It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by slozo

When they stormed the beaches of Normandy do you think they worried about taking prisoners? No it was war.
The US declared war on Terror, including Al Quida. Osama might have been the head of that terror organization, but he was not a head of state. The US was under no legal compulsion to treat him any differently than any other hostile soldier on the battlefield. As far as honoring Pakistan's sovereignty....they lost any rights when they harbored Osama and protected him.

I am no war monger but I do understand military justice.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Story about the OBL wife who was with him: abcnews.go.com...

One further thing I remember about the helicopter that "landed hard/wrong and was destroyed. Didn't initial official statement say it landed inside the compound? And weren't later videos show it burning outside? Just a question and something to stash away, because I'm on information overload at the moment.

Also, while I'm here, has anyone heard anything about the other crazy rumor that it wasn't the USN Seal who took OBL out but one of his own people because he didn't want to be captured alive? That one I just saw as a comment on some story and forgot to write down. Just an alternate theory, I suppose.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by slozo

I agree with what you're saying, but in order to be outraged one would have to believe things really went down the way they say. Many of us are having too hard a time believing it did, to really feel the outrage by the shooting of an unarmed suspect, when he could have just as easily been taken alive. Then, there would REALLY be proof they got him, he could have his day in court, and we could go from there. I can say I'm pretty disgusted by the reaction of the American public though, the partying and celebrating death, waving our flags makes us hypocrites, and no better than those we call animals for doing the same thing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
When they stormed the beaches of Normandy do you think they worried about taking prisoners? No it was war.

It's a war crime to shoot an unarmed combatant without giving them the opportunity to surrender...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

It's a war crime to shoot an unarmed combatant without giving them the opportunity to surrender...

Its over - its done - no trial - no expense of a trial.

Osama said he would never surrender.

This war crime crap is only because its Obama - - to some.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Well, not me. I voted for Obama, so you can drop that little gem. I've since decided I will NEVER vote for another republican, or democrat again. Not that our votes count anyway. So readily you accept becoming the very monster you want to fight, eh? He won. Freedom, and due process in this country is dead.
edit on 3-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So only one person magically tweeted three days ago during the night

This is an argument for debate?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well, not me. I voted for Obama, so you can drop that little gem. I've since decided I will NEVER vote for another republican, or democrat again. Not that our votes count anyway. So readily you accept becoming the very monster you want to fight, eh?

You rank on Obama consistently.

When exactly have you supported anything he has done?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yeah that never happens in war...
If the combatant is unarmed and attempts to attack...he gets shot. You assume your opponent is armed unless you have prior knowledge that he is not. Whether Osama resisted to the point of posing a danger to Seals remains to be seen. If I was a Soldier and he so much as twitched I would have probably emptied my whole clip into him. It isn't like he was just a cook or an accountant.

I have no sympathy for Osama.....live by the sword, die by the sword. I have no problem if it truly went down the way the administration says it did.

If any of this really happened........I am still on the fence.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I rank on career politicians, I voted for and gave Obama a chance to prove he was different. He failed. He's no different than Bush. Go ahead, my comments are all recorded here since 2004, look back when Bush was in office, see my comments about him.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So only one person magically tweeted three days ago during the night

This is an argument for debate?

you could say that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
For those asking about the pictures, it was said on the news when the story broke that some Arab news channels did have photos and American news networks were trying to get their hands on them but they hadn't been able to yet (and added that they probably would never appear on TV anyway due to how graphic they are).

EDIT: They just said on the news that the CIA did take photos but haven't decided if they want to release them or not.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

The US troops had helmet cameras, the whole episode should be on video. Maybe they can not show us the video for 'security reasons'?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I don't know what to make of your position, honestly. You claim to not believe everything the government tells you, but go on to say that if an unarmed Bin Laden twitched wrong, being a highly trained SEAL, you would empty a clip in him, not caring if the government was using him as a scapegoat or not. Not giving him a fair trial like any human being deserves, to present their side of the story, and refute any evidence the government presents. Nope, you'd just fill him full of lead. I'm pretty ashamed to be a part of this supposedly civilized nation at this point...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Interesting video recreation from CBS News tonight.

www.cbsnews.com...

Talks about the helicopters. Shows the disabled one landing inside the compound. I assume they recreated this close to the White House accounts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by slozo

I agree with what you're saying, but in order to be outraged one would have to believe things really went down the way they say. Many of us are having too hard a time believing it did, to really feel the outrage by the shooting of an unarmed suspect, when he could have just as easily been taken alive. Then, there would REALLY be proof they got him, he could have his day in court, and we could go from there. I can say I'm pretty disgusted by the reaction of the American public though, the partying and celebrating death, waving our flags makes us hypocrites, and no better than those we call animals for doing the same thing.

Pretty sure we've been through this, but being happy that thousands of innocent civilians are killed - and being happy that the mastermind of their deaths is killed are two entirely different things.

Are you honestly suggesting that they're AT ALL the same?

Whether you think OBL is responsible for 9/11 or not does not matter. The Americans celebrating believe he was, so that's all that is pertinent - especially since you're trying to compare middle easterners celebrating 9/11 to Americans celebrating OBL's death.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tosskey
I agree they are on the hook to present SOME evidence, since they decided to capture him dead or alive. If nothing is released within a month, then I will be with you arguing for more evidence. But after 48 hours?

Like I said, I'm beside myself that they would get rid of Osama Bin Laden's body in a matter of hours, before any kind of investigation or autopsy could be done. It's gonna be hard to get past that, but we'll see what they present in the coming days...

Autopsy? This isn't a criminal case in civilian court.

Its a war, and they don't pick up enemy combatants and check off the form "yep, we shot him in the head just like we thought."

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well, supposedly he 'resisted' in some way. Perhaps in a way that prompted the Seals to feel threatened and fire.

I honestly think taking OBL alive was a top priority, BUT I think no US casualties was even higher. I'm sure there was A LOT of pressure for nothing to go wrong, no one to get hurt. They didn't want this to be another huge military and political mess up like Mogadishu or Iran.

Remember, this is BY FAR the biggest lead we had on his location since 2001. I'm sure taking him alive was preferable, but considering how long we've been chasing him - taking him dead was more than acceptable.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Autopsy? This isn't a criminal case in civilian court.

Its a war, and they don't pick up enemy combatants and check off the form "yep, we shot him in the head just like we thought."

Lol. I keep chuckling when people exclaim their disappointment that the DNA test can't be independently verified anymore since he has been buried at sea. As if that would ever happen anyways.

Geronimo EKIA!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tosskey
Pretty sure we've been through this, but being happy that thousands of innocent civilians are killed - and being happy that the mastermind of their deaths is killed are two entirely different things.

Oh yeah? How many thousands of innocent people do you think we've killed in our pursuit of Bin Laden? You know, "collateral damage"? I know, to many in this country, only Americans are people. There was no due process here, there was no PROOF presented that he was the mastermind behind 9/11, besides what we've been told. Either way, there is no reason to celebrate, and party about death. Regardless. Because this ENTIRE situation has caused the deaths of thousands and thousands of innocent people, all over the world. Women, children, etc. all killed not only by suicide bombers, but U.S. bombs as well. Who cares though, right? As long as they get the intended target, what's a few children lost in the fire? A necessary evil, I know. Karma is a bitch.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Moved to other thread about helicopters. Sorry.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join