It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

I think that the best way we will ever have of knowing what really happened will be because that helicopter went down. That was not part of the plan and thus will the truth and lies be revealed.

It separates their stories and gives the contrast with which to see the situation.

I have questions...

I think it's very important to find out what happened to the sons?... reports are conflicting... daughter said one taken... US says not taken... dead picture says it's older son, Khalid... Hazma, the younger son, (a poet of sorts I gather)... was apparently taken away?... or what?

Where was Usama?... first floor?... second floor?... I read one report that said he was dragged upstairs.

Did I read that they threw a grenade?... a flash grenade?

I've a lot more questions,,, but have other things to do.

Thanks for any help in seeing the truth of this.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieRay

Another question...

Apparently they filmed the sea burial... did they film the washing of the body as well?.. who washed it?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by dragonseeker

I also wondered why GWB declined Obama's inventation to ground zero today......

A thought crossed my mind when I heard that he had declined. No doubt at all that the Bush family know exactly what went down. They've seen the mess the White House are making of this. They may also see with that inside information the deeper hole that the Obama administration could dig themselves into and George Jr maybe thought to himself, you know what, thanks but no thanks, you work away big guy.

I have very little regard for Messers Cheney and Rumsfeld but I'll give them this. If this yarn is bs and they had been the people who were making up the script, appearing in front of the press to tell the story they would have done a hell of a lot better. I've no doubt that when this all settles down a bit that you will see a few publicly visible positions re filled.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anybody notice how the media is blurring the lines between the Taliban, Bin Laden sympathizers/ extremists...and "conspiracy theorists"? They're basically trying to create the feeling that anybody who doesn't believe the U.S. government's story, is on the side of the Islamic extremists...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnGeeTee

reply to post by dragonseeker

I also wondered why GWB declined Obama's inventation to ground zero today......

A thought crossed my mind when I heard that he had declined. No doubt at all that the Bush family know exactly what went down. They've seen the mess the White House are making of this. They may also see with that inside information the deeper hole that the Obama administration could dig themselves into and George Jr maybe thought to himself, you know what, thanks but no thanks, you work away big guy.

I have very little regard for Messers Cheney and Rumsfeld but I'll give them this. If this yarn is bs and they had been the people who were making up the script, appearing in front of the press to tell the story they would have done a hell of a lot better. I've no doubt that when this all settles down a bit that you will see a few publicly visible positions re filled.

Yep!

Like you said, GWB knows that this administration is 'f'in their story up big time, and he doesn't want to be caught up in the lies ( like a reporter asking him a question that they haven't rehearsed an answer for)...

I tell ya, this is better than the soaps and my Lifetime Movies...

My question is, What are they going to do when the house of cards start falling down??

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlieRay
reply to post by CharlieRay

Another question...

Apparently they filmed the sea burial... did they film the washing of the body as well?.. who washed it?

Link? Source?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

source that the burial ceremony which lasted 40min was filmed...

daily.bhaskar.com...

www.ecanadanow.com...

So they wont show the OBL bloody face ripped off pic because it may piss off Islam...so how about they just release ALL of the burial ceremony as this would show they gave the body the proper burial it allegedly deserved and received? Surely no one could be mad at that!

edit on 5-5-2011 by IamMe14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by IamMe14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Anybody notice how the media is blurring the lines between the Taliban, Bin Laden sympathizers/ extremists...and "conspiracy theorists"? They're basically trying to create the feeling that anybody who doesn't believe the U.S. government's story, is on the side of the Islamic extremists...

"Either you are with us. Or you are with the terrorists."

Just a quote that comes to mind reading that.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

Thanks for that.

I am still of a mind that niether photgraphs nor video of his corpse or burial should be released as they would serve no pupose beyond morbid curiosity and potential recruitment material for terrorists.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

My question is, What are they going to do when the house of cards start falling down??

It's already started. They're just gonna keep using their media mouthpieces to compare anybody who questions the government with the Taliban. Same tactics the "left" was so quick to call foul on when Bush used them. Now, maybe it will become more clear there is NO difference, the 2 party scam is exactly that...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That sounds just like the talking points being used by our government. Again, doesn't that mean the extremists win? When our decisions are made based on what will, or won't piss them off because we're afraid of them?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnGeeTee

Exactly. Works every time, huh?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So, newest info being reported...only one person in the compound was armed, and was killed quickly. All other men in the compound were not armed, but shot and killed. Bin Laden had no weapons on, or near him, and was in his room with his wife, and small children. Navy SEALs had no tape measurer, so one laid down next to him to verify that he was tall? Then they took off with his body...

