It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by Kram09

You're delusional ol' chap.

It is well known that OBL and Al Queda are responsible for 9/11. If you disagree, then go start another thread on the subject in the 9/11 area.

Because the media told you so that he was responsible for 9/11? and the fact that is that on the FBI most wanted list it doesn't show him of been involved in 9/11

It is well known that OBL and Al Queda are responsible for 9/11.

In an interview with Osama bin Laden, published in the Pakistani newspaper Ummat Karachi on September 28, 2001, he stated: "I have already said that I am not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act

Remember the poorly made video claiming to be him in nov 2001?

In November 2001, US forces recovered a videotape from a bombed house in Jalalabad, Afghanistan which showed a man purported to be Osama bin Laden talking to Khaled al-Harbi. In the tape, bin Laden talks of planning the attacks. Translations.

www.youtube.com...

In this video we a see person that looks like bin laden but it isn't

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tosskey

Originally posted by daikaiju
I am just wondering when and where did they get his DNA in the first place.

Senior Official claims they did comparative analysis with known family members that they had samples on.

Thanks, I was not sure, with all the disinformation flying about I stopped following the news on the situation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how US relations with Pakistan shake out now that it is clear they knew Osama was in their country and the military was actively protecting him. Salmon Rushdie, who knows a little bit about the Religion of Peace, has some interesting comments on the matter;

Rushdie: Pakistan Must Have Known Where bin Laden Was: ..Rushdie said he never believed the terrorist leader was hiding out in a cave in Tora Bora “living on plants and insects.”

“An extremely big man, 6-foot 4-inches tall in a country where the average male height is around 5-foot 8, wandering around unnoticed for ten years while half the satellites above the earth were looking for him? It didn’t make sense.”
www.newsmax.com...

Now the question should be, "Who else is Pakistan protecting?" I think that now the Pakistan government has 2 options;
1. full cooperation US military and intelligence, including full and uninhibited access to their country.
or
2. Become known to the world as the number 1 terrorist sanctuary and reap the wrath of the US and it's true allies.

Either way, It's going to be an interesting year.

edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: added source

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm brand new to this site so I can't make a new thread. I found this article on a defense blog about a possible new or old modified helicopter used by SOCOM during the raid. Being in the army I have never seen a set up like this.
defensetech.org... If some one could start a new thread for me I'd really appreciate it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris

Originally posted by daisy65014
please people..we are not going to put obama as the messiah of the USA again. there was no death of osama, he was a CIA agent first and fore most. I wonder how many drones out there will belive what our goverment tells us. This is another obama trip. Count how many times he says I, his head is so big other people cant fit in the room. This man should not be president of this nation...He is nothing but a gangster from chicago, his birth certificate proves he loves to fake out people I would not belive anything that he says cause it is never the truth thanks for listening

I challenge you to back this up, all of it! I keep reading people stating things as fact, as you have just done but I haven't seen anyone actually back it up with facts.

www.theinsider.org...

newsone.com...

It's always been mainline news/history that the CIA funded the Mujaheddin/Bin Laden to fight The Soviet Russia in Afghanistan. Where have you been????????

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I am no admirer of Obama...or Bush for that matter, but just because the CIA once trained & funded Osama, decades ago, does not mean that Osama was forever to be an agent of theirs. (I am using the word agent rather loosely) People trade sides all the time and once he was no longer an asset, they abandoned him. Osama took his stand against the US and it's foreign policy and the rest is history.
edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment for clarification

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well they are just having the press conference still no pictures, no videos.

personally i doubt they will release any of it.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Per the press conference, Bin Laden was unarmed. They shot an unarmed man, instead of capturing him, and dumped his body in hours. And ANYBODY believes this????!!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

I am no admirer of Obama...or Bush for that matter, but just because the CIA once trained & funded Osama, decades ago, does not mean that Osama was forever to be an agent of theirs. (I am using the word agent rather loosely) People trade sides all the time and once he was no longer an asset, they abandoned him. Osama took his stand against the US and it's foreign policy and the rest is history.

