It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Other than the fact that it would be in bad taste. Or that is could potentially be inflammatory to the Muslim community.

Please dispense with the god damned government talking points. We've never been concerned with bad taste, or inflaming the Muslim community before, NOW all of the sudden it takes priority over SOLID proof to the American people that our # 1 enemy was taken out by our government?
Facial recognition, DNA match. That's enough for any court of law.

We've shown dead, mutilated bodies of Muslims time and again. THIS Muslim in particular is supposedly responsible for the murders of THOUSANDS of Americans, and the tarnishing of the Islamic religion. If the Muslim community gives a crap about such a monster, then they truly are our enemies, and why would we appease them? We wouldn't, and they wouldn't care.
No, you wouldn't. Do not assume the government would do the same.

Only Bin Laden's followers would care, and they are already inflamed and if given the opportunity would attack us anyway, whether Bin Laden was dead or alive.
Best not to make it worse, then.

The fact is, they conveniently ditched the body, before solid proof was given to the American people. Now, it will never be proven. Photos are EASILY faked with technology today. There will NEVER be proof they killed Bin Laden. He died years ago from renal failure, I'm sure. But, it suits our government, as well as Muslim extremists to say he went out in a blaze of glory fighting the infidels. This is a HUGE lie.
Wait, I thought you said there was no proof. What are you making these assertions on?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by Kram09

You're delusional ol' chap.

It is well known that OBL and Al Queda are responsible for 9/11. If you disagree, then go start another thread on the subject in the 9/11 area.

Because the media told you so that he was responsible for 9/11? and the fact that is that on the FBI most wanted list it doesn't show him of been involved in 9/11
Because the proof is still classified. And you can't indict a man on classified information. Why wouldn't They just make up something They can declassify and use that?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Sparky63
According to the latest reports, if you believe them, they have Osama's wife in custody. She may be able to offer more evidence as to whether the official story is true. Another interesting thing is that it was reported that one of Osama's sons was also killed. I wonder if his body was also sent to Davy Jones locker? And if not, why?

Yeah, before that, he was said to have used her as a human shield and took part in the firefight, now they say she rushed the "assaulter" SEAL and he shot her in the leg and Bin Laden was unarmed, yet with 70 something spec forces on the scene they couldn't capture him, and shot him in the head and chest. If they have his wife/widow, they probably captured her elsewhere and threatened her to go along with the story or else.

So, WHO said that? Where did this information start. Because, you seem to want to blame the government for it but I don't see anything that ties it back to them.

So can I make up ANYTHING and say "they" said it, and you'll believe it so long as I claim "they" are the governement and it makes them look bad in your opinion? Is that the golden standard for you?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Aeons
However, I am hoping that the US has taken to heart the fact that most of their worst enemies over the last 35 years have been people/groups they trained and armed.

The track record shows a serious error in strategy.

The question is...was that an unintended consequence or was it by design? If you have multiple groups of enemies, it makes sense to promote fighting between those groups to weaken their defense capabilities before taking them on yourself.

So, the US is either epically stupid, or they are master manipulators. I'll go with the latter.
Please look up "Hanlon's Razor".

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It looks like they now have a good excuse to photoshop the pictures of the corpse.

White House to delay the release of 'gruesome' bin Laden death photos due to Muslim 'sensitivities'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It looks to me like they are building a case for photoshopping or masking part of the images. I wouldn't count on any of us ever seeing the raw images,... if they truly exist

Corrected the link.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: corrected the Link.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I've heard it said that they can't release photos of his death because it might incite attacks, even though they are already telling us to expect more attacks now that he's already dead. We were apparently expecting attacks before he was dead, but we haven't had a major attack for a long time, even though Al Qaeda is apparently all powerful and omnipotent.
Says who?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd...so they have to create a boogey man that we must be afraid of, to support our money going to the military industrial complex and other corporate interests, in order to keep us all safe and cozy from these cavemen who threaten to come here and take our freedom.

I don't think that they have to go to the trouble of creating a boogey man. There are enough evil psychopaths in the world to fill the bill. Now that Osama is gone, it will only be a matter of days before another takes his place. He may never have the mystic & reputation that Osama enjoyed with the Radical Muslims, but I'm sure that will not stop them from continuing their evil jihad.

The question is whether Obama will continue the Bush policies and root out and kill the rest of Al Quida.

