It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Who would that be?

Yeah! who would that be

I suspect the same - I think?

The SWEDES! I knew it...

edit on 5-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

Ya right!

The Swedes with some some assistance from the Eskimos

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Wrong, wrong, and wrong...

It's the Australian Aborigines.

Fear the boomerang warrior's Jihad.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Dude, don't you ever sleep? lol!

No my friend, seriously! it would probably be a joint operation with the Orthodox Aborigines & activists from the Eskimo's Liberation Front working in tandem.

They have a deep rich history of doing stuff like this together!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Sleeping is for mere mortals.. Your assumptions are all incorrect, but valid nonetheless.

I am very rested, and must go now.

It may all seem like fun and games now, but that will all change soon I'm afraid, until then, enjoy the speculation and "conspiracy theater" but don't miss the truth along the way.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"The soldiers of Islam, groups and individuals, will continue planning without tiredness or boredom, and without despair or surrender, and without weakness or stagnancy, until they cause the disaster that makes children look like the elderly!"
www.cnn.com...

This one statement in the entire article stopped me in my tracks. This does not seem like the normal threats from al qaeda. This seems to have a very specific meaning and a large black cloud surrounding it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think we need to stop and analyze what we do know and what we don't know.

The first thing that comes to my mind as a known is the fact that the downed helicopter wasn't part of the plan... whatever the plan was, it most likely didn't involve that SNAFU. I would think that most of us could agree on that.

Barring that copter going down, they could've said whatever they wanted to and there would be probably be no witnesses held by another nation to speak up about it.

We can all agree that it's not a good thing that we had to leave our best technology laying behind for someone to reverse engineer. Whatever the plan was, it almost certainly didn't count on this happening.

Like building 7 was to 9-11, I believe this will be one of the biggest tells in this story.

If the copter wasn't part of the plan, then it is also logical that the wife and daughter ending up being in Pakistani hands is also probably not part of the plan. Their testimony, (as thus far released), indicates that Usama was indeed alive and that he was there. This is a hard pill to swallow for us who believed that Usama died long ago, of which I am one... but like it or not, that's what it undeniably adds up to.

Surely, if the Pakistanis could use the wife and daughter to say that Usama didn't actually live there right under their noses, they most certainly would, but they haven't.

And so, we must go on from there... establishing what makes sense and what doesn't make sense using what we know, moreso than what we don't know.

That being said, the Indian news is alive with the US government suing for possesion of the witnesses... and with the Pakistani lobbyist suing for continued US aid to Pakistan. No doubt, India has a real interest in fanning the flames in this situation... but I've got to believe that indeed, our government does severly want possesion of those witnesses and that Pakistan severly wants the moneyflow to continue. So, I gotta believe there is basis to accept the Indian stories, though still considering the interest of the source. Thus, I see a deal being made between US and Pakistan... witnesses will end up in our possesion, (or dead)... and Pakistan will continue recieving aid. Barring the deal falling through and a possible war breaking out. India has an interest in this happening and therefore will probably do what they can to sour the deal.

That's my thinking anyway... for what it's worth.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

What about the People's Front of Judea - they could certainly be involved as well!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I just bought that movie on Easter. Very funny scene. Maybe the Judean People's Front?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am probably going to catch a lot of heat on this and probably make a few more enemies, but I am beginning to question how much praise this particular Navy Seal team really deserves.

They raided a private residence in the middle of the night and killed a bunch of unarmed people. including at least 1 woman, depending on what version of the official story you believe.
They captured Osama Bin Laden, but then apparently, executed him right in front of his wife and 12 year old daughter. The woman rushing the Seals was probably trying to protect her child.

They also crashed a top secret stealth helicopter and left the wreckage for our enemies to backward engineer.

