It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
There is NO denial of the fact no man woman is safe on our planet and the Muslim population hates all of us who not with them.

Wow, this is who we are now? Ignorant, barbaric, and bigoted?

edit on 5-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is just a thought, only speculation: Maybe THEY can’t release the body because OBL’s SKULL has been at Yale “Skull and Bones” (S&B) CRYPT for years along with Geronomo’s skull, Sadam Husein’s skull, Hitler’s skull, JFK’s skull, etc, etc. It’s part of what S&B does; THEY collect SKULLS. Get it!

Or THEY were there on May First to ceremonially collect the Head of OBL to finish up his last bit of usefulness to THEM as an asset.

When the navy seals called in their success, they used the coded-words “Geronimo KIA”
They used the coded-words “Geronimo KIA”
One more time, they used the coded-words “Geronimo KIA”.

Also, right after 911, S&B Bush was heard saying that he wanted “OBL’s head (skull) on a platter”.

Just a thought, that’s all. Don’t mean to throw more gasoline onto to the conspiratorial flames (okay, maybe I do).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by maybereal11

reply to post by maybereal11

That sounds just like the talking points being used by our government. Again, doesn't that mean the extremists win? When our decisions are made based on what will, or won't piss them off because we're afraid of them?

Nope...You are asking the wrong question....Why not to release pics and video...the question is Why? To what end?

Another government talking point, I'm afraid.

I will be direct...that is weak and dishonest debate...if you are unable to respond on the merits of a post please do not resort to that garbage...do I accuse you of echoing Al-Qaeda Propaganda?

The first amendment, and the accountability of our government, ......

Now you are talking law, not ethics and again dodging my point. File a FOIA request..

maybereal11:
Becuase there is a measure of indecency involved...it has to do with US...not them. We don't parade bodies. If your answer is that it will quell the conspiracy theorists...we all know that is not true.

BS. We paraded the bodies of Hussein, his sons, as well as Zarqawi, by releasing the photos to prove they were in fact dead.

They were tried in Iraqi courts and the Iraqi provincial government released those photos.

Nobody, but the most hard headed CT'ers disputed those photos. It WILL satisfy those of us who are on the fence.

If photographs would satisfy CTers where other stronger evidence and testimony would not then we have a sad collection of CTers. Of the evidence and testimony available, photographs are the most easily faked. It is the Long Form debate all over again IMO....they would look at the photos and immediately find something obscure and irrelevant to harp on, ideally something technical enough where they could rely on recruiting folks that do not understand the engineering behind digital photography into being believers. Those that are familiar with the technical nuances would come forward and explain the BS of the claims...and they would be ignored.
It is predictable and the idea that you claim pics would satisfy conspiracy theorists rather than fuel them is frankly ridiculous.
edit on 5-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Has anyone on this thread checked out Dr Judy Wood's new very well researched (albeit very technical) book, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TOWERS ?

In it, she (as a trained materials expert with a Ph.D. in the subject) examined the footage of the 'collapsing' Twin Towers and Bldg 4 and Bldg 7 etc. which she said 'dustified in mid air at the molecular level' i.e. turned to a kind of powder BEFORE they descended- so that very very very very little material wreckage (aside from powder, which was cool to the touch) was seen at the bottom of the buildings and NO accountable 'seismic' wave seems to have occured when the Big Two (ahem) 'collapsed' - with each weighing more than 500 tonnes !

Even the 'bathtub' wall in the Twin Tower Foundations which are built deep into the Hudson River was not affected a bit by them -

She posits a kind of US Military Scalar Microwave ('Free Engergy at a Distance') Type Weapon technology from the Archives of the Tesla Technology variety - since metal (e.g. steel and aluminium) typically do not 'dustify' in mid air ...

QUICK BIO on Dr Judy Wood (aka The Woman Who Just Won't Go Away)

Judy D. Wood is a former professor of mechanical engineering with research interests in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, optical methods, deformation analysis, and the materials characterization of biomaterials and composite materials. She is a member of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), co-founded SEM’s Biological Systems and Materials Division, and has served on the SEM Composite Materials Technical Division.

Dr. Wood received her degrees viz.:

B.S. (Civil Engineering, 1981) (Structural Engineering),
M.S. (Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983), and
Ph.D. (Materials Engineering Science, 1992) from the Department of Engineering Science & Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State Univ in Blacksburg, VA

Her Dissertation involved the development of an experimental method to measure thermal stresses in bi-material joints.

