It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis off the west cost of Ireland Part 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
You never heard of Ogygia?
en.wikipedia.org...

You never heard of Hyperborea?
en.wikipedia.org...

Remind me, which of the above is a sunken island-continent peopled by a warlike race of conquerors, as described by Plato? (I'm assuming here you've read Plato - but you don't sound like you have.)

You never heard of Thule?
en.wikipedia.org...

Have you? The first mention of Thule in ancient literature came after Plato wrote Timias and Critias.

Ogygia and Hyperboria, neither of which resemble Atlantis and neither of which is associated with a story resembling the story of Atlantis, were mythical.
Thule is not.

Again, no mention of Atlantis, or anything even resembling Atlantis, in all of Greek Mythology. None.

Originally posted by LUXUSThe Egyptian High Priest had told Solon the story of Atlantis and since the high priests are the keepers of Egyptian history then how can you say the Egyptians don't have a mythology like Atlantis when we actually got it from them?

We actually didn't get it from them, that's how. We got it from Plato telling a story through one of his characters who claimed his father told him that his grandfather had told him that he heard the story from Solon. During a festival. A festival known for telling tall tales of morality to children that were coming of age.

No evidence of any such story has ever been found or even hinted at in actual Egyptian mythology.
None.

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by LUXUS

I'll give you a tip, ignore harte and also byrd if she decides to contribute to this thread...

If you read through my Sphinx thread you will notice that all they tried to do was derail it and thought they were

''know it alls''

Ignore me and Byrd, eh?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!"

Wallow in your own ignorance all you want. Ignore me if you want. But you'd better not look into the facts concerning what I post. You might have to give up your fantasy world when you find that everything I've said is true. So, to preserve your sparkly-fairy worldview, ignore me by all means. God forbid you should learn something.

But Byrd is a Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology. Possibly already has her PhD, I've not been keeping up.

So, basically you're saying "Ignore everything that's been discovered about the ancient world and, in the meantime, give me some stars, flags and hits on my sphinx thread, where I shamelessly espouse the theory of Robert Schoch, and cling desperately to the thrice-disproven yammerings of a fraudulent fellonious sideshow spirit medium."

Dont stress and dont give up on your beleifs

Give up beliefs that are not based in fact. What the poster has said about Plato is demonstrably false. Right there in Plato's own writing.

Now, anyone can read Plato and do their own interpretation. But you can't make up things that aren't in there and then claim it's your "belief."

It may be a "belief," but it's not in Plato.

I want to ask harte a direct question:

What makes you such an expert on Ancent Culture or Ancient Egyptian Culture?

Years of hard work and study, unlike you, who copy's and pastes your beliefs from a couple of fringe websites.

Originally posted by Havick007And while you are at it go and read that link I provided, and this time read it properly so I don't have to point out or highlight what is already told along with a list of who was on the craft (Osiris included). Please also make the observation that Thoth and Osiris were real people and only in later times were made into gods by the Egyptians, not just my opinion but the opinion of several experts.

Not the opinion of ANY "expert." Why? because it's a stupid, if not insane, opinion.

I read your link. I read that content years ago. I told you what to look up. But, as you said, you prefer to remain ignorant.

www.atlantisquest.com...

Thoth was born in a distant country to the west which was across a body of water. Its main city was by the sea (Plato's metropolis). The land possessed volcanos and the city had a low mountain or large hill in the center. This land is sometimes referred to as an Island of Fire. (Book of the Dead, Hymn of Rameses IV and Pyramid Texts) Thoth is known as "Lord of the horizon"; and like Poseidon, the earthshaker, Thoth is sometimes called "cleaver of the earth" (Papyrus of Ani, Chapter LXI).

This is the complete text of Chapter 61 of the Papyrus of Ani:

A spell for not letting a man's soul be snatched away from him in the underworld.
Words spoken by the Osiris scribe Ani: It is I, I who have come forth from the waters, which let themselves innundate me. They have mastery there, in the form of the river

Source
See where it says "The Osiris scribe Ani?"
The dead person in the tomb was referred to as "the Osiris" in the Book of the Dead. Which the Papyrus of Ani is an example of.
Thoth isn't mentioned there

The "Island of Fire" is actually the Lake of Fire. it is in the underworld in Egyptian Mythology. It was never a sunken island because it was never an iisland to begin with. It was always in the underworld (and, obviously, on fire.) It is mentioned in the Book of the Dead because it is, after all, part of the underworld trip the deader has to take.

The Pyramid Texts are just another version of the Book of the Dead.

Link me to the "Hymn of Ramses IV." I bet you've never read it, nor the Papyrus of Ani, nor any of the spells in any version of the Pyramid Texts.

I recommend to everyone that before you go spouting your beliefs as if they were facts, check into them.

Here we have a poster stating what Plato said when Plato didn't say it and another poster claiming things are in the pyramid texts that aren't there, while simultaneously demonstrating his dearth of factual knowledge about the source he pretends to be using.

