It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by LosLobos

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Here is the thing
How do you know he is dead?

That was an extremely large quote so I had to chop it down. Here is my thing. How do you know he's not dead? I'd rather believe he is dead than just dump all over our government claiming they are a bunch of liars. Until someone proves they are lying then I choose to believe they got him yesterday and dumped his body in the sea.

Baaa. Baaaaaaaaa.

Let me guess. It happened on Obama's watch so he gets credit? Wasn't that all you could puke over and over last night?

Well, I mean, he will get credit overall as it did happen under his watch..not because he happened to simply be sitting in office when it happened, but because he allowed us to go into pakistan to begin with...screw the pakistani's...time to end the infinate war by (possibly) taking down the head.

Will it get him re-elected? its a feather in his cap, but alot can happen in over a year..so unlikely this alone will be the only thing that gets him back in office...now, if by this time next year the troops are for the most part back home and we are no longer exporting war to the world, but instead focusing back on strengthing the dollar, then sure...otherwise, just like GWB 1, war triumph means little when the rest falls apart.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by cloaked4u
OMG, they do not want any photos of him spreading around so we can look at the body of bin laden. Apparently they buried his body at sea. This is the BIGGEST conspiracy on the web. Someone can take and run with this one, i am currently working on something else. here is the link. www.msnbc.msn.com... We all wanted proof and to see in photos and they dump the body in the ocean. WHY?

They said there are videos and pictures, however...I will believe it when I see it.

I won't believe he is really dead until the White House releases the Death Certificate.

That aside, this is no time for complacency.
Osama Bin Laden may be dead, but Justin Bieber is still at large.

link   
Love the FBI update...

www.fbi.gov...

Still says nothing about wanted for 9/11. Just the bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. I thought the President's speech had the feel of final revenge for 9/11 but the wanted for never mentions it. Just other terrorists acts...? could mean knocking over Popsicle stands for all I know. Just thought with all the hype it would have at last been edited to say "and also captured and executed for 9/11... (we think ?)".

link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow
Looked up the location on Google Earth.

Giant lettering on the ground says "Home of the Piffers - 2005".

The Piffers is a Pakistani Army Regiment with sixty-some battalions.

2005 is when the compound was built for Osama Bin Laden.

I don't believe in coincidences.

Gee, I wonder if they were there to protect him?

Yes, i just found that myself. Big white letters in English.

It's about 30 miles north of Islamabad.
No blue ' i ' yet as to exactly which house was his.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
SkyNews just said they offered the body to Saudi Arabia and they didn't want it? Weird.

So of course burial at sea was the next logical choice. Did the family want this? That's the question.

They also showed a Q&A with H. Clinton. She was asked about the $25M reward. It's off the table now. (I mention this because some people here last night thought it still being on the website...meant something.)
edit on 5/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes, what you read is correct, once all (ALL) needed specimens are gathered and processing begins, you can have identification in about 5 to 7 hours,
no mailing, no waiting in line for scheduled testing and no waiting for results to be returned.
(The Process)
Isolation
Quantifying
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Short Tandem Repeat-Polymerase Chain Reaction (STR-PCR)
Interpretation
Database
(Isolation)
Scientist extract DNA from the nucleus of cells in tissue
Quality of tissue DNA samples degrades as body decomposes
1-4 hours
(Quantifying)
Tests are run to determine the amount of DNA recovered
Targeted amount 1 nanogram (billionth of a gram)
If inadequate quantity, isolation must be repeated
1-2 hours
(Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR))
One of the most popular and widely used techniques in molecular biology
Reproduces millions of exact copies of specific fragments of DNA
Enables even highly degraded samples to be analyzed
3 hours
HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN LATHER RINSE REPEAT OR GO RIGHT TO (interpretation)
(Interpretation)
A DNA scientist reviews the DNA profile produced through the capillary electrophoresis to determine if there is a match
STR markers are examined (2-5 bp)
1-3 are not enough to determine is the sample came from the suspect
4-5, beyond a reasonable doubt
5 very rare
You can look around the web for more info BH there's alot papers written on it, check some colleges, indiana has a nice paper on it.
Things have changed dramatically.
www.finnzymes.com...
www.dnatestingcentre.com...

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by maybereal11

THANK YOU for this post.

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Do a little research and you'll find that from start to finish you can have results in around 5 to 7 hours.
You will need:
1,comparative dna (the more the better, especially mtdna) , 2 source dna, and a full functioning lab.

