It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tosskey

Originally posted by Earlobe
I read a news article today that said only computer equipment was taken from the compound. No people. No prisoners taken.
Really?
Do you really think they were going to leave people behind who may have information about future terror attacks???

They didn't have enough room to take anyone, considering they have to abandon a helicopter. Everyone else was detained by Pakistan forces, though.

If he is alive...so what? He's basically dead to the world, regardless. He'll never be free. He's either living in a pineapple under the sea, or is in some CIA compound, being tortured for the rest of his life.

reply to post by Tosskey

According to the ever-changing official story.

BUT what if they had pleeeenty of back up transport at the ready. They didn't go in there bare bones. And there was no way they were going to risk having to leave stuff behind for lack of transport room. There was a freakin flying moving van with that team, bet on it.

The downed chopper could be a part of the smoke screen as well: "oh yeah there was a real risky moment there", just to make it seem like they barely made it out without encountering Pakistani authorities.

AND on that note, if the surviving inhabitants of the compound were left with Pakistani authorities... just when exactly were they turned over to those authorities, since according to the story US forces never encountered local authorities?

The downed chopper could be a staged fumble. After all, no one was hurt.

They took everything and everyONE that they could back across the border with them.

Can you imagine... "well sorry commander we ran outta room and had to leave a few computers back there... oh yeah, AND all the people that Osama has been living with and talking to every day for the last 5 years that he's been holed up there. We left them too".
There's no way that happened.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Earlobe because: (trying to add the quote I was responding to. Like I said... this is my first time posting)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
twitter is more reliable and real information?

i dont believe so.

Why? Because you don't want to believe it?

What exactly is Twitter anyway? It is a real time communication system.

Some guy was watching helicopters over a compound and tweeted what he saw in real time.

He did not know what it was - - until later.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
First post. Occasional reader.

What boggles my mind is that the public at large has not grasped the illegal, murderous and absolutely barbaric actions the United States has undertaken, all the while only eliciting minor squabbles from the public on why they buried him at sea, or was he dead to begin with.

1) As a foreign army, they entered another sovereign country and performed an assassination on a person.

There is no and never will be any proof offered up for a court of law, national or international, on the guilt of this OsamaBin Laden, nor will there be a tribunal or court case to determine his guilt or innocence. Instead, the US acted unilaterally and undertook what looks to be an assassination.

2) Other people, including a child reportedly, were killed during the raid that supposedly killed Osama.

The reaction of the American public? Silence on this point. I guess it was guilt by association for those poor suckers, associated to the presumed guilty before any evidence or trial guy (Osama).

3) Buried at sea immediately afterward?!?

No comment necessary - the story turns into an utter fictional tale at this point, and can only be described as lore.

So, as many here, we assumed Osama Bin Laden was probably killed, but perhaps hidden away and living a fine life in Israel, who the hell knows (his double could have been the one with the liver dialysis) - but if you bought the MSM diatribe . . . where the # are your morals? Sense of fairness, democracy, justice?

The TV advertising has all worked. Stories like this are strong indications of how powerfully the illuminati have shaped the masses in their perception management, and how easily they are told what and how to think.

It is really frightening to see how little people think about things, and how miniscule their cognitive morality is.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

-Well know a covert mission was carried out. A local in Abottobad even tweeted about it in real time.

Yeah, if you're putting on a show, you want to make it as believable as you can.

-A special helicopters with stealth characteristics was even left behind due to mechanical failure.

See above.

-We know no AQ officials have denied that he was killed, despite having a hell of a good reason to do so (I mean, if we didn't really get him, the President is going out on one hell of a limb).

Well, I believe they know he's dead, and it's still pretty early on in this. AQ doesn't have a 24 hour cable news network. We'll see who comes out and says what in the coming weeks...

I thought the government couldn't be trusted? But it's okay if it supports the conspiracy? Even if there is no proof?

It's not the government I trust, it's the course of the disease he was said to have not only by our government but by numerous other sources.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

twitter is more reliable and real information?

i dont believe so.

Why? Because you don't want to believe it?

What exactly is Twitter anyway? It is a real time communication system.

Some guy was watching helicopters over a compound and tweeted what he saw in real time.

He did not know what it was - - until later.

So only one person magically tweeted three days ago during the night at the time of the raid, what about the other local inhabitants? around the area of Abbottabad? let me guess they were all sleeping?

What exactly is Twitter anyway? It is a real time communication system. Some guy was watching helicopters over a compound and tweeted what he saw in real time.

Just one guy watching? just one? Abbottabad is one large city or town, i find that hard to believe.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have no clue if this has been mentioned anywhere. I can't seem to find anything about this story that was relayed to me by a coworker.

He said he saw a report (he thinks it was on CNN) about the locals being interviewed this week calling OBL's compound in Abbotabad by the name of the mountain in Afganistan that his cave was in and snickering? I'm not sure what the name of the mountain is...Ever White Mountain, maybe? Rumor has it, they've been calling the compound by that name for years?

If not, I'll let this go.

Also just wanted to cross-reference this thread in case some here haven't seen it. Robert Gates and David Petraeus were in Abbottabad last year, within walking distance of Bin Laden!

Make of that what you will. Weird.

edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Objectivity is required from a poster - - any poster - - to take them seriously.

Posters with tunnel vision - - like EVERYTHING about Obama is wrong - - always wrong - - no matter what - - have no objectivity - - and no credibility.

They are just repetitions of the same sound bite - - over and over and over - - different scenes/times/circumstance.

