It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

This article was from 2001. The first thing I noticed was the word, "alleged".
No proof means I view it with extreme prejudice.

That same article also stated:

Bin Laden has often been reported to be in poor health. Some accounts claim that he is suffering from Hepatitis C, and can expect to live for only two more years.

I guess they were wrong about that too. LOL
edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
If Osama Bin Laden was actually our friend in the notion of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, who is the enemy (I mean after the Soviet/Afghan war)? Ourselves?

We the people, are the enemy. The government can't just take our hard earned tax dollars and give it to their corporate elitist masters directly (although it's pretty damned close), so they have to create a boogey man that we must be afraid of, to support our money going to the military industrial complex and other corporate interests, in order to keep us all safe and cozy from these cavemen who threaten to come here and take our freedom.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Bin Laden has often been reported to be in poor health. Some accounts claim that he is suffering from Hepatitis C, and can expect to live for only two more years.

But you believe every word from the government including that bin laden was killed yesterday? thats pretty much double sided.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd...so they have to create a boogey man that we must be afraid of, to support our money going to the military industrial complex and other corporate interests, in order to keep us all safe and cozy from these cavemen who threaten to come here and take our freedom.

I don't think that they have to go to the trouble of creating a boogey man. There are enough evil psychopaths in the world to fill the bill. Now that Osama is gone, it will only be a matter of days before another takes his place. He may never have the mystic & reputation that Osama enjoyed with the Radical Muslims, but I'm sure that will not stop them from continuing their evil jihad.

The question is whether Obama will continue the Bush policies and root out and kill the rest of Al Quida.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What makes you think he didn't die from renal failure? You have no more proof against that, than you have proof that Bin Laden was just killed by SEALs. You're just taking the government's word, even though we ALL KNOW they are liars.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You couldn't be more wrong.
If you read any of my posts you would see that I believe almost nothing I hear from the government.
I have serious trust issues with any "official story" trotted out by the administration or their media lapdogs.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You could be right. I believe Osama is dead, but I am still not convinced as to the time of death. Now that the body has been dumped there is no way to get an independent DNA verification. We all know that pictures can be photo shopped, and I since I have an instinctive mistrust of government, I am waiting till they present all the proof they are going to offer. Then I will proceed from there.

If you have read any of my posts you would know that I do simply take the governments word on anything.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

If you think about it, this story serves BOTH parties interests much more than him dying of natural causes. The government gets to pretend they killed him, and look like our saviors (by shooting an unarmed man). AQ gets to use this as a rallying cry that their great leader was martyred by the infidels, and Allah didn't let him die a sick old man of natural causes...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

But you believe every word from the government including that bin laden was killed yesterday? thats pretty much double sided.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Are those the choices? Believe everything or nothing the government says? It is a tired logical fallacy that has been aped on this thread over and over.

A reasonable mind can come to reasonable conclusions on a case by case basis. It is called THINKING.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If you have read any of my posts you would know that I do simply take the governments word on anything.

I have read them, I was referring to you saying:

"I guess they were wrong about that too."

We don't know they were wrong about it, it's not likely that he would survive that illness this long, even with state of the art medical treatment...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Sparky63

If you think about it, this story serves BOTH parties interests much more than him dying of natural causes. The government gets to pretend they killed him, and look like our saviors (by shooting an unarmed man). AQ gets to use this as a rallying cry that their great leader was martyred by the infidels, and Allah didn't let him die a sick old man of natural causes...

RIght...Like the old saying, "the more things change, the more they remain the same." Only now we will have different targets. The big winners are the arms dealers and politicians that ride the wave of fear and hate, profiting every step of the way.

Osama might have served as an icon to the next generation of terrorists by remaining alive as Al Quada's figurehead, but the reality is that in death he will continue to serve the same function.

The clash of ideologies continues unabated.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

We don't know they were wrong about it, it's not likely that he would survive that illness this long, even with state of the art medical treatment...

According to the latest reports, if you believe them, they have Osama's wife in custody. She may be able to offer more evidence as to whether the official story is true. Another interesting thing is that it was reported that one of Osama's sons was also killed. I wonder if his body was also sent to Davy Jones locker? And if not, why?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reporters are really stupid. In one MSN article they say Bin Ladin was burried at sea and in the same article they say his body is on a warship. These statements were only separated by two paragraphs. Maybe they should read what they write before posting it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can't understand why the agencies that give arms to terrorists/freedom-fighters/rebels, fail to see that eventually the weapons will be used against them. I mean, hasn't this theory been proven time and time again??

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Aeons

I said in the infiltrated thread that the old fake photo and its viral propagation seems to me to have been a concerted effort on someones part. This was evident here on ATS from the moment the news broke and the entire next day.