In an earlier post I heaped lots of praise on the Seals, and I don't deny that entering a home in the middle of the night, not knowing for sure what kind of resistance you will find, takes a certain level of courage. But the current version of what really happened had left a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't doubt their skill, bravery, training, or ability to follow orders, but it leaves me wondering just how worthy of praise they really are, regarding this particular mission.

edit on 5/6/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

edit on 5/6/2011 by Sparky63 because: spelling

edit on 5/6/2011 by Sparky63 because: Spelling...always spelling! *&^&%$#%$@

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When your trained that hard, and your skill is that high, no wonder it only took a few minutes, no one had guns, no one put up a fight. The wife being the biggest threat.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
WOW..now they are showing OBL's final gas bill??????

They are desperately trying to convince us that things happened as they said.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieRay

If the copter wasn't part of the plan, then it is also logical that the wife and daughter ending up being in Pakistani hands is also probably not part of the plan. Their testimony, (as thus far released), indicates that Usama was indeed alive and that he was there. This is a hard pill to swallow for us who believed that Usama died long ago, of which I am one... but like it or not, that's what it undeniably adds up to.

What a rare and welcome post.....a person that actually changes his mind and admits that he may have been wrong in his past conclusion.

That is such a rare happening on ATS. Most people here will never change their mind, or admit their error, regardless of any evidence presented to them.

Congratulations, CharlieRay, Star for you.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlieRay
Like building 7 was to 9-11, I believe this will be one of the biggest tells in this story.

I'm pretty much right there with you.
As bldg 7 was to 9/11... I also thought for sure that he was dead long ago and the govt was "keeping him alive" to use as a scare tactic. But it's pretty clear to me now that I was wrong in that belief. Regardless of ANY of the details of May 1, which may never be known, I believe OBL was killed by US forces that night. And the rest of the details don't really matter to me. I am aware that the gov't isn't truthful with us. I don't need to prove or disprove that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So al qeada confirmed his death. There goes that conspiracy.

Also I would be surprised if they hadn't threatened us more

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by Aggie Man

So a a branch of the CIA confirms the story the CIA made up. Big deal.
What al-cia-da? Well now we have even more interesting turn of events,the seals now have removed 2 buffalos,a cow,150 chickens and the computer hard drive...what?exactly how big was that chopper??
rt.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by Aggie Man

So a a branch of the CIA confirms the story the CIA made up. Big deal.
What al-cia-da? Well now we have even more interesting turn of events,the seals now have removed 2 buffalos,a cow,150 chickens and the computer hard drive...what?exactly how big was that chopper??
rt.com...

Security officials apparently did not recover any arms or explosives following an all-encompassing search of the compound. They did however remove two buffalos, a cow and roughly 150 chickens in addition to computer hard drives, DVDs and an array of documents.

Security officials, as in Pakistani security officials.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by naraku
So al qeada confirmed his death. There goes that conspiracy.

Also I would be surprised if they hadn't threatened us more

Obama successfully assassinated Osama. OK, lets move on and get the number 2 guy
at Al Qaeda.
---------------------------------------------
That's why we are hearing so many, many stories of what happened.
The White House doesn't want to admit that they assassinated Osama bin Laden.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Security officials apparently did not recover any arms or explosives following an all-encompassing search of the compound. They did however remove two buffalos, a cow and roughly 150 chickens in addition to computer hard drives, DVDs and an array of documents.

Security officials, as in Pakistani security officials.

Doesn't the Fact (if it is actual fact) that there was no armed protection - - - indicate OBL believed he was protected and untouchable?

The only real Lie that has stood out for me in all this is - - the Pakistan government denying they knew OBL was there.

The way I look at this is - you have a mastermind intelligence and fund raiser for terrorist activity - - living freely in a high walled compound - - with a "hands off" government.

Whether OBL was directly involved in any actual attack is irrelevant. He was obviously (IMO) involved on a higher level.

Ever been in a group with a dynamic leader - - then the leader leaves and the group falls apart? Yeah - you have to eliminate the leader.

I believe this was a real message to Pakistan. Harboring a terrorist leader will not be tolerated.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here we go. They've finally come up with a cute name for anybody who doesn't believe the official story...

