It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bose donates majority of company’s stock to MIT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think Dr. Bose has done a really outstanding thing with this gift to MIT. I have always had at least one pair of Bose speakers in the house for the last 20 years or so and I've never been dissatisfied with any of them, but this kind of a gift shows what one man can accomplish towards making education affordable and economically efficient! Hey, all the rest of you rich folks, pay attention to this will ya ! ! ! ! !

edit on 1-5-2011 by CosmosKid because: Fix Link

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

yeah all you secret conspiracy theorist/multimillionaires who just happen to visit ats looking for ideas yeah

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
While I also applaud Bose for their donation and wish for others to do the same; I recalled an ATS thread that addressed some of the reasons:

The Superstition of State Education
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another of interest:

40 US billionaires pledge half of wealth to charity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid

I think Dr. Bose has done a really outstanding thing with this gift to MIT. I have always had at least one pair of Bose speakers in the house for the last 20 years or so and I've never been dissatisfied with any of them, but this kind of a gift shows what one man can accomplish towards making education affordable and economically efficient! Hey, all the rest of you rich folks, pay attention to this will ya ! ! ! ! !

edit on 1-5-2011 by CosmosKid because: Fix Link

OK for some but my question would be why MIT?

If there could really be some people to benefit from this, what about schools that have NO money or funding? MIT ain't broke.

What about scholarships for those that have no opportunities at other institutions?

Why MIT and not a College, University, Trade School etc, Public School even, that can REALLY use it?

Not trying to take away from it but I really think the donation would be more useful somewhere else.

Good Post.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Bose is the Antichrist of Audio.

new topics

top topics

join