She has taught courses including

Experimental Stress Analysis,
Engineering Mechanics,
Mechanics of Materials (Strength of Materials)
Strength of Materials Testing

File this under Things That Make You REALLY go Hmmmmmmm !!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Has anyone on this thread checked out Dr Judy Wood's new very well researched (albeit very technical) book, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TOWERS ?

Yep...and it is only $39.95 on Amazon.com!!! Buy now!!

Her next book...How I made a fortune off of 9-11!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

do I accuse you of echoing Al-Qaeda Propaganda?

If I've been echoing AQ propaganda, PLEASE, by all means...point it out. You have been echoing every talking point that's come from the White House press secretary, I'm not being dishonest in any way.

Now you are talking law, not ethics and again dodging my point. File a FOIA request..

There were no "ethics" in this operation.

They were tried in Iraqi courts and the Iraqi provincial government released those photos.

Really? Hussein's sons, and Zarqawi were tried in Iraqi courts??

Wrong. Zarqawi was killed in an airstrike, and Hussein's sons were killed in a standoff with U.S. soldiers. The government released almost immediately, and we showed all 3 of their bloated, bloody faces on the news. Even last night they showed Hussein's sons AGAIN, on the news, to show that we've done it before.

It is predictable and the idea that you claim pics would satisfy conspiracy theorists rather than fuel them is frankly ridiculous.

I love how you try and paint all "conspiracy theorists" with the same brush. Sure, some of the more hard headed would never accept pics. I don't care, they won't accept ANYTHING. But, there are many people like myself, who are on the fence, who would. Over 50% of Americans want them released, and if they exist, they WILL come out. Whether they are released, or leaked. If they exist.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Hi MayBeReal -

Actually in all seriousness folks, you should have heard her being interviewed on Coast to Coast the other day - she was (how can I put it) the Real Deal - and did not seem to be a money grubber (unlike 80% of George N's other writer guests who use his show just to plug their normally inane book-garbage)

This one is a must read - and the fact that Clemson University was ordered by 'certain higher ups' in the US govt to let her go should tell you something...she is very much ON to something TOO BIG for Prime Time !

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

do I accuse you of echoing Al-Qaeda Propaganda?

If I've been echoing AQ propaganda, PLEASE, by all means...point it out. You have been echoing every talking point that's come from the White House press secretary, I'm not being dishonest in any way.

Haven't ben watching the press conferences...so don't know what to tell you beyond I have no interest debating something with you if that is the tactic.

Get to the rest in next post.

]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Really? Hussein's sons, and Zarqawi were tried in Iraqi courts??

Slow down...be honest...your post..

We paraded the bodies of Hussein, his sons, as well as Zarqawi, by releasing the photos to prove they were in fact dead.

Yes. Hussein was tried in an Iraqi court..

Onto the others....Zarqawi? Killed in 2006...Uday and Qusay Hussien?...yes, US Military released photos...Different administration...Ask Rumsfield about it...I would rather we hadn't then and am glad we aren't now.

interesting story of the release of the Zarqawi Post-Mortem here...sums up the debate well.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ATTENTION...

Please stick to the issue at hand and refrain from personally attacking, talking smack, throwing raspberries, etc. your fellow members.

Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

Adherence to this simple request is expected. Consider this fair warning.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So, newest info being reported...only one person in the compound was armed, and was killed quickly. All other men in the compound were not armed, but shot and killed. Bin Laden had no weapons on, or near him, and was in his room with his wife, and small children. Navy SEALs had no tape measurer, so one laid down next to him to verify that he was tall? Then they took off with his body...

What happened to the intense firefight, AT ALL. Wasn't that what the administration said they were watching for 40 minutes?
This is what I have a hard time believing,this dangerous,scary evil terrorist unarmed?? If he was alive and wanted by the U.S wouldn't he have been armed to the teeth?At least have plenty of armed men around him,no?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Slow down...be honest...your post..

We paraded the bodies of Hussein, his sons, as well as Zarqawi, by releasing the photos to prove they were in fact dead.

Yes. Hussein was tried in an Iraqi court..

Your post (bold mine)...

You want to nit pick, we can nit pick...now you backtrack...

Onto the others....Zarqawi? Killed in 2006...Uday and Qusay Hussien?...yes, US Military released photos...Different administration...Ask Rumsfield about it...I would rather we hadn't then and am glad we aren't now.