Harte

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

iw neserser is the same as sha neserser? show me that in a real book harte. osiris has his throne on the island of fire [iw neserser] in the centre of six or seven concentric qrt [circles] with a gate at each and its all in the lake of fire. the qrt were BUILT for ra by the dwellers of sha neserser. thoth had his lands around the lake and he visited osiris on the island. there was a great flood [not she Great Flood or a flood of sunshine] in the lake of fire and somehow these circles of ra became hidden. the great flood is old kingdom onward according to faulkner and unas. see the papyrus of nu and the tomb texts of seti for circle info.

this is all freely available information from good authors at googlebooks etc

the atlantis story infact is the tale of yima plagiarized from zoroaster as plato was apt to do. the story of yima is very detailed and often illustrated. yima is dated to 6000bc by such famous greeks as aristotle so a giant rectangular cursus of such a date with a few other famous features all overlooking a once flooded huge three canaled "city" would be quite unmistakably yima. if it has masses of gridded irrigated farmland i guess it could be argued that it was platos "atlantis".

seems to me the easiest way to decide this egypt and "atlantis" issue is to look at artifacts to see if there is a connection between the region of yima and predynastic egypt. well we find all 3 major forms of classically predynastic egyptian pottery, mastabas etc, multiple forms of religious figurines, copper and misc other tools... all at least a thousand years before they show up in egypt.

real professional working scientists who have just discovered these cultures said in the new york times that the egyptians weren't doing anything like yimas folks. noone in the world was.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

oh relax i was having a dig at you because of our disagreements in the past.

Cheer up Charley

I started to get annoyed because i could sense some arrogance, sorry but i am being honest. No matter what sources i provided ( the credible ones ) it didnt mattter to either of you. Some people are so hell bent on their beleifs that even with information they wont listen.

I never said i was 100% correct or it was fact and the same goes with this thread and the OP. It's a theory and an idea with information to help support some parts of it and more needed for other parts to either prove or disprove it.

Without theories and idea's nothing would ever get done. If everytime someone listened to all their critics seriously we wouldnt have half the science and discovery we have so far because they would have given up instead of standing by their idea

edit on 15-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now I'm confused. Just how many Atlantis' are there?

Lost city of Atlantis, swamped by tsunami, may be found

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

We are told that Atlas was among the hyperboreans!

Atlas was the eldest son of poseidon, the ruler of Atlantis (Atlantis gets its name from Atlas, its first king after poseidon)....same place, different name!!

The golden apples of the Hesperides

These apples were not, as some maintain, in Libya, but rather were with Atlas among the Hyperboreans. Ge (Earth) had given them to Zeus when he married Hera."

Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 2. 114

edit on 16-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

So are you saying that the myth of atlantis told by Plato, who stated he got the story from Egyptian priests is not mythology but actually reality?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Atlas was the eldest son of poseidon, the ruler of Atlantis (Atlantis gets its name from Atlas, its first king after poseidon)....same place, different name!!

I believe that, if you bother to look, you'll find that the Titan Atlas was not the son of Poseidon.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdoggety
reply to post by Harte

So are you saying that the myth of atlantis told by Plato, who stated he got the story from Egyptian priests is not mythology but actually reality?

There is no myth of Atlantis, and there has never been one.

Plato's Dialogue is an allegory. Also, Plato didn't state that he got the story from Egyptian priests.

Also, there are no Egyptian myths about a sunken continent, or even island. Not in the world of the living, that is.

Same for India.

Harte

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I think he is and more people should be open to the idea.
Advanced races and peoples were nothing unusual back then, there was a gulf of technology between the different peoples, much more than it is now where it's more spread out.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Plato's Dialogue is an allegory. Also, Plato didn't state that he got the story from Egyptian priests.

Also, there are no Egyptian myths about a sunken continent, or even island. Not in the world of the living, that is.

Same for India.

Harte

Pure honk, have you ever read the Vedic texts?
Seen the out of place artifacts such as the Gear Mechanism found on a supposed bronze age ship?
The Bagdad Battery?
Toy Airplanes dating back thousands of years in South America?

Open your mind inside of closing it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

reply to post by Harte

Same for India.

Harte

Yers. No mention of anything similar to Atlantis.

Originally posted by WatchRiderSeen the out of place artifacts such as the Gear Mechanism found on a supposed bronze age ship?
Dates to around 100 BC, 250 years after Plato's death. Hardly evidence of even an ancient advanced civilization, much less anything Atlantis-like.

The Bagdad Battery?

Wasn't assembled as a battery when found, couldn't have been used as a battery the way it was put together, and dates to around the turn of the millenium, 350 years after Plato's death. How is that related to something 9,000 years before Plato?

Toy Airplanes dating back thousands of years in South America?
Open your mind inside of closing it.

Open a book instead of a website.

There are no toy airplanes from any period in South America (other than the present, of course.)

At the very least, use the search function. You don't seem to know the details of the small gold figurine you're talking about (it's a flying fish, by the way.)

