It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive before / after satellite pictures of the Alabama tornado destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just found these amazing, and considering the loss of life, tragic pictures of devastation caused by the tornadoes in Alabama
link
You can drag the middle bar right or left to see the before and after comparisons.

Coming from a country where the worst weather he get is a small amount of snow these pictures just blow my mind, it looks like the earth has literally been vacuum cleaned The first picture where a whole shopping center and car park have literally vanished is truly terrifying
edit on 1-5-2011 by davespanners because: added

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's terrible.

But in the first photo, on the right hand side, how does a carpark magically appear after the tornado's? It's grass in the before shot, then after there's a carpark there :/

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
That's terrible.

But in the first photo, on the right hand side, how does a carpark magically appear after the tornado's? It's grass in the before shot, then after there's a carpark there :/

Theres 5 years difference between the pics (2006 and 2011)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I am aware of the horror and devastation that has taken place in the south.

However, the presentation from the link you provided was like a hammer over the head.

Most graphic imagery I've seen of the aftermath hands down yet.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Looks like the pics of before and after iraq. Looks like God is exacting revenge on behalf of the meek. If you are an American and you let the Iraq war happen you are just as responsible as the one pulling the trigger.

God helps the weak

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Looks like the pics of before and after iraq. Looks like God is exacting revenge on behalf of the meek. If you are an American and you let the Iraq war happen you are just as responsible as the one pulling the trigger.

God helps the weak

Oh please. That is just plain ignorant twaddle. Enough of this god/revenge bull#.
Tornadoes are natural phenomena.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Dates are wrong

you can see on the left on the second picture near the bottom a green house with a no addition to it, on the after picture it has a new addition added to the house, not something that fell on the house, they didn't build that in 30 days

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

God helps the weak

Oh please. That is just plain ignorant twaddle. Enough of this god/revenge bull#.
Tornadoes are natural phenomena.

God controls nature, he created the natural laws of physics. It is not ignorant.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I feel very lucky to be alive. The tornado touched down only a mile away from where I live. It's never happened that close before. It was really a wake-up call and our family has decided that we will leave in the opposite direction of the tornado in advance the next time one is coming. It's better than just crouching under the stairs hoping to survive.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

God controls nature, he created the natural laws of physics. It is not ignorant.

You can believe that if you will, but from my position, a 'god' isn't necessary, and if this hypothetical s/he controls nature then s/he's a bastard prick for causing all this hurt and pain. Compassion and forgiveness my arse.

OP: Those are very sobering pictures. There have been a few 'before and after' photo sets recently that really force home the power of Nature. We live on such a dynamic planet, so many complex systems interacting and I'm afraid we will see more of this sort of thing as the Human animal population grows and we further expand our dwelling zones into marginal areas.

new topics

top topics

join