It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Software that lets anyone download the entire contents of you iphone in 15 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well when I say anyone I mean anyone that belongs to a government agency. as "Lantern 2" the software that lets people do this is only sold to government agencies. It doesnt matter if your phone is locked either, just plug in a cable and away you go

The data they can retrieve includes

An entire minute by minute chronology of my text exchanges. Every picture I'd ever taken. My bookmarks. My cookies. Every Skype call I've ever placed. My entire Facebook friend list. Every cell tower my phone has touched, with longitude and latitude coordinates.

Link to video

So everything you have ever said to your friends, and a trace of everywhere your phone has ever been
These ridiculous security issues with iphones just seem to keep getting worse day after day. Even George Orwell would be impressed with this one though.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Iphone or smart phone's spying..never...

Nice thread.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well when I say anyone I mean anyone that belongs to a government agency. as "Lantern 2" the software that lets people do this is only sold to government agencies. It doesnt matter if your phone is locked either, just plug in a cable and away you go

The data they can retrieve includes

An entire minute by minute chronology of my text exchanges. Every picture I'd ever taken. My bookmarks. My cookies. Every Skype call I've ever placed. My entire Facebook friend list. Every cell tower my phone has touched, with longitude and latitude coordinates.

Link to video

So everything you have ever said to your friends, and a trace of everywhere your phone has ever been
These ridiculous security issues with iphones just seem to keep getting worse day after day. Even George Orwell would be impressed with this one though.

could be fixed easily with a jailbroken phone.. I already have an icon on my iphone to do cleanup maintenance when I'm too lazy ... deletes my sms history and empties the photo album.. I do that after I retrieved anything I want, it's much faster to press the button than to delete them via windows.. and there's no need to keep sms history forever so I have a button to null out my sms sqlite database.

If you have a jailbroken phone and a bit of unix/linux/bsd knowledge you can mitigate such a thing.. or just not get yourself in trouble to the point they'd want to do that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That is amazing. The world we live in today...

I am pretty sure society is going to have to change for the positive out of necessity simply because of the internet and programming/hacking in general.

Not to mention 3-D printing which is going to completely revolutionize labor and production in the world. It will eliminate factories, which also means tens of millions of jobs will be lost (And these numbers are referring to America). Imagine what 3-D printing means for China, where a majority of the massive populations monetary compensation relies on manufacturing.
(Video on 3-D Printing)
www.youtube.com...

But to get back on topic,

this is just another example of a factor that I think is going to contribute to a necessary adaption of the major institutions of society like labor, finance, and even government.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sure that the highest levels of CIA, MI5, KGB etc can and have been able to do this all along, regardless of what phone you have.. And can be done remotely, they don't even have to plug it into a computer.
Were all basically walking around with trackers, bugging devices and spy equipment in our pockets.. And were perfectly happy and willing to do this..

edit on 1/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
While this is horrible, it really only benefits the local authorities. The federal authorities can get all of that information anyway, as everything that gets sent over the internet backbone is snooped on by the NSA. This is in addition to the large corporations selling your info. Big Brother is watching and there isn't anything you can do about it. Ignorance is what has gotten us here and submissiveness and complacency is what keeps us here.

--airspoon

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
im surprised it hasnt been leaked out yet. I checked all my usual sites and I did not see the program on there. Maybe I need to dig a little bit to find it....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure, 'cause I don't think I've been jaded by ATS THAT much, that everyone already knows that phones ARE the manifestation of RFID tracking that people have been warning us about all these years.

They told us RFID would be a cattle brand, or a mark, or rice-sized chip to keep us distracted and ignorant of what they were colluding in the background while we were worried about ghosts. And hey, as long as these gadgets and technologies allowed us to be more "Lazy" as Americans, first we bought it (at high price) and swallowed the whole 'tracking-snooping-invasion of privacy' package hook, line and sinker. Hell I doubt most if any of the kids now know where the phrase hook, line and sinker came from?

Fairly good proof that not all of them at the top are stupid TV puppets, as some of them clearly know exactly what they're doing.

new topics

top topics

join