I welcome new posters with new insight - - whether I agree or not.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I had a thread on this, but it got closed, sadly. I've given sources for all of you who are suspicious on the topic.

Throughout his later years, Bin Laden had been suffering from liver and kidney problems. Though I'm not so sure about his liver [3], I do know that he was suffering kidney failure and ordered a dialysis. [1] According to some Egyptian newspaper, Bin Laden had died in December 2001 due to lung complications, and died a "natural and quiet death." His funeral was in Tora Bora, a mountain region in eastern Afghanistan. [2] One thing to mention is that he could not travel across the Middle East with nonfunctional kidneys or a bad liver. From Afghanistan to his supposable death in Islamabad, that's 308 miles direct distance, as if the world was flat. Therefore, it would be illogical to believe Obama, saying that Bin Laden was killed in Islamabad.

I believe that it is very suspicious of Obama releasing information about Bin Laden's death now. It seems like he's trying to sound all goody-good-boy after his recent birth certificate was proven fraudulent and to help himself win the election of 2012. I really don't like this guy, and I do do hope that he is not reelected for this blatant propaganda.

SOURCES:
[1] www.guardian.co.uk... (Paragraphs 8-9)
[2] www.legitgov.org...
[3] community.seattletimes.nwsource.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by catswithbigpaws because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What exactly is Twitter anyway? It is a real time communication system. Some guy was watching helicopters over a compound and tweeted what he saw in real time.

How could the guy type and yet watch it at the same time? if he was a on desktop and watching it from a window, that would be understandable but.

Your saying only one guy was watching the whole thing? yet Abbottabad is one large city i would think other people would have seen it to and they to had computers didnt they?

So how come the other citizens in Abbottabad didnt report it on Twitter?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
. . . locals being interviewed this week calling OBL's compound in Abbotabad by the name of the mountain in Afganistan that his cave was in and snickering? I'm not sure what the name of the mountain is...Ever White Mountain, maybe? Rumor has it, they've been calling the compound by that name for years?

Interesting. Did you read - - that the compound was built expressly for Osama?

That "they" (whoever they are) build the complex up and around him. Apparently - starting with one small building - - then adding on. (it sure does look like it was built that way).

Don't know where I read this. Sorry

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

How could the guy type and yet watch it at the same time? if he was a on desktop and watching it from a window, that would be understandable but.

Are you serious?

Actually - I think he said he drove up into the mountains to take a break from his IT job. Maybe - just maybe - he Twittered from a cell phone.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The same can be said about posters who believe Obama can do NO wrong, Annee. He's a false partisan, career politician. Meaning, he's a liar and a corporate puppet. It's not just Obama, it was Bush, Clinton, Big Bush, etc.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Honest question. If they DO release a photo of him dead, and a video of his funeral...will any of you even believe it to be true?

What's the measuring stick for truth? People are so willing to believe unverified claims...but will you believe actual photos and videos?

As for the Twitter thing: edition.cnn.com...

He was commenting on helicopters being in the area, which he said was quite rare.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I thought it was really weird. Hope someone else saw this. He said it was a video interview.

What I heard early on about the compound (from SkyNews on Sunday night) was that "someone" built the compound for $1.5M (an unheard of amount of money for construction in Pakistan, they said) in 2005 and that no one knew who the "someone" was. They implied, however, that some in the government knew who built it. They also said their source had proven extremely reliable in the past.

Also, did you see the thread I added? Very odd that both Gates and Petraeus were there, eh? Don't know quite what to make of this, other than maybe they already knew he was there and were scoping it out or something. Feasible since, according to reports, they knew or suspected he was there since last August.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by catswithbigpaws
I had a thread on this, but it got closed, sadly. I've given sources for all of you who are suspicious on the topic.

Throughout his later years, Bin Laden had been suffering from liver and kidney problems. Though I'm not so sure about his liver [3], I do know that he was suffering kidney failure and ordered a dialysis.

How do you know? What is your source?

As I understand it - - he did have some health issues - - but was not in need of a dialysis machine. There is the possibility that he actually got healthier by changing his diet to natural foods.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tosskey

Yes, I will believe the photo they put out, so long as it's better than the Photoshopped ones that have been floating around. So far I don't believe they killed him, but a picture may change my mind.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tosskey

Well, it just depends I guess. If it's a pretty clear picture and video, I would be more inclined to believe this story. But, it's pretty hard to get past them getting rid of the body within hours, that's very hard to swallow.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What's the measuring stick for truth? People are so willing to believe unverified claims...but will you believe actual photos and videos?

There doesn't seem to be any.

And threads have already started on the White House Photoshopped photos. So that answers that question.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Yeah, if you're putting on a show, you want to make it as believable as you can.

So why not just drop 32 2,000lb bombs and claim he's dead without being compelled to share any evidence because his home is now a crater?

Why go through the hassle of putting people in danger (remember, Pakistan scrambled jets).

I agree they are on the hook to present SOME evidence, since they decided to capture him dead or alive. If nothing is released within a month, then I will be with you arguing for more evidence. But after 48 hours?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I agree they are on the hook to present SOME evidence, since they decided to capture him dead or alive. If nothing is released within a month, then I will be with you arguing for more evidence. But after 48 hours?

Like I said, I'm beside myself that they would get rid of Osama Bin Laden's body in a matter of hours, before any kind of investigation or autopsy could be done. It's gonna be hard to get past that, but we'll see what they present in the coming days...

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join