It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concern along the New Madrid Fault due to flooding

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

What really concerns me is they are going to put 250 tons of explosives in a pipe under Bird Point Levee, That sounds a bit extreme. Plus all of the water has already soaked way into the ground, it is already unstable. For it to be in a pipe will make the energy a lot more consentrated than just packing it into the side of the levee. Plus they are lying and telling on some sites that the explosives will be above ground. What in the world kind of security question could there be with the River Flood map? It is all sounding a bit way to strange, that they are not being honest with the public. And thank you for your concern, It means a lot.
I just feel like we are all getting set up.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My local news in Kansas City had a story on kids having earthquake drills. They ducked and covered just like in those old nuke cold war films . Then the reporter said we have a 20%-40% of having an earthquake. We are pretty far from New Madrid actually about 5 hours away.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I couldn't get into the link - a very important thing
for people to know and its not available

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I can vouch for one thing...
in the right hands, explosives can do all sorts of tricks...
My father was involved in several jobs that require excavating earth and making roads and coal mining...
He worked with explosive from time to time...
He knew what he was doing...
So hopefully the ones responsible for this explosion know what they are doing...

but 250 tons... not doubting you... can you get me a source on that?

Cos... I've seen much less move a lot more dirt...

250 tons is a bit extreme...

something is amiss here...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ya i saw the 250 tons also and thought that was a little too extreme to be doing what is needed. But here is the link Corps general orders barges in position for possible Birds Point levee breach

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I see someone put up the quote here is the link:

www.semissourian.com...

****ALERT**** President Obama is having a Press Conference at ""9:30 Tonight"""

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

FOX News: "This speech by Obama is about National Security????"
2nd line

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Osama is dead....

Big news... I know... I even started a thread about it...

but I see this as a distraction...
to keep our attention away from that levee

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry everyone...

i've looked for pictures of the Birds Point Levee...

But i can't find any... i hate dial up internet!
lol

can anyone post a pic or send me in the right direction?

and thank you relyt for posting that link

edit on 5/1/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This speech is making me sick (Obama on Osama).....the reaction of the reporters and the public partying outside the whitehouse make me feel ill.

This is something that is like a well-orchestrated drama meant to play out just the way they want it to. Now he (Obama)is taking credit for it too. Hmmm.....

Meanwhile, the BC questions get burried, the earthquakes and floods get burried and we can go on watching stories about the 'wedding' and the 'death of Osama'.

So how many headlines will the blasting of the levee make tomorrow (if they do it), and the flooding of pretty much the whole midwest and New madrid fault zone?????
edit on 1-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I actually got kinda scared about the surprise presidential address...
first time I was worried, actually...

I was actually hoping for "Aliens are real" type of event, lol

Osama Bin Laden... to be honest part of me cares... the other part doesnt...

People actually believe him to be their enemy... thats why they are called "sheeple"

Still waiting on that Levee picture... once I see it, I can try to understand why 250 tons of explosive is being used...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ok... I found a picture of the levee... not the best...

but that levee is pretty big...

so i can see why they are using 250 tons...

but I gotta tell ya... that area thats going to remain underwater for a very long time...

i bet they won't ever rebuild that levee... so when the waters do finally reside...

I wouldnt want to live there... that is if you could live there afterwards...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

. I also think its a distraction from the leve. Its good that we have this site to keep everyone informed. Stay safe everyone

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Dam! I've been saying for a few days now that all this flooding/tornado action would be the perfect 1-2 punch for setting off New Madrid. I would say it will happen before or around the NLE 11

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sure this is going to save some major or larger cities but in places like Branson Missouri we are losing homes and properties already from the flooding we have been experiencing in the past week and a half, when this happens we may see flooding like never before. I think blasting is a stupid move and far to permanent if there is a major problem which there is going to be imo.

I will let you guys know how this affects us here in Mid Missouri as I am sure it is going to.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I agree totally, Just a distraction from something? Osama had to be dug up to get the body, the man died in Dec. 10, 2001. I thought it would at least be about all the flooding and disaster that is going on, but not even a word about that. I want to know just when do they plan to blow the Levee, I want to have my car full of gas and packed. If anyone finds out please post it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Yes!
If anyone knows when they plan on blowing the levee...

POST IT!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The Corps of Engineers has finally given a statement in regards to the questions and concerns surrounding the New Madrid Fault. This is from the Birds Point New Madrid Floodway Joint Information Center's Facebook page.

Many of you have asked about impact on New Madrid fault line if we decide to operate the floodway. During the development of the operating plan, Corps geophysical scientists determined there would be no impacts.

source

I hope and pray that they are right.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First, educate yourself. Buy a pack of "water bomb" firecrackers, a concrete block, and a 5-gallon pail. Light one firecracker atop the block, and RUN. You may see smoke and you may get a singe on the block, but likely not. Light one and toss in the bucket *full of water*, and RUN. You will get up to a 6-foot fountain of water, depending on which firecracker brand purchased. The more pressure, the bigger the explosion. Same goes for quakes: the more pressure, the worse it is. Last New Madrid quakes rung bells in Massachusetts and beyond.
By now you should see that if they put the slurry near the top and expect results, they are idiots. No, worse: idiots who SHOULD know better.
Now wiki fracking. Now search for news of quakes in Arkansas over the last 18 months, see also fracking. Check a map to find that those quake centers are a modern rifle-shot from New Madrid's center. Search usgs.gov to find status/history of Waverly, TN, seismograph, roughly the same distance as AK quakes on the other side of the fault. Hint: it's been so active lately it's been kicking itself offline at times.
I know 4 demolition guys, 3 trained with the ACoE, all of whom have worked in the New Madrid area. All say the stated amount [250] is more than TWICE too much, IF the levee is at full strength, IF they put everything in the pipes they say they plan to use, and IF they use gelignite, and not more powerful. They [and many more] say the levee is already weakened, so more overkill. Did anyone notice that those pipes were already there? And empty, making them weaker?
California is sandstone. New Madrid is mostly bedrock covered by varying depths of mud.
This will NOT be good. The flooded areas need relief, OF COURSE, but this is not the right way.
Last I heard, they plan to blow it May 4th, if it still seems needed, but will blow it anytime after that if the waters rise so much.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nades0r

Correction: www.westport-news.com...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join