It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Aren't they saying he used a woman as a human shield? Bit cowardly. Perhaps the US invented that so he didn't become a martyr. Quite a smart move on the US part, actually.

Tom Brennan is quoted as saying that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Own your words. You already explained that you are hopeful that he is not really dead because otherwise it would look favorable for the President.

You yourself expressed your motivations for claiming to doubt the evidence...Idealogical...not factual.

Your words not mine. Own them.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I, for one, believe that it went down as we've been told. Too big a news story. If you want to think otherwise, you're certainly entitled but I don't think there is any big conspiracy here.

Just wait....pics will be released soon. They always have a way of sneaking out.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
President Obama & Cabinet watches as Osama gets shot up!!

msnbcmedia.msn.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that the courier that led them to bin laden is mentioned several times in the wikileaks documents. That could have blown the whole operation. Looks like aq didn't read the files or if they did didn't care. I'm sure the cters could do sonething with that info

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Setoman

Just noticed that picture on the laptop is blurred out.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Setoman
President Obama & Cabinet watches as Osama gets shot up!!

msnbcmedia.msn.com...

My sources say they were watching "Dodgeball".

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

...Goldstein really is dead now...

I actually heard a radio announcer, in the same breath mind you, say that "We are now safer...there is a heightened level of alert in case of reprisals"..how the hell no one finds that truly Orwellian, I do not know.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.

And the announcer probably didn't even realize how it sounded!

Well, we'll see how long Goldstein stays dead.

In Orwell's book, Goldstein's function was permanent after all. Since Bin Laden's brother is supposedly far more beastly than Osama ever was, my guess is that he will soon be trotted out for us all to hate. Some horrific false-flag, perhaps nuclear event, that makes 9/11 look tame. And they will tell us that the "brother has been avenged". But then, the USSA will have to get it's vengeance, and we'll be good-to-go for another ten years!

And the saddest thing will be when the Amerikan sheeple begin flying their flags again, spewing righteous indignation at anyone who merely tries to politely calm them down, before they get behind the next global war on "terror", but this time even worse than before.

I sure hope people see it this time around. We've been had, big time!

JR

link   
How did Osama die?I heard it was a gunshot to the head!Was that confirmed?

And yeah,anything to keep our minds off of the radiation leak!

It's amazing how fast we get over things..then forget about them..is oil still leaking in the gulf?

link   
I’m not sure what to make of this thread. Some posts are insightful, well thought out and rational (regardless of opinion). Others disgust me for reasons others have already mentioned.

I am appalled by how some discuss warfare, soldiers, and death. This is and was not a game. It is very violent and deadly. Many lives were risked in this operation. Operations like this can, and do, go very wrong. People die painful, horrible deaths – on both sides.

Now, don’t misunderstand me. Do I care about any sensitivities for UBL or the manner in which he died? No, not at all. This is an operation that had to be done. The world is about 200 pounds lighter and an immeasurably better off without him. The need to kill UBL was apparent and justified. I am objecting to the coarse, cavalier way in which some are dealing with this topic. This is not a game for our internet forum fun. I have no sorrow (quite the opposite) over the violent death of UBL. I am glad for it. I am also aware of the realities of death due to combat. It isn’t pretty for anyone.

From short six years in the Army I had the distinct pleasure of working with a few (just a few and only occasionally) black op types. Are they supremely confident and capable? Yes. They are also deadly serious. They are not cavalier, maverick types. They are supremely humble in their massive accomplishments. They are quiet professionals. You would be proud to know them. They are your neighbors, sons, daughters, dads and moms. They don’t do it for the money. They don’t do it for any forum-perceived “glory”. They do the things others won’t, or can’t. They receive no public recognition for the many, many sacrifices they make. They die cold, in pain and anonymous.

They do it for duty, honor and country. You may think that rather quaint and old-school. They live it every day. Look, nobody hates war more than those that it takes the biggest toll on: those asked to do the fighting.

I’m not sure if I made a cogent point or not. I know what I am trying to say, I just don’t know if I’ve communicated well enough. Hopefully, this resonates with someone.

It might not.
edit on 2-5-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I, for one, believe that it went down as we've been told. Too big a news story. If you want to think otherwise, you're certainly entitled but I don't think there is any big conspiracy here.

Just wait....pics will be released soon. They always have a way of sneaking out.

