It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PlayStation Network to return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A "Welcome Back" scheme offering free content to all subscribers, and a free 30-day subscription to PlayStation Plus, will form part of the restoration process.

I should think so, and i want more.

TOP B

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 1-5-2011 by TÖP_BÜZzËR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here is the thing about Playstation Plus. All psn+ content you downloaded with it is suspended once your subscription is over. So, this PSN+ is more or less like a 30 day advertisement rather than a gift to the user, due to all of the content that is exclusive being essentially locked until they actually decide to renew it after the first 30 days are over.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i just wanna play some black ops!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They could give everyone a free £10/$15/12 euro credit to their psn account then we could at least get a free ps1 game or some dlc.
edit on 1-5-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

That would be nice! i doubt they will tho

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just want to watch netflix! but I will take a free game

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

I've been watching netflix while the psn been down on my ps3... when you load up netflix, it will ask you to sign in. What you do when that happens is that you just press circle to cancel it, and it will finish loading up netflix. When the main menu comes up it will ask to sign in again, just press circle once more, and voila you can watch movies again!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhawk420

I've been watching netflix while the psn been down on my ps3... when you load up netflix, it will ask you to sign in. What you do when that happens is that you just press circle to cancel it, and it will finish loading up netflix. When the main menu comes up it will ask to sign in again, just press circle once more, and voila you can watch movies again!

Works for me, too. They should have really announced that little tip when they sent out the alert emails.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Too bad I canceled my Netflix subscription, I have such bad timing. I've been playing a lot of single player games now, specially Mortal Kombat, they need to hurry up and bring it back online, I want to fight some people already

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Fortunately for me, I already have playstation + so as I understand it I'll just be getting a month free.

Have any of you tried commenting on the psn blog? I haven't been able to sign into it since the outage, but there are hundreds of comments. Are you getting in another way? Or is sony creating their own comments?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by blackhawk420

Works for me, too. They should have really announced that little tip when they sent out the alert emails.

Tried that, but I go so long between tuening on, it always "requires an update"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Here is the thing about Playstation Plus. All psn+ content you downloaded with it is suspended once your subscription is over. So, this PSN+ is more or less like a 30 day advertisement rather than a gift to the user, due to all of the content that is exclusive being essentially locked until they actually decide to renew it after the first 30 days are over.

The content you DL while this offer lasts is yours to keep forever.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When it asked to connect to the internet I kept saying ok, which of course it wouldn't do, but after 5 or 6 times it bypassed on its own and let me into netflix. I even added a movie to my instant que from my computer and it was on my ps3.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

psn isnt giving a code anymore it says the server is under maintenance or some nonsense....

new topics

top topics

join