I think obama will continue, he said he must be "vigilante".
However it is a never ending war, you cant fight an idea... once a kid is raised, it is difficult to change his mind.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

Good enough for a court only if it is independently verified. Same applies to DNA. Unfortunately now that the body is conveniently disposed of, no independent verification is possible. It looks like the bases are covered.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

“Even I’m getting confused,” White House press secretary Jay Carney.

These idiots can't even get the story straight anymore!
edit on 3-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

There were 5 muslim men arrested under Terrorism Act yesterday, they were caught casing Selafield nuclear plant here in the UK.

Previous attacks were also obviously stealth attacks like the suicide bombings and obviously WTC.

edit on 3-5-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
So, WHO said that? Where did this information start.

Um, the Whitehouse press secretary said that just today. Look it up.

So can I make up ANYTHING and say "they" said it, and you'll believe it so long as I claim "they" are the governement and it makes them look bad in your opinion? Is that the golden standard for you?

Not sure what point you're trying to make, could you be a bit more clear?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Good enough for a court only if it is independently verified. Same applies to DNA. Unfortunately now that the body is conveniently disposed of, no independent verification is possible. It looks like the bases are covered.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)
It was enough to ID Saddam, it was good enough for Osama.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by 000063

There were some muslim men casing Selafield nuclear plant here in the UK recently.

Previous attacks were also obviously stealth attacks like the suicide bombings and obviously WTC.
That's not "omnipotence" by any means.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

I wasn't referring to omnipotence, I think they aren't.

The reply was actually to kram69 to whom your post was a comment on, should of posted it on the original comment, though was in a hurry and read it fast then replied fast, so apologies it wasn't a reply to you.

link   

When did they do this, from what they're saying, once he got up out of bed, unarmed, he lost most of his face. And for the DNA match, all we have is their word. There won't be any court hearing, and if there was, disposing of the body before ANY investigation would be seen in a VERY bad light, would it not? Our government has lied to us, time and again. I'm not gonna start believing them simply because I want to, like a wife with an unfaithful husband. This time they're telling the truth...

Best not to make it worse, then.

We can't make it worse. They want to hit us, if anything it would be helpful for them to be furious, they would be more apt to screw up and make a mistake.

Wait, I thought you said there was no proof. What are you making these assertions on?

I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying that would be the best story for BOTH parties. There is no proof, they got rid of the evidence one way or the other.

link   
double post
edit on 3-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It was enough to ID Saddam, it was good enough for Osama.

Um, they didn't dump Hussein into the sea a couple hours after they caught him. There was plenty of time to verify they caught him. They paraded him around for weeks, they could have done the same with Bin Laden, but, instead they just popped him in the head and chest. SEALs can't subdue and capture an unarmed old man?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It looks like they now have a good excuse to photoshop the pictures of the corpse.

White House to delay the release of 'gruesome' bin Laden death photos due to Muslim 'sensitivities'

www.washingtonpost.com...

It looks to me like they are building a case for photoshopping or masking part of the images. I wouldn't count on any of us ever seeing the raw images,... if they truly exist

wrong link

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Exactly. I posted almost this very thing in this thread: White House modifies Osama bin Laden account (Didn't happen as said yesterday-Made OBL a Hero figure.

These are good observations, but my own observation thus far, is that people and news outlets and commentators are extrapolating from the official statements, and that a lot of what the White House has to respond to is rumors or incorrect assumptions based on those extrapolations.

I haven't had time to sit down track down sources back to official statements yet, but a few examples where I think this has happened are:

1. The wife as the human shield
2. Saudi Arabia rejecting the body
3. The timing

I've read news articles where the wording was ambiguous or vague or simply speculative and had no basis in fact. And I think other people are reading this and coming to some erroneous conclusions and even repeating those erroneous conclusions here as if they were fact. Unsourced of course. But hey, isn't that exactly how mind-washing is supposed to work?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The story is evolving every minute. Now it is being reported that Osama's 12 year old daughter was there when he was shot in the head.

According to reports bin Laden's 12-year-old daughter was present when U.S. forces shot and killed her father. www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are also conflicting reports as to whether Obama witnessed Osama getting tagged in the head.

Although President Obama saw the terror chief killed by a single bullet to the head, it was only when he received the signal 'Geronino E-KIA' - which stands for 'Enemy Killed In Action'- that he knew Bin Laden was dead.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

But here Pannetta says the opposite:

Panetta told Lehrer neither he nor President Obama watched the actual shooting of bin Laden as it happened.
www.pbs.org...

This is why you can't believe anything you hear reported. The story changes and evolves by the minute. I think it would be foolish to make up ones mind based on the conflicting info we have received so far.

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join