Had to do some Googling, eh? Then had to scramble to come up with an opinion real quick that supports your position. Blame the old administration, as if there's any real difference. If they had photos, they would have released them.

interesting story of the release of the Zarqawi Post-Mortem here...sums up the debate well.
www.cbsnews.com...

That article seems to make a pretty good case for why the photos should be released...

When his sons, Uday and Qusay, were killed in a firefight some months earlier, graphic pictures of their bullet-ridden bodies were available to nearly every man, woman and child in the world. The reason then, as is likely the reason for releasing the Zarqawi pictures now, was believability.

I don't see much real argument in that article for not releasing them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

I'm with you on that. The sea burial video should be a no-brainer.

I'm also interested in the body washing... I'm imagining who would have done it and how they would have done it... and if it was filmed as well... I doubt they'll show that video if there is one.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Exactly, I'm wondering why the initial reports were that they (Obama and crew) watched the "firefight", when now, there was no firefight, just one dude that managed to get off a round or two, before the SEALs nailed him. Then, they killed all unarmed adult males in the compound, even ones that weren't wanted dead or alive.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good breakdown of what we've witnessed so far...

Okay, what do we have here:

1) There was a firefight.
2) There was no firefight.
3) Bin Laden was “resisting.”
4) Bin Laden wasn’t armed. (Makes the concept of “resisting” interesting.)
[4.a) And the newest one: the SEALS thought bin Laden was reaching for a weapon.]
5) He used his wife as a shield.
6) His wife was killed too.
7) He didn’t use his wife as a shield. She ran at a SEAL who shot her in the leg, but she’s fine.
8 ) Some other woman — the maid? — was used as a shield. By somebody. Downstairs.
9) That other woman — downstairs — was killed.
10) Maybe not. She was killed unless she wasn’t — and who was she, anyway?
11) Bin Laden’s son was killed.
12) Unless it was some other guy.
13) Bin Laden’s daughter saw him get killed. She’s undoubtedly traumatized, poor dear.
14) They were going to capture Bin Laden until the problem with the helicopter, which was:

A) It had mechanical trouble
B) It did a hard landing
C) It crashed
D) It clipped a wall with a tail rotor, effectively a crash

15.) They were never going to try to capture him; it was always a kill mission.
16.) No, it wasn’t.
17) The chopper blew up.
18) The SEALs blew it up.
19.) Panetta said yesterday the world needed proof and the photo would be released.
20.) Obama said today in an interview he taped with Steve Kroft for “60 Minutes” to be broadcast Sunday that it won’t be released. It’s too gruesome, would offend Muslim sensibilities (something he worries about a lot — I personally do not give a warm fart on a wet Wednesday about Muslim sensibilities), and how would Americans feel if Muslims released pictures of dead Americans?
21.) Kroft — who’s not a total idiot — pointed out that ever since “Black Hawk Down” days, Muslims have been doing precisely that, filming American bodies being dragged through the streets, filming Daniel Pearl’s head being cut off, filming any and everything.
22) Obama gets pissed at CBS, the tape gets cleaned up, that question disappears. (Inside info.)
23.) We got a “treasure trove” of stuff from hard drives, etc.
24.) There were no phone lines, and no internet access at the “mansion,” they didn’t even have TV — what “treasure trove?”
25.) There is obviously in the pictures of the place a large satellite dish. I guess they used it for making salads.
26.) And now, just today: apparently the idea was to capture him, but only if he was naked. There was a suspicion he might be wearing a suicide bomber type explosive vest, or belt. So if he’s not naked and you can’t see if he has a vest on or not – shoot him.

The idiot Carney — they actually managed to find someone who makes Gibbs look good — is currently twisting himself into knots trying to explain why the photograph that the whole world was expecting isn’t going to be released. (Obviously the thing to do is get Trump on the case, he’ll force Obama to release it.)
www.bookwormroom.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Watching Michael Moore on Piers Morgan...he says Obama has "earned his trust", and he doesn't question that he's telling the truth, so doesn't feel the pictures need to be released. If it were Bush though, he says he wouldn't trust him.

Now he's saying the story has changed so much, and Obama isn't telling the truth that it was an assassination. Make up your mind Moore. He's also saying that we're not acting like Americans, not willing to give him a trial.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The details of Bin Laden's death are being changed so much, a friend of mine (who is a die-hard conspiracy debunker) is saying the official story is b.s.

I don't think the public will ever know exactly how things went down in that compound.

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join