What happened to the intense firefight, AT ALL. Wasn't that what the administration said they were watching for 40 minutes?
edit on 5-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That sounds just like the talking points being used by our government. Again, doesn't that mean the extremists win? When our decisions are made based on what will, or won't piss them off because we're afraid of them?

Nope...You are asking the wrong question....Why not to release pics and video...the question is Why? To what end? Becuase there is a measure of indecency involved...it has to do with US...not them. We don't parade bodies. If your answer is that it will quell the conspiracy theorists...we all know that is not true.

So the question remains why? Why release the pictures? It lessens us as a country...Al-Qaeda sends videos of executions to AL-Jazeera...US Marines have been hung from lamp posts and bridges in Somalia and Iraq...what good are those images? Do we become like those nations...touting the bloody images of our vanquished enemies?

Nope still not buying it. They aren't holding the imagery out of respect for terrorists...they are holding the imagery out of respect for who we want to be as a nation...and I am ok with that.
edit on 5-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Exactly. Works every time, huh?

I know feelings about this within the States is understandably different after the events of 9/11. I remember vividly walking in to live coverage just as the second plane hit. Up until that point it was still being reported as some sort of accident. What has lingered most from that day is the total disbelief in the voice of the guy in the news studio, it was more that obvious that his brain just could not make sense of what his eyes were seeing.

What's certain is, something went down in that compound. Something happened.

Now here's the thing. My dear mother, who's 77 is the type of person who watches soap operas and while she does thinks it's real, who watches the news and takes everything she hears as gospel. Quite a few times now over the past few days she's been watching this story unfold and keeps saying that there's something not quite right here. She is by no stretch of the imagination worldly aware so for a person like that to question what she is hearing says quite a lot.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by Chevalerous
If this was a state sanctioned execution/assassination by a US President on foreign soil in a sovereign country they have certainly moved into a dangerous territory regarding the international Law & treaties.

If this was a state sanctioned execution/assassination by a US President on foreign soil in a sovereign country then Julien Assange and people like him had better start watching backs. Hell, anyone who Caesar deems an enemy of the state is fair game.

Oh yes! the irony!

Assange and his British defence Lawyers can now probably use this event to their advantage under special circumstances to establish a real very credible threat from the US to Assange's life.

The defence Lawyers can now argue that the US president is in fact very much able to send out state sanctioned execution/assassination teams to sovereign countries to eliminate whoever they want as this event has clearly shown. Which also was their worries, and this was brought forward to the Court if I remember correctly?

When Assange and his defence team earlier before Christmas argued the same worries to the British Court about the extradition case to Sweden and that Julian Assange's life were in grave danger, it was then dismissed as crazytalk and a not credible argument by the Court - because as we all know, the US we know is governed by the Rule of Law and would never do such a thing, would they? lol!

edit on 5-5-2011 by Chevalerous because: some crap'n'error.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Nope...You are asking the wrong question....Why not to release pics and video...the question is Why? To what end?

Another government talking point, I'm afraid. The first amendment, and the accountability of our government, is not dependent on what can be gained from them. Unless there is a clear and present national security threat involved in releasing information, not pure speculation, they are obligated to release that information to the public. The Supreme Court, will hopefully uphold that truth, if somebody tries to sue for their release. The precedent set that the President can withhold any information based off of nothing but speculation, is not a good one.

Becuase there is a measure of indecency involved...it has to do with US...not them. We don't parade bodies. If your answer is that it will quell the conspiracy theorists...we all know that is not true.

BS. We paraded the bodies of Hussein, his sons, as well as Zarqawi, by releasing the photos to prove they were in fact dead. And, instead of angering the Iraqis, they were relieved and there were celebrations because the men that terrorized them for so long, were in fact dead. Nobody, but the most hard headed CT'ers disputed those photos. It WILL satisfy those of us who are on the fence.

edit on 5-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, I'm an American, I remember 9/11 very vividly. That terrible day doesn't make me feel like I owe it to my government not to question anything they say. I don't understand how anybody feels that way, it makes NO sense.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well just because this is the longest running thread on the OBL death, I will place this here in honor of those who have died for truth or lie.

No matter what the truth may or may not be, the people who have suffered need something to give them peace, closure, an answer.

I think of the childless parents, the parent less children, the fallen, the dying and sick...

There is NO denial of the fact no man woman is safe on our planet and the Muslim population hates all of us who not with them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Do we become like those nations...touting the bloody images of our vanquished enemies?

We became JUST like them, executing several unarmed men in a sovereign nation, without any due process whatsoever, even though we're signatories of treaties prohibiting such actions. Releasing pictures, not as any kind of morbid victory celebration, but as verification the most wanted man in the world is dead, would be far less inflammatory than what we've already done.

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join