It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't know if this has already been posted or not:

Obama Watches Operation That Killed Osama

Dramatic pictures have been released of President Barack Obama watching live footage of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton among people watching US operation to find Osama bin Laden in Pakistan

The al Qaeda leader was shot dead by US special forces who stormed his villa in Pakistan in the early hours of Monday morning local time.

Bin Laden's compound was close to a military garrison and was only around 40 miles from the capital Islamabad.

Sky news

Will the footage be released to the public?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Great. 9/11 happens, then we have to worry about and thus get our freedoms taken away due to the 'threat' of Osama Bin Laden (the "mastermind") and his gang Al Qaeda....NOW he is dead, do we get those freedoms back? HELL NO. Now we will have to worry about retaliation...a much more palpable threat than that lone bogeyman OBL... Time to lose some freedoms.

Things never change, they only gain momentum and end in a terrible crash.

mmm Just what freedoms have you lost that you feel need returning?Just wondering cuz I live here in the good ol US of A and I still live the same life I did before 9/11. On a personal level that is. There is nothing that I could do before 9/11 that I cannot do now so just wondering if I am missing something.
Are you talking about airport security? We can no longer just walk in off the street and get on an airplane? Big whoop how often do most people fly anyway.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Osama has nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism nowadays. I think he's been pushing up daisies for years, but if he hasn't been doing that, then he's been ass grabbing nurses in the dialysis ward for years.

Shooting him is the equivalent to catapulting dead horses over the wall during a medieval seige. They've outlived their usefullness . . but even dead they can do one more service for the invading army and that is spread disease in the beseiged city.

Obama was until this announcement was made, about to face the most rigorous examination of his citizenship credentials to date, with Trump on his tail and Jerome Corsi's book to come out on May 17th. Does anyone think that sort of examination is going to get a fair hearing in the present, post raid, climate of euphoria and glad handing of the President?

Memo to all you smarty pants conspiracy intellectuals: Don't pre-announce your books. Just lower the boom without warning.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
Did anyone already notice that in Obama's own speech hey juridically tells they shot him AFTER the firefight.

From the original speech quoted:

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

okay, so after the firefight they killed him........so what.........is that supposed to be alarming?
edit on 2-5-2011 by hbpdfsu because: (no reason given)

SMR

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some of you need to settle down and think a bit.

As for blood on the floor. Why assume he was dragged out of bed ? Anyone have the thought that maybe as the SEALS made their way through the compound, that he and his "lady friend" maybe heard all the commotion and as the SEALS were about to come in the room, the two jumped out of bed to fight to the death. Why assume they sat in bed all the while this raid is happening.

As far as languages go. You do know that most armed forces that have been in these Middle East countries have learned the native languages.

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Also, you have to consider how much control there was to begin with in the heat of the moment...

First off, it makes no sense to hold him (publically)...the body is gone (as far as we are told...however, whats to say he isn't currently in chains being brought to some dark hellhole to forever be tortured for information and for the lulz).

Now, lets say that he was executed...was it by the nod of the president..or rather a few guys seeing this person in front of them, sticking their gun in his eye, doing some mind farking for awhile, then boom...passion kill I guess you could say.

theres alot of speculation that can go on...the dumping of the body then might be because they didn't want to show how it wasn't a distance shot, but rather a execution shot, which could cause all sorts of disruptions across the community.

Good point. The Prez was supposedly watching real-time, so he either gave the nod for execution or just let the guys handle it. He may truly want to take credit for offing Bin Ladin. Does he not feel he could personally be held responsible and targeted in a revenge measure? Maybe he feels TPTB protect him and he is invulnerable. I think he enjoys the personal power he gets from his Office.

link   
you know, i would like to hear the saudi version of this and all. after all, they are or will be going out of buisness and the russians have a new command in the issue. Meaning oil, i suspect new dealings with mother russia.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Now they are saying that he died with a gun in his hand...

I remember earlier today during the press conference those details were difficult to state. Once they said he was reaching for his gun, now they are saying he had his gun in his hand and because he was shooting back

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeh, has nobody speculated that perhaps the particular SEAL wanted to shoot Bin Laden is some sort of pseudo-revenge kill for the USA, being the one to bag him and go down as the man who shot the number one wanted terrorist? However i would expect the command to order his capture not execution, and i doubt they would defy orders on such a high priority target so perhaps they were ordered to shoot on sight. I guess we will ultimately never know the truth unless there is somehow mass disclosure, much like many events in recent and ancient history.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ummm ok American version Osama, Arabic version Usama and it's doubtful she would have said his full name in the midst of firefights.

