It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
ELOQUENT FACTS OF THE SOCIALIST LIBYA:
* Libya GDP per capita - $ 14,192
* Libyan Unemployment benefit - $ 730
* Each Libyan family member subsidized by the state gets annually $ 1.000
* Salary for nurses - $ 1.000
* For every newborn in Libya is paid $ 7.000
* Libyan bride and groom receive a $ 64 thousand to purchase flats.
* Major taxes and levies prohibited.
* To open a personal business a one-time financial assistance of $ 20.000
* Education and medicine are free in Libya.
* Educ.Internships abroad - at government expense.
* Stores for large families with symbolic prices for basic foodstuffs.
* Part of pharmacies - with free dispensing.
* Loans for buying a car and an apartment - no interest.
* Real estate services are prohibited.,
* Buying a car up to 50% paid by the State.
* No Payment for electricity for the population in Libya.
* Sales and use of alcohol is prohibited.
* Petrol is cheaper than water. 1 liter of gasoline - $ 0.14.
The United States removed Gaddafi's regime, after 27 years, from its list of states sponsoring terrorism.
On October 16, 2007, Libya was elected to serve on the United Nations Security Council for two years starting in
In February 2009, Gaddafi was selected to be chairman of the African Union for one year.
In 2009 the United Kingdom and Libya signed a prisoner-exchange agreement and then Libya requested the transfer of the convicted Lockerbie bomber, who finally returned home in August 2009.