There is only one place for the water to go from here, and that's DOWN.

www.newsteamboulder.org...

Thanks!!! A nice addition!
That is certainly worthy of awareness!!!

My wife's step father lives in Lafayette, Colorado...
So does that mean they might be in risk?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I can only S@F you once, so just to let you know I support this thread 10000%. This is what has been keeping me awake for the past couple nights as well and I have linked info to it which got lost in others threads, so glad to see this thread happening as it is going to be so out of control and they know it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
I've, well really we all have been hearing about this for years the first time I heard about it was on Coast to Coast in a show about Edgar Cayce: www.near-death.com...
Looking at all the maps on your links OP it looks like about nine people or more have all had the same vision. Good tread OP thanks this is for sure something to keep our eyes on, hell even the NAVY is it looks like so whats that tell us?
edit on 2-5-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

Those maps remind me of the same
quite chilling!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I can only S@F you once, so just to let you know I support this thread 10000%. This is what has been keeping me awake for the past couple nights as well and I have linked info to it which got lost in others threads, so glad to see this thread happening as it is going to be so out of control and they know it.

Thank you for your support!
When I first heard of the flooding
I literally gripped the arms of my chair!

one of the worst natural disasters in American history...
possibly unfolding before our eyes...
and 99.9% of the populace will never know it
until its too late!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

No problem... Its out of everyone's mind right now, and as sure is the sun, the melt will come.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

If they live along the Platte River basin.. You bet they are... But Elevation here is all over the place.. so Maybe not.. It just depends on how close they are to a river.. The rivers here rise soooo quickly.. like nothing I have ever seen.. I guess rock and sun baked dirt make the ground hard to penetrate. If you have been here, I am sure you have seen the climb to safety signs...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro

If they live along the Platte River basin.. You bet they are... But Elevation here is all over the place.. so Maybe not.. It just depends on how close they are to a river.. The rivers here rise soooo quickly.. like nothing I have ever seen.. I guess rock and sun baked dirt make the ground hard to penetrate. If you have been here, I am sure you have seen the climb to safety signs...

Actually, I have never been there...
I havent actually met them yet and I just know that they live in the LaFayette area...

But my wife lived there for a while... so i am familiar with the terrain, etc

Well I wish them the best

thanks!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
it seems that it will probably happen this afternoon. or atleast, they will be ready to do it this afternoon. the supreme court was the last legal chance to block this from happening, but they decided not to block it.

Walsh has said a decision would have to be made when the river reaches 61 feet. The Mississippi had reached 60.1 feet this afternoon with continued rain forecast through Wednesday

Walsh has said the trigger point for blowing up the levee will be when the Ohio River at Cairo reaches 61 feet. Forecasters on Sunday said the river is expected to crest this week at 61.5 feet

Walsh said some parts of the Cairo levee wall were "beginning to degrade." He said engineers noticed sand boils, a sign of trouble in which pressure from the swollen river pushes under the levee wall and water bubbles up in the soil on the other side. Sunday afternoon, the boil had pooled to 40 feet wide and 12 feet deep about 100 yards from the floodwall.

Walsh, who toured Cairo's levee area, recently described the boil -- which has been growing since it was spotted Tuesday -- as the largest he had ever seen

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

hope this helps, i quoted most of the relevant data. hard times everywhere, this cannot be sustained for long. oh, btw. they need so much explosive because they're taking out a 2 mile long section. personally, i think they will blow it up, its a bad situation with no real solutions, but blowing it up is dumb. they should only do it if they are 100% certain the levee will break.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Also, to save the city of Cairo they have to flood the farmlands. That is why they are blasting this levee. That is going to have some repurcussions further down the road.
This has BARELY been on the news. I do not have cable, so I can only watch local news, If you don't watch from beginning to end everyday (which I dont"
) you wouldn't even know about this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This whole topic seems to be being ignored as some have mentioned earlier. I went to 4 different AZ news sites and only found information on one in regard to the flooding. I cannot believe this is not all over the news...unfortunately limited information seems to be the new norm.