Not only did (one or two) people keep posting it everywhere without regard to thread topic but they totally ignored all comments and links to the fact that it was old and a fake. ATS mods were pretty good at weeding this out, but the damage was done. Then on the heels of all this, to have the news saying it was a "conspiracy theorist" propagated hoax...well that makes a person say hmmm.
You know Barbare Streisand? Some photographer took a picture of her house, and she sued him. This made the picture wildly popular on the Internet. So if someone says the photo is faked, people will want to see it for themselves even more.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

According to the latest reports, if you believe them, they have Osama's wife in custody. She may be able to offer more evidence as to whether the official story is true. Another interesting thing is that it was reported that one of Osama's sons was also killed. I wonder if his body was also sent to Davy Jones locker? And if not, why?

Yeah, before that, he was said to have used her as a human shield and took part in the firefight, now they say she rushed the "assaulter" SEAL and he shot her in the leg and Bin Laden was unarmed, yet with 70 something spec forces on the scene they couldn't capture him, and shot him in the head and chest. If they have his wife/widow, they probably captured her elsewhere and threatened her to go along with the story or else.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
reply to post by maybereal11

So why not just come clean & say "we crashed"
They did?

or better still, make it look like it was a mechanical failiure.
And why didn't the Pakistani military (less than 1 km away) not hear those choppers & the guns?
They did, which is why they scrambled fighters.

They MUST have known what was going on, I don't believe a fighter jet would take 40 minutes to get there, only to be outrun by a fully laden Chinook
What was the nearest fighter airbase, what fighters were used, what's there top speed, how long would they take to get there, how far along was the raid when the authorities caught on, and how long would it take for the right person to be reached for the launch order, and how long would scrambling take?

You have all those, right? Otherwise, you're arguing based on truthiness.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I don't see any woman rushing a Navy Seal...I don't believe any of that unless she ran toward the seal in confusion.
I was born, but I wasn't born yesterday.
More than likely, they might have shot her in the leg in order to get a clear shot of Osama. But that is still a stretch.
They haven't even said where they are holding her, or if she is spilling beans about the last 6 years.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
reply to post by Aggie Man

You may be right.
I'm guessing the girl took the second shot, though......
The timing of this event couldn't have been better,
Yes it could've. They could've "found" him years ago with fabricated links to Saddam and WMDs. Boom, justification for the Iraqi War.

Bin Laden has always denied his part in 9/11, despite that tape from 2009, which they just told us it was him & what he said.
That wasn't the only tape where he claimed responsibility, and he pulled the same denial-then-claim thing after the 1998 Embassy attack.

I can't see why they can't even release a simple photo of OBL with a bullet in him.
Still classified.

Since he was no longer useful either as a CIA informant or as a buisnessman doing huge construction projects for Bush Oil or Halliburton i guess they wanted him out of the way.
Speculation.

Did you know it was the CIA who suggested filling model planes with explosives & flying them into buildings when they were helping the Muja'Dheen against the russians?
So now you know where they got THAT idea from.
Unsourced assertion.

Do you know how many SAM missiles they smuggled into Afghanistan back then?
Who do you think they met there?
This isn't conspiracy, it's fact.
Yes, and? The US has helped plenty of revolutions which have come back to bite it. Osama is not unique.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Aren't they saying he used a woman as a human shield? Bit cowardly. Perhaps the US invented that so he didn't become a martyr. Quite a smart move on the US part, actually.

I do believe it occured more or less how they have recounted it and that he is dead.

Now a brief comment on Pentagon Motivated spin..."Mansion"...There is a reason that the Pentagon hammered home that phrase and the media unknowingly ran with it.

Notice how OBL always sent his propaganda tapes with the backdrop of a cave or mountains? Mohamed lived/meditated in a cave and the mountains. It also communicated poverty and struggle. OBL was very conscience of appealing to his audience with the backdrop of living in a sparse mountain wilderness. It appealed and resonated to his followers.

Was he living in the mountains? Hell no...but the Pentagon pushed the other direction...."Mansion"?? Really?...expensive compound, yes. Mansion? not so much. Spin on both sides.
It cost a million bucks. I'd call that a mansion.

I don't know if Osama genuinely used a woman as a human shield or not, but it is also a convenient story for the Pentagon to release as it is directed at showing his disregard for women and casts him as a coward.
No, that's still just a rumor, and it was initially his son who used her as a shield. Why would the gov't need to hide that if it's true?

Like I said...the man is dead, but the Pentagon will spin when and where they can. Mansion as opposed to compound cracks me up a little. I don't doubt it was expensive to build, certainly by Pakastani standards, but "Mansion" wouldn't be the first word that came to anybodys mind...the word was fed to them with a purpose in mind of contradicting OBLs own propaganda..living in a humble in a cave.
It also means that all the Truthers who claim that some guy living in a cave couldn't have planned 9/11 are proven false.

new topics

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join