Harte

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

RH negatives are indiginous to Western Europe. Royal families consider themselves blue blood because they are RH negative. If a women who is RH negative has a baby with someone who is RH positive her first baby will be OK but her body will kill future fetuses resulting in "blue babies". This is probably where the term 'blue blood' comes from and why they only mated with others who were of "blue blood" to insure survival of there family line.

RH negatives are also found in the middle east and north africia (in very small numbers). If you think Atlantians were from Western Europe there is a big chance they have RH negative blood. It would explain why the royal figures are painted blue and would further prove your theory.
edit on 24-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I believe that, if you bother to look, you'll find that the Titan Atlas was not the son of Poseidon.

Harte

Really!!!

Poseidon fell in love with Cleito, the daughter of Evenor and Leucippe, who bore him five pairs of male twins. The eldest of these, Atlas, was made rightful king of the entire island and the ocean (called the Atlantic Ocean in his honor), and was given the mountain of his birth and the surrounding area as his fiefdom. Atlas's twin Gadeirus, or Eumelus in Greek, was given the extremity of the island towards the pillars of Hercules.[9] The other four pairs of twins—Ampheres and Evaemon, Mneseus and Autochthon, Elasippus and Mestor, and Azaes and Diaprepes—were also given "rule over many men, and a large territory."

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Same for India.

Harte

Yers. No mention of anything similar to Atlantis.

You might want to rethink about that!

The Hindus have many traditions on a sunken continent that was the paradisial region where mankind and civilization first originated. One such was Tripura, "the Triple City". When we recall the fact that Atlantis was, like Tripura, a triple city with metallic walls and golden palaces, we cannot but conclude that the two traditions, if indeed based on actual fact, refer to the one and same thing. Moreover, as happened with Atlantis, the inhabitants of Tripura were originally extremely pious. But, with the passage of time, they also became evil and perverse, and were destroyed by Shiva. It is because of this feat that Shiva got the epithet of Tripurantaka ("Destroyer of Tripura").

www.lost-civilizations.net...

Manu (the first Aryan) in Bhagavata Purana (VIII.24.13) is stated to have been a King from the Dravida province who sailed North to avoid the floods, and to whom the Matysa (fish) incarnation of Vishnu appeared to (even in Shatapatha Brahmana). Rig Veda (the oldest 'Aryan' text) states that Rishis (Seers or Immortal Saints) called Agastya and Vasishta also sailed from a flood, and were sons of Water-God Varuna (Gk. Ouranos). Manu in the Vedas is Vaivasvata (Solar Manu) who sailed from the flood to Himalayas. His daughter is Ila. Now - the text Brihadaranyaka Upanishad (VI.4.28) calls Ila as 'Maitravaruni' meaning 'daughter of Mitra (Sun) and Varuna (Waters)'- showing she is cognate to both Satyavrata and Vaivasvata and connects the two, and shows the first 'Aryans' or Vedic people came from Southern Indian practices.

satyavidya.com...

The above quote is very intresting, as "Varuna" the water god is poseiden. This would make Agastya and Vasishta atlanteans!
edit on 24-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sraddhadeva was born to Saranya and Vaivasvata and was the King of Dravida during the epoch of the Matsya Purana. Sraddhadeva Manu once caught a talking fish who begged him to rescue it. The fish claimed a Great Flood was coming and it would wash away all living things. Manu put the fish in a pot, and then, as it grew larger, into a tank, a lake and then the ocean. While in the ocean, the fish told Manu to build a boat. He did so and when the flood arrived, the fish (actually Matsya) towed the ship by a cable attached to his horn.

Riiight.

That sounds just like Atlantis, doesn't it?

Harte

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

edit on 29-5-2011 by Havick007 because: Wrong Thread

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am reading Edgar Cayce's Atlantis right now. He was a known psychic and life reader (which Harte as well tries to debunk), he could see things with meditation, and even though he did not believe in Atlantis at first, his life readings on his subjects told him otherwise and he saw some pretty cool things, as if he was living at that time.

edit on 23-5-2016 by veracity because: in replay to all

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Wii add this Documentary to re-bump this interesting thread. 1:26:42.. Peace

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I am reading Edgar Cayce's Atlantis right now. He was a known psychic and life reader (which Harte as well tries to debunk), he could see things with meditation, and even though he did not believe in Atlantis at first, his life readings on his subjects told him otherwise and he saw some pretty cool things, as if he was living at that time.

That book was manufactured by the A.R.E. Press
The A.R.E. are the organisation that Edgar Cayce set up so he could loophole around the law for fraudulent medical practice, which he'd been convicted of previously. They are responsible for hiding all of Edgars misses, because if you knew ALL the facts, you would realise that you've been conned.

Cayce's success rate for predictions, falls well below 20% which is about the same for well read people making informed guesses.

But hey, whatever floats your boat,

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I am reading Edgar Cayce's Atlantis right now. He was a known psychic and life reader...

He was nonsuch thing. He was, however, a known fraud, liar, and a convicted criminal.
edit on 5/23/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join