With "birthers" mostly silent, "deathers" are now pushing a new conspiracy theory.

The release of President Obama's birth certificate last week apparently tamped down -- to a large degree -- skeptics who questioned whether he could legally serve as president because they said he wasn't a natural-born citizen. Now, a surprisingly diverse crop of people are questioning whether Osama bin Laden is actually dead.

Oh, but I thought the release of the BC did nothing to satisfy those who made up their minds. Apparently, according to the MSM, that's not true. So, I guess we could expect the release of the photos to tamp down -- to a large degree -- skeptics who question that they killed OBL that night, contrary to what so many are saying.

One expert on conspiracy theories said that such wide, diverse claims have one common element: They often come from the political "fright wing."

"Your conspiracy theories tend to proliferate on the extreme edges of the political spectrum," said John Avlon, a CNN contributor and author of "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America."

"Unfortunately, you're going to have people who -- especially in today's politics and especially with the amplification that the Internet provides -- will embrace conspiracy theories on almost anything."

And Avlon said such people often share a common trait.

"They come up with these ornate explanations, alternate explanations, for how events occur, like JFK's assassination, in order to keep their own psychology in place. 'Nineteen guys could not have brought down the twin towers. It had to be a government conspiracy,' they say to themselves. Otherwise, the world becomes really scary and unpredictable and unstable for them."

"While it's entirely predictable that certain Osama bin Laden conspiracy theories would proliferate in the Middle East, because of some people who have a creative interest in those rumors ... the fact that such (bin Laden) conspiracy theories are anywhere in the American political spectrum is a little surprising and a lot pathetic," Avlon added.
edition.cnn.com...

So, there it is. According to their "expert on conspiracy theories", anybody who doesn't just swallow what their fed, is frightened...and sees a boogey man around every corner. The world is very scary and unpredictable, for anybody who doesn't put blind faith in the government. Okay. Seems to me, the opposite would be true. But whatever, this is their tactic to try and shame us into not questioning the official story. PHOTOS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I'll go back into my closet, and shiver with fright now.

One interesting note, if you read the viewer comments below...you'll see actual calls for the death of those who don't believe the official story, and comments that anybody who questions it doesn't deserve free speech. No joke. That's where we are now, folks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Your post (bold mine)...

They were tried in Iraqi courts and the Iraqi provincial government released those photos.

You want to nit pick, we can nit pick...now you backtrack...

I am not much for backtracking or BS...I'll concede I read the post hastily and responded hastily as well...you were correct with the exception of Saddam.

Blame the old administration, as if there's any real difference. If they had photos, they would have released them.

Disagree..plenty different between Pres. B and Pres. O ...just ask the GOP

interesting story of the release of the Zarqawi Post-Mortem here...sums up the debate well.
www.cbsnews.com...

That article seems to make a pretty good case for why the photos should be released...
I don't see much real argument in that article for not releasing them.

Thanks for reading it...it was relatively nuetral, but this interested me...

Of course, we Americans haven't always reacted with such glee when it comes to such images. When dead American soldiers were dragged and paraded through the streets of Mogadishu, kicked and nearly torn apart, our military and leadership recoiled with horror. The 1993 episode, part of the "Black Hawk Down" misadventure in Somalia, drew rebukes like this from Senator Trent Lott: "Americans have no desire to see their men and women degraded, killed and defiled by lawless infidels who drag the bodies of Americans through the streets to be kicked and spat upon."

Interesting choice of words – "infidels" – considering current events. Similar outrage was given voice during the first Gulf War, when Saddam Hussein began parading U.S. POWs in front of the cameras, leading then-President George H.W. Bush to call it a "direct violation" of the Geneva Conventions and claim: "America is angry about this, and I think the rest of the world is." In this war, we're not even allowed to see pictures of flag-draped coffins returning from Iraq. One wonders what the reaction would be if the dead body of an American general one day ended up on an endless Al Jazeera loop.

new topics

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join