It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
did anyone hear Rep King said?he doesn't want any conspiracy theories on the photos, it was live on CNN.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Ah, so they were killing an ideology

Shame it didn't work.
Shame they couldn't have done it sooner & saved a million deaths.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
did anyone hear Rep King said?he doesn't want any conspiracy theories on the photos, it was live on CNN.

LOL. Yeah, I saw that. I think that ship already sailed. This whole thing stinks more and more each passing minute...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by doobiefillin

THanks.....Here is the correct link. www.dailymail.co.uk...

I had too many windows opened...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Good job. Trying to keep track of all these "conflicting reports" could be a full time job for a dozen or more people,eh?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Didn't hear it, but if that is indeed what he said and what he meant (rolls eyes) then too bad and so sad for him. Skepticism is wise in this day and age. But, see, we're all supposed to bow to the government and believe and parrot hatever we're told,

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

Exactly.
Those are the questions we should be asking.
Lucky they had a spare chopper in the area (well, you would, wouldn't you?)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

True. I am going to hold of on commenting for a while until more info is released. Maybe the administration wants us all to be dazed and confused. It's like the old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS".
I think we are all getting jerked around by the PTB. Maybe they are hoping Al Quida will be just as confused. Maybe they are preparing for some shock & awe in the next few days. The timing would certainly be right.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Another point of confusion...two choppers...four choppers...chinooks, apaches, black hawks...crashed...had a hard landing and was blown up. Okay. Not that it matters all that much or that we need to know, but just to add to my list of examples from earlier.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One thing about the official story that makes no sense to me is the helicopters. Before I go into detail I'll make it clear that I have no superior knowledge about helicopters, so this is purely speculation on my part.

The official story tells us that 2 helicopters(never heard a mention of what type) flew 24 men to the compound and attempted to land inside the compound. One helicopter encountered a problem and crash landed. The helicopters we can assume had 2 pilots each, who would have stayed with the choppers ready to go, while the 24 man team began their raid. So that brings us up to 28 men total. Both helicopters most likely held 12 men each plus the pilots, so 14 men per chopper. They killed and captured Bin Laden's body, and at some point burned the crashed chopper, before they all boarded the remaining chopper, and left the site. What I don't understand is that it's common knowledge that helicopters are heavily affected by weight, because if they are overloaded they can't generate the lift to leave the ground and stay in the air. So we now have 28 men + a dead Bin Laden, and all the gear they took in, and whatever else they may have carried out. Wouldn't the helicopter have been too overloaded to even leave the ground? Again I have no superior knowledge of helicopters, and no one in the media has said what kind of choppers these were, or what size they were. With so little information it is my opinion, that the team couldn't have gotten off the ground carrying 29 men + gear. That in fact the raid never occurred the way they are telling us, unless they had flown in another chopper, which again they haven't told us.

Thoughts?

Anyone have any kind of knowledge that could disprove my speculation?
edit on 3-5-2011 by HalLangerhans because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by HalLangerhans because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
People need to stop accepting unverified, and unofficial accounts from unverified sources as fact.

Of course the media is scrambling to get any info they can, they want to be the first to break any details. Seems like they're being fed BS from people who don't really know what happened, and just want to get in on the media hype train.

I know not many people will believe the government regardless, but you should atleast disregard unverified reports instead of thinking they prove a conspiracy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tosskey
People need to stop accepting unverified, and unofficial accounts from unverified sources as fact.

Of course the media is scrambling to get any info they can, they want to be the first to break any details. Seems like they're being fed BS from people who don't really know what happened, and just want to get in on the media hype train.

I know not many people will believe the government regardless, but you should atleast disregard unverified reports instead of thinking they prove a conspiracy.

exactly, the media is trying to get info and feeds it when it does...there isn't any point speculating then making conspiracy from speculation and as for adding fake pics and videos.....seriously, if people don't have anything better to do than believing their own nonsense and the nonsense of others for attention or enjoyment then they should rethink their ideology.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Breaking news that apparently OBL resisted capture, but was unarmed. The Whitehouse are still considering releasing photographs, but because of the nature of content have not yet confirmed release of the Photo's. Also back tracked on using his wife as a human shield.

Okay, so they continue to nanny us. Thanks Barack, please protect me from these nasty images of the nasty man!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok so Ive been away from the CPU for about 5 hours now. Let me guess there's still no official video or photos released by CIA.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

They're still reviewing.

It's only a few pages back in this thread and there's at least one (maybe two) other thread about the photo and/or videos they are debating about releasing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I know why they did this. To keep all of you occupied and arguing over whether he was responsible for 911. Well aren't we getting to the bottom of this. You people are arguing over something that really does not matter anymore. Nobody cares, he is "dead". That is the official story.

When was the last time that anyone on ATS made TPTB refute any statement they made?

You are all arguing over a moot subject. It does not matter what you think. Go back to worrying about 2012.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Thanks Barack, please protect me from these nasty images of the nasty man!!

Seriously, screw you dude.

It's likely releasing photos could result in attacks, perhaps against coalition service members in Afghanistan, or the Middle East - that may not have otherwise happened. IE: Disgracing/embarrassing a figurehead for extremism draws new recruits to attack, that may not have otherwise considered doing so.

I'm glad the President takes a cautious approach, and actually takes seriously the loss of life of service members, despite fools like you trying to taunt him into releasing it.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just tuned into CNN...

Wolf Blitzer about to ask why the U.S. shot bin laden, if he wasn't armed

and

discuss whether or not Pakistan shot down American helicopter

two questions I have had since the beginning......just wanting to see what kinds of answers officials are giving

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HalLangerhans
One thing about the official story that makes no sense to me is the helicopters. Before I go into detail I'll make it clear that I have no superior knowledge about helicopters, so this is purely speculation on my part.

The official story tells us that 2 helicopters(never heard a mention of what type) flew 24 men to the compound and attempted to land inside the compound.

Mind linking where you're getting this information from? Most everywhere I've read says 4 helicopters.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tosskey

Wow, another government mouthpiece. Trying to say that terrorists aren't wanting to hit us as it is, but if the government releases photos, they will. How freaking stupid. IF THEY COULD HIT US, THEY WOULD. Stop acting like we're stupid, and saying the same thing over and over will eventually lead to people not questioning this BS event.

new topics

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join