It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: What the F###? DNC Director Looking for the Balloons After the Kerry Speech, Heard Live

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Stern would get fined up chute for it, no doubt.

I think it's funny. To me, if that's the biggest problem they had, they should be thankful because of the sheer volume of people and security involved. Woulda been funnier if he'd threatened to come up there and shove those balloons up somebody's ___ if they didn't drop NOW!!!

I don't think it's anything to do with conspiracy either on the part of the right or CNN. It was a screw-up. Plain and simple. Wasn't supposed to happen, but happened. We shouldn't even know this guy's name, and wouldn't, if there hadn't been an gaff, but there was. Too bad. Who cares? Only people watching CNN would have seen it anyway.

Besides, there's still a chance that Bush will fall off of something at the Republican Convention. Just hang tight!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've worked in production for a few years and I've also done live tapings. Most likely what happened was, CNN and the production crew were using the RF wireless intercoms and for some reason the channels were set wrong so CNN picked up the production frequency... either that or they just got crossed.... lol someone is paying for that and probably lost there job

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Wow, I am suprised that someone or anyone was even watching CNN yet alone Kerry's speech!

What I watched was a re-run..It was a good speech. On Fox, partly,
and on C-span..
I never heard the f-bomb, different channels I was watching.

But there was plenty of cross-talk on those channels too..more in the background though...

I'm more upset that no one commented on my earlier post...LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't find this too extreme. IMO Mrs. Kerry's comment to "shove it" was a little bit more damaging.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As a balloon professional, I can tell you the dirty secret about this balloon drop. The Democrats only allow minorities to bid on this event, regardless of experience. They filled 100' long bags, which are dangerous at best to work, for many reasons. They also paid $250,000 for 100,000 balloons,and confetti. The last time in LA they paid $150,000 for 150,000 balloons and confetti.
So they overpay, unqualified people, and the end result is 1/3 of the balloons left on the ceiling, and a general failure of the effect.

If they can't even handle a balloon drop, how can they run the country?
BTW you will see a perfect drop in NY next month.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
PT---

FINALLY! Some meat to this story. Look at the truth being revealed here. The DNC wasting money on sub-par balloon drops at elevated fees probably fueled through special interest groups and chronyism...

AND TO THINK WE WANT THEM RUNNING OUR COUNTRY!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is a lot of wasted effort on both sides during these elections. The clear truth is that whichever convention has the most balloons, wins the election everytime.

1980 Jimmy Carter- balloons failed completely
1984 Reagan -250,000 balloons -world record - landslide
1990 Bush - 150,000 Dukakis - 75,000
1992 Ross Perot - anomoly - no balloons at convention skewed results
1996 - Dole - 50,000 - Clinton - 150,000
2000 Gore - 150,000 Bush - 150,000 - Florida fiasco

Coincidence? I don't think so, Where's my Black Helicopter?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is fascinating...by chance, can you give us an insider hint at whether Bush's balloon count will be greater than Kerry's???

What a scoop THAT would be?

[edit on 7-31-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Should be 100,000, however if they all work then it would indicate that even though Bush didn't have a clear lead, the Dems screwed up the election on their on because of how they do things.

Do me a favor though and keep this on the QT, if the convention directors figure this out, they'll fill the rooms from floor to ceiling with balloons and the cost fo injured cuticles could be epidemic.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You know, I think this is a very bad move on the part of the GOP. They're just setting themselves up for the Democrats to cause doubts in the election results again. There should be a very CLEAR and indisputable mandate via their balloon count.

I'm wondering if adding a couple of tons of dangling chads would help?

hmmm...they could probably get them for free from Jed.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
PT- You're making a racist assumption. And you except us to take you at your word with no support evidence.

The Democrats only allow minorities to bid on this event, regardless of experience. ... So they overpay, unqualified people, and the end result is 1/3 of the balloons left on the ceiling, and a general failure of the effect.

