It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass demonstration planned for Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Mass demonstration planned to shut down Manhattan, including a mass "die in"....

Hmmm.... wouldnt that be the most oppotune time for a terrorist strike? Lots of civlians in public, close together, mass disruption and hysteria already providing excellent cover, with police and law enforcement assets stretched very very thin....

www.villagevoice.com...

AF1

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I agree it would be a perfect oppurtunity for a terrorist attack. But the terrorists will probably not attack these people, they will most likely attack elsewhere. Most of the police that are regularly used to help with security in the city, will be stuck babysitting to make sure that this protest doesn't get out of hand. What happens if their is another attack and the proper Emergency personell can't get their?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I agree with AF1 that if it were real terrorists they probably wouldnt attack those sympathetic to this war. However, who's to say that there wouldnt be 'another Pearl Harbor type event' to rally the people to the war's cause? read into it what you will.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It would be perfect for a terroist attack. I mean we have anti-war loonies distracting the police and some terroist just has to sttrap a bomb on himself and blow up the Satue of Liberty or the Empire State building. Actualy I 'm quite glad I did'nt go on that trip to New York City today. I'd get arrested for fighting some anti-war nut.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What makes you guys think they pick people to kill based on thier view of the war? We are all "infidels" in their eyes and this would be an ideal opportunity for a terrorist attack. Not to mention, as already said, the emergency personnel taken away from preventing an attack to try and keep these people in line. Of course these people have every right to do this, but not a very good idea in my eyes.

top topics

join