It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi, everyone. After lurking for a couple weeks, I decided to join up. I am a full-time writer from Illinois. I have always had an interest in UFOs and the paranormal, due, I'm sure, to a couple incidences in my past.

When I was really young, my mother and father were driving home from Grandma's house at night and we saw something sitting in a field. It was dome-shaped and seemed to have honeycomb shaped panels, very bright, with scintillating colors. Dad pulled over and got out while Mom yelled at him to stay in the car. I remember that he walked out into the field a few steps and then I, being about four or five, stuck my face in Mom's chest out of fear. That's where the memory ends. I asked my Mom about the incident a couple years ago, and she says all she remembers is driving into a "white mist" that was very solid, like a wall. I think there is more to the incident, but I believe the memories were edited out.

Nothing else paranormal happened to me for 34 years, then last winter, about two years ago, I noticed something flashing in the sky. It was right after Christmas, and I had gotten my son a telescope, so I looked out at it and what I saw was a pill-shaped craft of some sort with a slick metallic surface. The surface of the "thing" glowed, and the light sort of rippled across it in a repeating pattern that reminded me of how some jellyfish will blink and flash. It was absolutely stationary. I watched it for a couple hours, then went inside. Later that night, it was gone. I have no idea what it was, but it was clear enough for me to tell it was no airplane or weather balloon.

Anyway, those are my tales. I have no explanations or evidence, only my testimony, and what I THINK they were. I am open-minded but skeptical, and will look for the most logical explanation before jumping to conclusions. I do believe, however, that the governments of the world have been hiding the truth due to the impact it would have on politics, banking and religion.

Just wanted to introduce myself and share my stories.

RR

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Cool stories friend. Ever think about going to try and get those memories extracted via therapy or anything? Well, good luck with everything and welcome to ATS. Oh, and hello from Illinois here too!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interesting story, greetings and welcome to the site.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MakeSoap
Cool stories friend. Ever think about going to try and get those memories extracted via therapy or anything? Well, good luck with everything and welcome to ATS. Oh, and hello from Illinois here too!

I'm not too sure I would want to remember everything. I've always had the impression it wasn't too pleasant, whatever it was that happened that night. My mother agrees with that. She remembers driving home, and her "white wall" and says that she remembers being very scared.

Of course, our fear would really have nothing to do with whether any malice was intended toward us. People naturally fear the unknown. It's instinctive.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rodredux

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

new topics

top topics

join