It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden Killed; ID Confirmed by DNA Testing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden Killed; ID Confirmed by DNA Testing

abcnews.go.com

Osama bin Laden, hunted as the mastermind behind the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil, has been killed, President Obama announced tonight.

The president called the killing of bin Laden the "most significant achievement to date" in the effort to defeat al Qaeda.

Bin Laden was located at a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, which was monitored and when the time was determined to be right, the president said, he authorized a "targeted operation."

"A small team of Americans carried out the operation," Obama said. "After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm so happy when i read this. I bet NATO contribution to Afghanistan was well effort after all. What happened if we didn't go to Afghanistan? I thank Canada, Britain, Germany, and France and those who helped us. What do you guys think? I think this will be the happiest day for us. Sorry but i sound excited when i read this. It's confirmed that Osama Bin Laden is dead. He was killed by US forces!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I just hope they don't respond they way they were threatening.
2nd.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
thank goodness! so when can we stop this so-called war on terror/homeland security paranoia and resume the all-important business of finding solutions to global problems? like providing funds for research on alternative energy sources, increasing agricultural productivity, greater access to information and education in third-world countries, etc.? what do you think folks? are we up for the challenges beyond the war on terror/war on drugs/etc? or do we always have to have wars to justify our existence? and will this period in human history be known in the future as the war century?
edit on 5.1.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ahhh who's the new bogeyman now huh huh? Russia? China? Iran? North Korea? If so we're DOOM

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
thank goodness! so when can we stop this so-called war on terror/homeland security paranoia and resume the all-important business of finding solutions to global problems?

No, No now we have to ramp it up. We have to be ready for the retaliation strike that will be "certain" and "imminent."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Let the Celebration Begin. The War on terror should be now over. Bring home the boys with Honors and celebration.

And no this is not sarcasm, I'm a a supporter of our troops.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
they have had his dna on file all along I'm sure
just like they do every baby born in the US since the 80s

PS
Souporting the troops
been down to the VA lately? doubt it
If supporting the troops them means sending them to die for the people who are destroying the US I feel sorry for you
well no I don't..
I feel sory for those that have to live with the consequences of having to live with people like you.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Though I won't be able to check back til tonight...

How do they already have DNA proof that it was him? This attack occurred yesterday at 1:30 am local time. So, they swoop in, kill him, gather uncontaminated DNA sample and rush it to where? Did they have a van parked out back? A mobile testing lab?

DNA testing

Just one example of the length of time it takes to test a sample.

Just wondering about the time frame on this supposed testing and if it would be feasible to actually get it done in time for the announcement.

Does anyone remember back in 2002 I believe when news channels were saying Osama had kidney disease and needed dialysis? They just said on the news that it was kidney stones and NOT kidney disease. OMG. Blatant lies.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Sagittarian69 because: Watching news and getting upset...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This Story is a Month Late , it should of been reported on April 1st .......

" Osama bin Laden died of kidney failure soon after the September 11, 2001, attacks. In 2002, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said bin Laden had kidney disease, and that he had required a dialysis machine when he lived in Afghanistan. That same year, the FBI’s top counterterrorism official, Dale Watson, said, “I personally think he is probably not with us anymore.” Since then, of course, bin Laden has appeared on multiple videos looking healthier than ever."

Guess they were keeping him on Ice for the Last 9 Years..........

edit on 1-5-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Where the heck did they get DNA to test against?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagittarian69

I was wondering the same thing...I was under the impression obtaining DNA confirmation was more time consuming & complicated than the standard finger prick....How did they come by it so quickly??

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This just in. Santa Clause is really a clone of George Washington. How do we know. DNA testing! Prove us wrong!

I love DNA. I'm gonna start using that anytime I want to be right without the burden of proof.

No way man, that's my hotdog. DNA Confirms it! Sorry you lose.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Osama is just one severed head on a seven headed dragon...Things may actually get much worse from here...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Where the heck did they get DNA to test against?

Well, if Osama ever went to a hospital in his life... that's just my guess. DNA doesn't care how old you are. You will have the same DNA when you are young as when you are much older.

Also, they said they have his body in custody, so they had very clear access to his DNA and such.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Thank god. I've been ready for Armageddon for years. Finally get to apply all that theoretical planning and self training. lol

Bring it On!!!
LOL

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
they have had his dna on file all along I'm sure
just like they do every baby born in the US since the 80s

PS
Souporting the troops
been down to the VA lately? doubt it
If supporting the troops them means sending them to die for the people who are destroying the US I feel sorry for you
well no I don't..
I feel sory for those that have to live with the consequences of having to live with people like you.

Don't need to go to the VA. My father is a retired vet and my brother inlaw just came back from Afghanistan three weeks ago.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So there is no reason to be in afghan now

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
the vets in the US lead the jobless and the homeless
and the number of dead and suicided us troops is astronomical
not to mention the one third of the females in the US army reporting being raped by their own side

Obama wanted to make them pay for their own healthcare...

yah you got osama the "not proven guilty"
while you vote for the people killing your troops
no matter what party you voted for
and pay the taxes that make them die

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join