Fair enough. I thought they called him something else over there. Still, amazingly lucky to catch that in the heat of battle.
(BTW there's no such language as "American"; I assume you mean English.)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Examining the photo, tell me what yo think. No blood on bed. In saying that , that means they were sleeping and awakend and pulled out of bed and shot. Who here agrees with me? IS this photo real, where did it originate?

The photo is from a video from Reuters, I presume it is "official" from some source. The Chinese take on it is interesting when they say of the Pakistanis "They done it" after a helicopter was shot down.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is interesting, as the PTB have seemed to have wrapped up two of the trump cards culminating in Project Blue Beam.

Rogue Nations - collapse of Libya, Egypt, Iran, Iraq
Terrorism - Death of Bin Laden

They've already been grooming you for Comet Elenin, and near earth Asteroids. So keep an eye on those as society's "new" enemy.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
**ALERT** US FALSE FLAG TERRORISM TO FOLLOW OSAMA BIN LADENS DEATH WITHIN 90 DAYS? ***

Calling all patriots world wide to sound large alert that the NWO CRIMINALS will be capitalizing on Osama Bin Laden's death in order to stage fresh flag flag attacks in the US within 90 days.

Military operations again Iran are reaching a zenith of favorability - Syria is destabalized, Egypt is healing from its fresh revolution, and thus Iran has few military allies that they can rely on in the immediate future.

This would require the usual pretext.

Chicago is strongly suspected of being the target - a small nuclear device will be detonated near the Sears tower - several functions are accomplished in the doing of this.

Comdex is destroyed (destroying gold and silver trading)...
Chicago is 'sacrificied.
US Stock Markets / World Markets Collapse.
World Emergency is declared and world trading is temporarily halted.
Martial law is declared and used as a instrument to remove political dissidents 'truthers'
Barrack Obama tells the public that Iran is the culprit (Al-Quieda in Iran did it because of Bin Laden's Death).
WWIII is initiated.

*BECAUSE US/CDN BORDER CITY WILL BE HIT - US CAN ALSO USE PRETEXT THAT CANADA ALLOWED THE SMUGGLING OF THE DEVICES THROUGH THEIR TERRITORY JUSTIFYING ANNEXATION OF CANADA*

- TOO MANY BENEFICIAL ANGLES WILL BE CUT IN THIS.

OSAMA BIN LADEN'S DEATH WILL JUSTIFY *ANY* GOVERNMENT TERRORISM AGAINST THEIR OWN CITIZENS WITH THE ULTIMATE AIM OF ENSLAVING OURSELVES WHILE COMMITTING TO FURTHER MARTIAL LAW AND CONSCRIPTION FOR FALSE WARS IN IRAN.

NOW IS THE TIME TO PREPARE. REMEMBER THE FULL NUCLEAR EXCHANGE IS PLANNED WHEN THE PEACE DEAL IS SIGNED - this is 3.5 years from the commencement of the start of WWIII (which has not happened yet). WWIII is planned to be a controlled war - it spirals all out of control from the interests of the Elite.

Remember there will be a full nuclear exchange at this time, that is the real time to be hidden out, as everything west of the San Andreas fault line goes into the ocean just prior to the Russian nuclear strike on America.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
you know, i would like to hear the saudi version of this and all. after all, they are or will be going out of buisness and the russians have a new command in the issue. Meaning oil, i suspect new dealings with mother russia.

Another excellent point. In fact, the Russians and Chinese have got most of the new oil contracts out of Iraq, it did not go down apparently the way our leaders wished, and since we know that Bin ladin was at least a one time CIA assett during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, maybe it was just a matter of time before the Soviets got him and got some Intel. If the Pakistanis did not know about our mission, then it's possible a Soviet mission could also be missed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Very interesting!!!

That may help explain why our chopper was 'shot' down and they have no true explanation for it.

Did we bargain with Pakistan to let us take this credit instead????

Raises the eyebrow a bit

edit on 2-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont really believe any of this. Where is the body? I mean..It doesnt make sense.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone was posting that they didn't know what the president was going to say, when the heading of this thread says it all?????

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Laokin

I don't think Obama is lying.

I don't buy that Osama was killed yesterday, especially when Benazir Bhutto leaked his murder years ago (before she was assassinated). Also, look at the recent videos with OBL in them . They don't look anything like OBL!

The people who are falling for this claptrap are a bunch of damn fools!

Wait, you mean, you DO think Obama is lying...

Good, me too.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I believe the original was named president is making late night announcement. Or something like that. It was hyped for a while before it slipped what it was about.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The thread title started out as something like "President to address nation at 10:30" (and grew out of another thread about the raised threatcom levels, which preceded it) and was then changed once the announcement was made.

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join