There is no correlation between minorities, which can be experienced and inexperienced, and unqualified people. Perhaps these people can deal with 100 foot bags, and you can not. Do you know for sure that it was the minorities that decided to go with 100 foot bags? More often than not, 9 times out of 10, it's white people at the top, making decisions like that. Who knows. But your attitude is insulting. If you included some evidence, however, I would be signing a different tune.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
PT---

Don't let ktpr distract you...the real issue here is the balloon count.

This is a typical tactic of "the other side"....he's playing the race card.

[edit on 7-31-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree, they need to up the numbers to 150,000, and include 5' balloons which will dwarf the 3' the dems used. This should be a death knell in the hearts of the democrats, leaving the door wide open for Hillary to run in 2008 after she loses to Guilino (sp?) in 06. Come to think of it, was that Bill on the catwalks Thursday? maybe he learned the SECRET of the LATEX and tried to skew the outcome of the election on the QT.

Darn it, where's my black helicopter?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The fact is that making this silly "could happen at any convention" balloon thing a BIG DEAL goes to show you how desperate Republicans are at the moment. Kerry gave a very outstanding speech, full of substance, enough to make his critics skin crawl...so they pick on his wrinkles, the balloons, Teresa's makeup and all the trivial things having NOTHING to do with what kind of a president will he make, and his promises to SAVE this nation from the present-time boogie GOP! I am fair, for every ONE thing I find wrong with Kerry, I find 5 WRONG with Bush & Co. You cannot change my mind anymore than i can change yours, however people, you should pray real hard that mr. Bush does not get re elected- for the sake of our great country.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The fact is that making this silly "could happen at any convention" balloon thing a BIG DEAL goes to show you how desperate Republicans are at the moment.

Might I direct you to the beginning of this thread, you will find that the Dems were the ones who forgot Kerry's speech and "lost it" because of the baloon fiasco.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Please do not twist the meaning of my post
The second the Kerry speech was over, Drudge and many other REPUBLICANS didnt miss a beat and started smearing what would have been a very dignified speech by the next real president of the United States.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
CNN is sabotaging Kerry's speech! I don't see how this isn't intentional sabotage!

yeah CNN is sabotaging kerry speech when they ARE ONE OF THE MOST LIBERAL news networks on TV.

you make me laugh.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Please do not twist the meaning of my post
The second the Kerry speech was over, Drudge and many other REPUBLICANS didnt miss a beat and started smearing what would have been a very dignified speech by the next real president of the United States.

As I have posted the night of the speech, I thought Kerry delivered it well, since I don't read the Drudge report I can't comment on your claim. I still do not understand why malfunctioning balloons, and an cursing "balloon master" could be interpreted as minimizing Kerry's presentation, his speech was over, and any one with common sense realizes that the balloon debacle means nothing, anyone claiming otherwise is fooling themselves.

I misunderstood where your original comments were directed, and thought you might have missed the beginning of the thread, now that you have clarified your positon, I fully understand your first post.

Thanks for clearing that up...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ktprktpr,
Kind of surprising to be accused of rascism, then you generalize that 90% of the time it's white people at the top. But since you need evidence, I will refer you to the Hispanic chamber of commerce website and a quote by someone who didn't get chosen last time in LA when he was sure he should get it because he was Hispanic and that met all the requirements that the Dems put up.

On second thought, no I won't. You can look for it since you need to also prove that 90% of the time it's whites on top.

As far as this being the only thing we Repblicans are jumping on, we all fell asleep during the speech, even when we tivo'd it. So it's kind of hard to comment on the speech.

And you still fail to realize that the size of the drop is the final indicator of who will win. It's a sure thing, so bet on it.

And 100 foot bags are hard to work with because of a little thing called friction, which is universal, but in typical liberal fashion you shoot off at the mouth trying to sound intelligent, and you know nothing of what you talk about.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by PTBalloon]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm wondering if adding a couple of tons of dangling chads would help?

hmmm...they could probably get them for free from Jed.

And if he's fresh out of them, maybe Jeb could kick in a few.

I am truly fascinated by this balloon count thing. I must make sure that Ed Gillespie and Karl Rove are aware of it; it's just too good to pass up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join