It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the dates of posting written backwards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thought writing the date was universal as Month/Day/Year. Here it's Day/Month/year. Why?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hi jigger,

As far as i am aware you can change the date format in your settings..

Much Love

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Something about European dating.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The format can be specified in your account settings (eg dd/mm/yyyy) along with 12 or 24 hour time display. It's very flexible allowing virtually any combination eg yy/mm/dd or mm/dd/yyyy works if you'd like it that way.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
reply to post by jiggerj

Hi jigger,

As far as i am aware you can change the date format in your settings..

Much Love

That did it. Thank you so much. I never bothered checking my date format on this because I didn't think I had control on how the date appeared on other people's posts. Thanks again!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This website: php.net...

...has the php format code letters.

Click on "TOOLS" above, to open you Account Settings.

I use " j F Y" as a preference. It is day, month spelled out, and full four-digit year number. No commas.

edit on 1 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah america and england have different date formats

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
America is the only country I know of that uses mm/dd/yy.

Sigh.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Following on from the date thing, can anyne tell me why I can't change
my timezone ?
I aint in Ryhad or Moscow ! When I change it to Dublin, London etc and press submit ,
it immediately refers back to Moscow, etc etc !

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I started thinking it makes more sense to go YYYY/MM/DD ... because then they would automatically put themselves in numerical/chronological order, for example if you have files that are dated like that.

Maybe that's just me.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
well its universal in the states only, the rest of the world does day/month/year ....universally normal running order that is

as the others said, change it in your settings

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Timezone? Have seen many others with problems on that.

I just moved from East to West Coast, USA....and had no prob, re-setting the timezone in the Account Settings.

(Oddly...I just went ahead and selected "GMT -8"....it automatically corrects for our "Daylight Savings" as it's called, here. Sometimes, if the programs aren't keen, I have to allow for the hour, and choose "-7" instead. Anyway, other countries call it "Summer Time", or some such...if they even ever recognize the silly and annoying semi-annual "change"....).

Helps if you are aware of GMT, and your specific timezone in relation to it...might help in trouble-shooting.

edit on 1 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Thought writing the date was universal as Month/Day/Year. Here it's Day/Month/year. Why?

It's not universal.

In the states, it is usually month, day, year. In many other places it is day month year.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I started thinking it makes more sense to go YYYY/MM/DD ... because then they would automatically put themselves in numerical/chronological order, for example if you have files that are dated like that.

That's the method I've always used for database records and all software I write that auto-creates a filename based on the current date/time, because it makes a unique filename and chronological sorting is easy.

eg yyyymmddhhmm

top topics

join