My problem is less with the idea that this is a lie or that there's some kind of conspiracy.. I just think it's terrifying how perfectly this paves the way for a new attack. TPTB know how fishy it would have been if there was an attack out of nowhere, say last week or so, with Bin Laden all but forgotten about at the time, more invasive security measures than ever... people would have been sick of it and it might have created a serious mass-backlash. But now, with the excuse of a 'retaliation attack', it's a perfect time for something to happen. And meanwhile all the sheeple are all fired up on the heels of Bin Laden's death. It has the potential of being 9/11 all over again

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Aren't they saying he used a woman as a human shield? Bit cowardly. Perhaps the US invented that so he didn't become a martyr. Quite a smart move on the US part, actually.

I thought it was the woman who used HERSELF as the shield while he was apparently waving an AK47 around?

The footage of the battle in Bin Laden’s Pakistani hideout – relayed to the White House by satellite – is said to show one of his wives acting as a human shield to protect him as he blasted away with an AK47 assault rifle.

Daily Mail Source

Anyways...this whole story stinks of coverup to me.

A DNA test could easily be faked if the subject was another family member. HIS SON WAS ALSO KILLED.
The body was apparently buried at sea....WTF!
Why was OBL wandering round with an AK47?
Why was OBL assassinated instead of captured....because he's a scapegoat and innocent perhaps?

The ONLY way people SHOULD believe this, is if we are shown VIDEO footage of the assassination (that can be analysed) along with a full explanation of why it was carried out the way it was. Of course, the gung ho spirit of Americans coupled with the depleted intelligence of the masses will overshadow the need for questions answered truthfully after the event won't they.

JUST LIKE THE EVENTS OF 9/11 THAT STARTED ALL THIS.

Ignorant fear and hate replaced now with ignorant jubilation and retribution.

The real criminals are still at large imo....Obama is just one of the ignorant though, how else can he play his part so well?

I know so many here have reservations about these events like me and once again, I fear this will be yet another of those truly unsolved crimes that will get muddied in the waters of many more unsolved crimes that will take it's place.

Sucks!
edit on 2/5/2011 by nerbot because: spellig & added link

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
I'm just hoping they release photos of His dead body or people will never believe them...lol

It's just too bad he took a double tap to the face. Gonna be hard to recognize, which is why they did DNA to confirm. How convenient, taking his face off so that any photos would be inconclusive. Then dumping the body at sea 12 hours later... This all sounds so.. so..

Staged?

Also pay attention to where the MSM is getting their information. "Intelligence sources" comes up a lot. "Military source".. get the picture? Information is being disseminated by the fox form the henhouse. There is no investigative reporting going on - yet. They are all just parroting the press releases they are getting handed by the military propaganda bureau.

edit on 2-5-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f74bdbb3139.jpg[/atsimg]

I just love you SaturnFX!
I had to say it. I've thought it so many times reading your posts but this one well it put me over the top.
No I am not an internet stalker.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.news.com.au has the "Reaction" photo. Osama died, used his wife as shield, and they buried him at sea. LOL!!!!! Your kidding me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This all reminds me of that episode from the sopranos when Big Puss got whacked. They took him about 20 miles out off the Jersey shore and dumped him in the sea because he was snitching and became a liability. Probably what happened with Bin laden. Maybe one NWO Mafia family sending a message to another.

Osama Bin laden sleeping with the fishes.... Obama becomes Don Cappo

edit on 2-5-2011 by theJigsawKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbleEndangered
Don't People Dump Bodies in Water to Hide them?
edit on 2-5-2011 by AbleEndangered because: dump not dumb

excellent point, the western mainstream claims it was done based on the Islamic tradition, however the last time i checked from my past that was agaisnt there tradition, it is not based on the Islamic Tradition, that they threw away the body.

You know who else does that? the Mafia.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

We didn't start this war. I'm proud that they did their jobs so professionally. They should get medals, Soldiers get medals don't they, or is that "over the top"?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Who else are we going to get the news from they are the ones that masterminded the whole thing, we are never going to get independent sources on this one.

So remember the "secrecy" all in the name of national security, so just believe what is been told and be a good citizen.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

No, DNA from his son would not be the same.
DNA from a full blood brother would match almost perfectly.
Or perfect as this source says:

Only men have a Y chromosome, and a father will pass exactly the same Y chromosomal DNA to all his sons. Therefore, 2 brothers with the same biological father will always have exactly the same Y DNA patterns.

sibling DNA

edit on 2-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join