It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm out guys. We can all sleep better knowing Obama is at the helm.

Osama is dead guys. Let's just accept that and move on to the rest of the terrorists out there. They are not going to stop even though their leader had a round put through his eye. They will keep coming so let's just get on board with rooting out the rest of them.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
One of his wives identified OSAMA.....first

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Obama speaking soon? just as Alex Jones comes on air for his show..

link   
We all agree Pakistan is birthplace of terrorism. It is country whose very foundation was based upon the fact that Muslims cannot live peacefully with other religions in India. Pakistan only survives through state sponsored terrorism. India, USA & Europe should just nuke every inch of pakistan for their own good.

link   

1652: There are photos of Osama Bin Laden's death, says the BBC's Katty Kay, at the Pentagon. But, she adds, the White House may fear that the images are too bloody to be seen.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
Mod Edit: Warning - Graphic Image - Not for sensitive readers

is this the pic of THEEE dead bin ladin www.a-w-i-p.com... yes, yes..you will have to spend a moment clicking the link..

this article is from 11/10.....the pic looks the same..or did the u.s. have a file photo of a dead bin ladin...

what do you think..
edit on 2-5-2011 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

A BBC correspondent said that they have pictures but are debating whether to release them, because they’re not at all pretty.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Obama about to speak at the Medal of Honor Ceremony at white house

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think it is amazing that they already have the DNA results saying it was OBL when it usually always takes time to get the results.

I hope this is truth but my gut is saying different right now to be honest

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
We all agree Pakistan is birthplace of terrorism. It is country whose very foundation was based upon the fact that Muslims cannot live peacefully with other religions in India. Pakistan only survives through state sponsored terrorism. India, USA & Europe should just nuke every inch of pakistan for their own good.

-blinks-

erm...no?

We first off don't agree pakistan is the birthplace of terrorism...terrorism comes from disparity and religious intolerance. Pakistan is just one of many front lines around the world...however, even if you make the front line glow, it won't change a thing..religious and economic injustice will continue and new front lines will be created.

nuke? naa...actually, if you wanted to eliminate terrorist mindsets, you would try to give people something worth living for verses something worth dying for.

The typical pakistani is just as normal and human as anyone else...wanting a job, a family, a laugh, etc...its only when people lose everything (often violently) when they turn to anger and hate.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread as it's massive but a few things i've been thinking about in this whole bin laden dead story.
As soon as it was on sky news i listened to the gist then came on here to get whats really going on,if there was a big compound in pakistan why has it taken this long for anybody to check it out ??
are the pictures were seeing of bin laden dead or are they just photoshops ??

the whole thing smells of something rotten but not quite sure yet.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I have looked online and found instances of DNA being received in 1 hour, so there is nothing unusual about that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

I have looked online and found instances of DNA being received in 1 hour, so there is nothing unusual about that.

Yeah, if you're watching Maury Povich

link   
The biggest concern about all of this is Pakistan's "involvement".

If you believe the reports they found Bin Laden not far outside of Islamabad. No way did the ISI and Pakistani authorities not know where he was. It's been known for years that the ISI has had links with Islamic fundamentalists (they helped the Taliban to win control of Afghanistan in the first place). Harbouring Bin Laden following 9/11 is something quite different though.

"The compound (where OBL was staying) is just "a stone's throw" and less than 200 yards from the Pakistan Military Academy, an elite military training centre, which is Pakistan's equivalent to Britain's Sandhurst, one local journalist from Abbottabad told the BBC. Other reports have put the distance at 800 yards."

There is not a facepalm in the world big enough to respond to that. I find it hard to believe that US didn't know where he was for years now, let alone Pakistan, having read that. OBL probably ran out of money to pay his bribes and they finally gave him up. Whatever happened, Pakistan is a shambles of a country and a ticking timebomb ready to go off. A country with nuclear weapons with people in important positions who clearly have sympathies with Al Qaeda, as shown by the way they harboured Bin Laden for christ knows how long. The phrase; "keep your friends close, your enemies closer" comes to mind.

link   
I don't really dig in too much in the middle east issue..

but now that he's dead and saddam's dead and iraq has no WMDs, what are they still doing in the middle east? Can someone enlighten me cause honestly, that war...that place have already caused a lot of unnecassary bloodshed on both sides.

Seems to me that everytime one problem's striked off in the middle east, another one already popped out closely beforehand. Now it's libya. After whoever is killed there, who/what's next? Looks like one-by-one, countries in the M.E are falling.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osama and the long lost BC found in a week. Can't wait for the next long lost find...

My money is on D. B. Cooper found for the second act, followed by Atlantis.They will have to bury them all at sea for no-one to see of course.

Drink it, it's good for you.

Who writes the scripts at the White House these days...J.D. Shapiro ?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
As an american(and a new yorker) it's really tantalizing to give in to the "official story" on OBL's death. it would be nice to think that this is a valid win for our spec-ops guys, it would be nice to think we struck a blow for justice. It would be nice.

I can see this thread is going all conspiratorial. I'll offer some brief inside baseball and then be on my way.

My brother is third tour with the special forces in Afghanistan stationed "near the Pakistani border". He has been less than chatty via email over the past few months and had explained the he was very busy with a "special project" he could not discuss. This is real.

He said that Pres. Obama has dedicated more resources and effort to finding OBL in the past year than the previous 9 years combined.

He knows a few of the Seals that were in on this operation.

I have corresponded with him this morning. This is not pretend. They got him.

link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Receiving DNA in one hour, yes.

Results from a DNA test in one hour? That I am not so sure about.

ETA: Buttercookie beat me to it.

edit on 2-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by lordvader
Pakistan only survives through state sponsored terrorism. India, USA & Europe should just nuke every inch of pakistan for their own good.

And with American tax payer bribery money, or do you think Pakistan can survive as is today without American tax dollar incentives and support.

Hey what can I say US corpocraps love to support terrorist countries.

We import their goods and train their "terrorist" I mean their military.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

To me, the burial at sea is the real fishy part (pardon the pun).... To me, this indicates he was killed previously, and the news was simply broken at a time when it would be of benefit. We'll probably never know the answers to all the red flags in this incident.

That is the side I lean heavily toward. I'm pretty sure he's been dead awhile. Like another poster mentioned, Benazir Buttho already declared him as dead, then she was killed. Not to mention no one took the time to even reject her claims. They basically acted like it never happened. To me, that suggests they didn't want to make a big hoot about her claims because they didn't want people remembering them, even if they would have rejected them, when it came time to officially declare him dead.
edit on Mon May 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join