Well, if that's true, there go all the "DNA takes weeks" theories of this event. Do you have a link about the 5-7 hours? I will be looking.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't see any evidence on those articles you linked. And if Bin Laden really had died years ago, wouldn't there have been proof of this? That second article says he died in 2001 and was buried. (according to one AQ member). That certainly cant be true if America had him on ice. (very dubious).

The line saying that there had been no intelligence on Osama since the early 2000's was IMO designed to keep this recent operation tightly sealed. Pakistan were kept out of the loop because they have too many leaks.

This week, CIA director Leon Panetta, admitted there has been no information on Osama bin Laden’s whereabouts since “the early 2000′s.”

I love how that everyone who believes in conspiracies doesn't trust anything the Alphabet agencies publicly say yet you buy this line 100%. America have been tracking him down or years as well as his number 2.

The first article claimed that these terrorist threats never really existed. Wrong. They sprang up after the way the US handed over thousands of tonnes of equipment as well as training only for America to be turned on. You don't need an army to attack america or other western nations. Only the ability to inspire people disillusioned and easily swayed into becoming a martyr. Clearly Osama had this ability.

I love how that everyone who believes in conspiracies doesn't trust anything the Alphabet agencies publicly say yet you buy this line 100%. America have been tracking him down or years as well as his number 2.

Its funny people like you who will believe ever word of the government eh?

as for what you quoted

This week, CIA director Leon Panetta, admitted there has been no information on Osama bin Laden’s whereabouts since “the early 2000′s.”

It was a quoted by one CIA official a mouth word from the government

if you dont believe those links about this?
www.veteranstoday.com...

surely you will believes the .veterans.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
SkyNews just said they offered the body to Saudi Arabia and they didn't want it? Weird.

So of course burial at sea was the next logical choice. Did the family want this? That's the question.

Saudi Arabia has enough issues...they don't need a -new- mecca for symbol terrorism pilgrimages

however, we can also contemplate the conversation behind the scenes...the subtle influencing of them rejecting the body overall.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yep. Which might be another reason leading up to the burial at sea. I haven't seen where they're saying the family wished this, and to me that would be a number one logical thing to print in this story. It's odd is all.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry to repeat, but I gotta know if anyone has seen any MSM journalists that seem think that the story is lil' suspect?

I wonder how they are containing their suspician, as they must feel ridiculous having to report this BS story

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Yes, what you read is correct, once all (ALL) needed specimens are gathered and processing begins, you can have identification in about 5 to 7 hours,

I added a link earlier about getting results in 2-4 hours, so I do believe you.

RAPID DNA testing

If they knew they were going to kill OBL, they could have had his sisters brain DNA with them and done it right there. SO I don't think DNA testing is a problem with the story. Now, the only thing I am suspicious about is the sea burial. And of course, I want to see the pictures.

edit on 5/2/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
First post :-)

Sky News Correspondent Tim Marshall states via Twitter that OBL buried from the USS Carl Vinson in the North Arabian Sea.

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I guess now we can expect heightened security measures in the US....more TSA groping, more restrictions to our freedoms, more monitoring of our emails and phone calls.

Security Beefed Up on Subways, at Tri-State Airports, WTC Site
www.nbcnewyork.com...

U.S. issues travel alert after Osama bin Laden killing
www.reuters.com...

Terror Threat Remains as Bin Laden Likely to Inspire Attacks Even in Death
www.bloomberg.com...

Be careful what you ask for! Instead of relief this event seems to have the effect of instilling even more fear.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

So, you are all assuming that they carry an FBI lab in the ship? No travel time?

My gene scans had to be run three times.
edit on 2011/5/2 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

They KNEW they were going to kill him and I bet they also knew they were going to bury him at sea. This is the US military. They don't have to wait for anything they don't want to wait for.

link   
A viral from J.Ventura ....

link   

Ok, but how did they get Bin Laden`s DNA material to compare to the material from the corpse and confirm it was him?

link   
reply to post by Sparky63

And more laws to be added to the last string of "war on terror" related regulations by congress, more power for the elites and more profiting at the expenses of tax payers in the nation.

But is OK, is all for our safety.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent

Ok, but how did they get Bin Laden`s DNA material to compare to the material from the corpse and confirm it was him?

It's already been stated and reported on the news that they used the brain of his sister.

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join