It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well looks like "V" is as good as dead... :(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

As finale time approaches, it's time to check in on the status of our beloved shows. Which shows are canceled? Which shows are on the bubble? How many shows have been renewed already? We've got your up-to-date guide on all things renewal for the five major networks: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and The CW. Check out the full lists below, broken down into six categories: renewed, likely to be picked up, on the bubble, too early to tell, as good as dead and canceled.

ABC RENEWED 'The Bachelor' 'The Bachelorette' 'Castle' 'Cougar Town' 'Grey's Anatomy' Castle'The Middle' 'Modern Family' 'Private Practice'
LIKELY 'Dancing With the Stars' 'Desperate Housewives' 'Body of Proof'
BUBBLE 'Better With You' 'Brothers & Sisters' 'Detroit 1-8-7' 'Mr. Sunshine' 'No Ordinary Family' 'Off the Map'
AS GOOD AS DEAD 'V'
TOO EARLY TO TELL 'Happy Endings'

"V" was the only drama or non reality show that I actually watched and once again they cancel it. WHY!!!! Some of the best shows on tv in history almost got cancelled in the beginning, Friends was one of them! Give it a chance! It's going to be replaced with some stupid reality show I feel it.

If you go to the link it tells you what shows stay and what goes....

Shows like the "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" get to stay! WTH!
I cant stand those shows. They are everything that is wrong with people and their views on relationships...NO WONDER divorce is high. Everyone thinks you can meet and fall in love in 6wks, get married and be happy with someone you just met on TV with 20 other women. YEAH RIGHT!

I remember when there were good shows on nightly to watch. Now it's nothing but reality shows, dating shows, people acting like fools shows (Jersey Shore and the like), contest shows, shows where celebs try and act like they are still relevant. I mean seriously!

What happened to shows like Family Ties, Cosby Show, Facts of Life, Life Goes On, Wonder Years and so on..You get my drift...

I don't even watch tv anymore, it's too annoying. I LOVE the History Channel but they gave Larry the Cable Guy a show and I was DONE...until Ancient Aliens comes back. SyFy sold out as well with WWE on Friday's.

Good old tv programming is DEAD!

For those who watched "V" what are your thoughts? Will you miss it?

source

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Are you freaking serious?!?!?!

Other than Fringe, that was my favorite show! Stupid reality TV shows keep taking over. I hope another network is smart and picks it up.

My DVR is crying.

edit on 1-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They must have done a bad job promoting the second season. I watched the first season and loved it but never even knew there was a second season.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by STL0913
They must have done a bad job promoting the second season. I watched the first season and loved it but never even knew there was a second season.

Yeah, it snuck in and then snuck out just as quickly.. our DVR stopped recording episodes and we never figured out what happened. This sucks.. they keep all their crap shows and cancel the only good show they produced? *bleh*

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Other than Fringe, that was my favorite show! Stupid reality TV shows keep taking over. I hope another network is smart and picks it up.

My DVR is crying.

edit on 1-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

I haven't seen Fringe since I missed the first couple seasons. I am going to borrow my friends DVDs. I KNOW I will love that show. I have watched "V" and "The Event" since they started.

I WISH SyFy would pick it up. If they knew what was good for them they would. I mean they have WWE on Friday nights! That use to be movie night!!!

If SyFy picked up "V" the fans who have disowned them might come back

I prefer Chiller Network now over Syfy or any other channel to be honest...

Yes reality TV IS taking over and it's pathetic. I am sorry but anyone who goes on a reality show is a bit of a narcissist imo. They obviously need attention. I mean what self respecting person goes on national tv to act a fool?! Ugh!

I don't have a DVR but I am crying

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by STL0913

They kept moving the dates and times around. That is what happened. It was ridiculous!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
After canceling FireFly....it was all downhill from there.

Couldn't even get to finish SG Atlantis...ARRGGHH!

I give up.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thank god
. it was such a bad show.
It's ok blah, they will brainwash you some more with a new show *cough* event *cought*

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I give up.

Ditto. Anything good, they just get shot of it. Reality shows really blow as well.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I give up.

I LOVED Atlantis! I was so mad when they cancelled that!

I miss my John Sheppard

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
V is awesome, it cant be dead!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
Thank god
. it was such a bad show.
It's ok blah, they will brainwash you some more with a new show *cough* event *cought*

Pro don't make me kick you

Brainwash?
You do know "V" is a remake right?

I like "The Event," I will watch any show where aliens are involved in the story line.

Oh god if they ever cancel Ancient Aliens I will throw my tv out the window WITH my laptop haha

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Just started watching V online. Yeeha, no ads!

I haven't watch the television in two years, or should I say commercialvision. There are some websites that post shows with ads, but the ads are only 30 seconds long.

I'll especially miss Caprica (syfy), and Smallville. I don't know if some of my shows are on hiatus or cancelled. Like: Being Human, Haven, SG Universe.

I am sooo sick of cop shows, romance and reality shows.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I LOVED Atlantis! I was so mad when they cancelled that!

Walmart (at least mine) has brand new copies of all seasons of SG:Atlantis for $15/piece for each season. I picked up all 5 seasons. Once Walmart gets SG:Universe for the same price, I'll have every single episode of Stargate that was ever released.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I give up.

Atlantis was the only Stargate I couldn't get into. The characters just didn't appeal to me.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Just started watching V online. Yeeha, no ads!

I haven't watch the television in two years, or should I say commercialvision. There are some websites that post shows with ads, but the ads are only 30 seconds long.

I'll especially miss Caprica (syfy), and Smallville. I don't know if some of my shows are on hiatus or cancelled. Like: Being Human, Haven, SG Universe.

I am sooo sick of cop shows, romance and reality shows.

SG Universe is getting cancelled too. It is still on. I don't know if the final episode has aired yet. I tried to get into it but I couldn't. I might buy the DVD"s at some point when they are on sale and watch it at once.

Being Human is still on. I have watched it...Haven I haven't heard of.

Where do you watch them at?

Oh on that site it said Smallville is done too
but I figured it was about time. That show has been on forever! I watched it when it started.. I missed a season or two and was lost after that. I really wanted to watch it because James Marsters who played Spike on Buffy was on it!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
ofcourse they left a huge cliffhanger in the season 2 finale, and now they cancel it?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by iamhobo

Other than Fringe, that was my favorite show! I haven't seen Fringe since I missed the first couple seasons. I am going to borrow my friends DVDs.

Why wait for DVD's when all the episodes are online?
tv.blinkx.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mesaana
ofcourse they left a huge cliffhanger in the season 2 finale, and now they cancel it?

They did the same exact thing with Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I loved the HELL outta that series. They've done the same thing with many other series. They don't care about us or what we want to watch.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I agree Atlantis sucked,

shoulda just been real.

Stargate: the mad grab for more cash.

SyFy chnnl is total toilet tv. like I guess you watch it if you don't have the internet and are forced to mess with the cable tv.

ps: netflix pwns.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join