Two questions:
From what I have read (can't remember which site but will post if/when I do), the explosives are already being loaded....so what would happen if there was an earthquake that occurred prior to them using the explosives?

Can someone please give me info on sand boils? I am trying to take in all this new information and looking up stuff but if someone can give me a brief overview of what they mean.

Thanks!! And prayers to those in effected areas.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ok. This is what really concerns me…

In what coverage can be found in the msm regarding blowing the levee, I can barely find anything that discusses what could happen if something with the plan goes awry.

I did a search for information about this and all I came up with was this transcript of a public meeting from 1988 that deals with some of the many things that could go wrong should they blow the levee and can’t control the water when they do. The fact that this isn’t all over the msm is stunning.

Here is a quote from the transcript:

"Anyone familiar with the river in flood is bound to have several problems with the plan of operation itself; I dont wish to dwell on them, but three do bear mentioning: 1) It is naive in the extreme to suppose there will be no scour or bluehole formation. Even if only the top 11 feet is blown off, the wall of flood water has about another 14 feet to cascade on to the dry ground below; within two miles it again falls, this time off O'Bryan's Ridge, a second 14 foot drop. For a recent example of a flooding river's capacity to damage look no farther than Dry Bayou, where just natural over topping of the high bank-- not blasting the top 11 feet off a 25-foot levee that is holding back the Worst Flood Imaginable--just natural over topping produced massive scour and huge blueholes. 2) The blast that initiates operation of the Floodway is directly over the New Madrid Fault, and noone even pretends to know the consequences of that. 3) When the 550,000 cfs of water projected for the Floodway is reached, how do you shut it off? The answer of course is that you dont once the first gap is blasted the exposed naked ends of the levee rapidly erode,as they did in 1937, the gap widens, and the river is clearly beyond human control."

The concerns of these citizens in 1988 still ring true today, if not more so.

EP Public Meeting Transcript - 11NOV88 - BPNM Spillway Activation

Frightening information and I pray that if they do blow the levee nothing goes wrong.

edit on 5/2/11 by Juggalette because: To add quote

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bradychick

There is information on the usgs website in regards to sandboils, in that though they are refferring to their occurence along with seismic events. Supposedly, in this case it is due to rising waters and degradation of the levees.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

REPLY TO JUGGALETTE....

Good work there. I don't have time or the head to read that right now, can you point out some of the pertinent info for us? TY

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for their posts!

I'm just waking up and getting familiar with any new information!

It seems getting any news on the subject is about like find gold in a sand box...
its impossible cos it don't exist...

but let's keep digging!

also don't forget to give credit, where credit is due... in the threads listed in the OP

-Evol Eric

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
reply to post by bradychick

There is information on the usgs website in regards to sandboils, in that though they are refferring to their occurence along with seismic events. Supposedly, in this case it is due to rising waters and degradation of the levees.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I had seen those sand boils on my local news... We've had several in Kentucky...
they were saying it was due to the flooding...

That was the first time I had seen them...
but I thought to myself...
that looks like thats caused volcanic/geological activity!

But that was just my uneducated opinion....

seem like some are actually EQ related....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Do you have any photos or links to the KY sand boils? I'm in KY as well. If not - no problem. I'm just curious as to where they are/were.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Speaking of Kentucky, when Wolf Creek Dam goes, it's gonna be one heck of a mess downstream. Look into that, because it's in the near future.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Some updates.

www.commercialappeal.com...

www.reuters.com...
100,000 acres of farmland would be flooded. ^^^^^^

www.commercialappeal.com...
Pictures^^^^^

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This quote from a movie called
“The Loss of a tear trop diamond”
Which is on Encore Drama, channel 345 on DISH…
RIGHT NOW!

My wife pointed it out to me…

“This tear drop diamond will wash me clean
As the share croppers
Her father drowned
Last spring when he blasted the south end of his Levee”

Isn’t that friggin odd or what?!

Illuminati forecast/warning?

come on?! what gives? of all the days to be showing that movie!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join