Absolutely! He was more of a pawn than an agent. Incidentally, the US armed Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war. Does that mean Saddam was an agent as well? Absolutely not. It merely means that sometimes it is necessary to be friendly with your enemies. What's the saying..."an enemy of my enemy is my friend"

edit on 3-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Per the press conference, Bin Laden was unarmed. They shot an unarmed man, instead of capturing him, and dumped his body in hours. And ANYBODY believes this????!!!!

yet the first reports from CNN and others were that he was in a firefight.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

What's the saying..."an enemy of my enemy is my friend"

You beat me to it. That is exactly what I was going to say

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Sparky63

Absolutely! He was more of a pawn than an agent. Incidentally, the US armed Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war. Does that mean Saddam was an agent as well? Absolutely not. It merely means that sometimes it is necessary to be friendly with your enemies. What's the saying..."an enemy of my enemy is my friend"

edit on 3-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

However, I am hoping that the US has taken to heart the fact that most of their worst enemies over the last 35 years have been people/groups they trained and armed.

The track record shows a serious error in strategy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
However, I am hoping that the US has taken to heart the fact that most of their worst enemies over the last 35 years have been people/groups they trained and armed.

The question is...was that an unintended consequence or was it by design? If you have multiple groups of enemies, it makes sense to promote fighting between those groups to weaken their defense capabilities before taking them on yourself.

So, the US is either epically stupid, or they are master manipulators. I'll go with the latter.

link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
yet the first reports from CNN and others were that he was in a firefight.

Apparently that was not correct, this little snake in the grass mouthpiece just said he was not armed, yet was "putting up resistance". So, the SEALs apparently couldn't subdue an unarmed, frail old man and bring him back to the U.S. for a trial. They just shot him in the head and chest, then dumped his body in the ocean, now is stalling on releasing pictures citing unspecified "sensitivities", i.e. photoshopping an image to release. You couldn't make this stuff up...

link   
reply to post by Sparky63

www.guardian.co.uk...

Main stream news.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thank you for that star for you

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Aeons

The question is...was that an unintended consequence or was it by design? If you have multiple groups of enemies, it makes sense to promote fighting between those groups to weaken their defense capabilities before taking them on yourself.

So, the US is either epically stupid, or they are master manipulators. I'll go with the latter.

I would go with having the long term strategy of a gnat.

Politicians have 5 year life spans. Budgets have 2 year life spans. Generals don't do political policy.

I believe that the problem is that nobody making the decisions has to deal with the long term consequences, so the doctrine of using your enemies to fight amoungst themselves seems like a GREAT idea. And the people who make that decision won't have to deal with the victor they created in a decade.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If Osama Bin Laden was actually our friend in the notion of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, who is the enemy (I mean after the Soviet/Afghan war)? Ourselves?
That doesn't make sense. UBL was a (and Alqueda is) a pawn of the US government. Always has, always will be. We don't need to rehash the inconsistencies regarding 9/11. Just where was UBL on 9/11? There's solid info he was in a Pakistani military hospital!

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 3-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've heard it said that they can't release photos of his death because it might incite attacks, even though they are already telling us to expect more attacks now that he's already dead. We were apparently expecting attacks before he was dead, but we haven't had a major attack for a long time, even though Al Qaeda is apparently all powerful and omnipotent.

It just takes some simple questions to realise none of this adds up.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
If Osama Bin Laden was actually our friend in the notion of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, who is the enemy (I mean after the Soviet/Afghan war)? Ourselves?
That doesn't make sense. UBL was a (and Alqueda is) a pawn of the US government. Always has, always will be. We don't need to rehash the inconsistencies regarding 9/11. Just where was UBL on 9/11? There's solid info he was in a Pakistani military hospital!

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 3-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

Why don't you go read the history of Afghanistan, and the Cold War. When you are done that. If you still have questions, then ask. When you know the history of it, it makes perfect sense.

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join