It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis off the west cost of Ireland Part 2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Do you not that as fact?

Perhaps the original Chinese builders had help but can you be sure they were caucasian?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Sounds like they were colloidal silver addicts .

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Thanks, I knew the sphinx was linked to the sign of Leo but I did not know about the god you mentioned, will have to do some reading on it

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
The only reason the Chinese are denying that they have pyramids is because the remains of the so called builders are Caucasian and they are a little embarressed about it.

From my research that is exactly what happened!

Now we are told that the tomb of Osiris was empty because as stated the Egyptian book of the Dead tells us Osiris was not native to Egypt!

Yep that's right the Ancient Egyptians went and made a "secret" tomb 100ft below the surface where nobody would know where it was. Put a 12 ton lid on the tomb at considerable effort and no body inside. The Egyptians are not allowing any independent scientists down there either!
I would love to know what is wrote on those four pillars because they can hide the body but valuable clues may be on those pillars....its of extreme importance because its Egypt's direct link to Atlantis!
edit on 2-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Yeah i stumbled on it while looking up info for that thread. There were a couple things that stood out to me, the fact the image or dipiction on the God had 2 lions in it and also the circle symbolizing the horizion. Then there are many sources that state it is one of the oldest Gods ever worshipped in Egypt.

It was a lucky find but i think it fitted in quite well

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Great find OP!

I grow tired of world Gov. trying to cover things up, they should allow us to know!

Keep up the research LUXUS, your threads have yet to disappoint me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

...each time we get wiped out, we keep a little bit of knoiwledge from the last civilization...

You think the acient knowledge we have kept is that of WAR?

It seems to be the leading factor into our demise..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Umm.. That Civilization off the coast of Ireland is known as Hyperborea. According to legends they where just a small island city nation(Not the big Empire of Atlantis) that avoided contact with those they viewed as "primitive" and "barbaric".

Pretty much that legend(of Hyperborea) is where the conceptualization of the "Prime Directive", first appears in human thought.

While on the other hand the Atlantis was regarded as being warlike,expansionist's.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by Viking9019
The only reason the Chinese are denying that they have pyramids is because the remains of the so called builders are Caucasian and they are a little embarressed about it.

From my research that is exactly what happened!

Now we are told that the tomb of Osiris was empty because as stated the Egyptian book of the Dead tells us Osiris was not native to Egypt!

Yep that's right the Ancient Egyptians went and made a "secret" tomb 100ft below the surface where nobody would know where it was. Put a 12 ton lid on the tomb at considerable effort and no body inside. The Egyptians are not allowing any independent scientists down there either!
I would love to know what is wrote on those four pillars because they can hide the body but valuable clues may be on those pillars....its of extreme importance because its Egypt's direct link to Atlantis!

You have to understand that muslims are muslims. Islamic Egyptians have as much rights to the Pyramids as they do to other natural resources found in their country. Because the last remaining remnants of the Pyramid builders is the Coptic Egyptians.

Anything they find that might contradict Islam they would bury or destroy. Heck Saudi Arabia still covers up the ruins of scores of Christian Church's found in the northern part of their territory.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I don't understand what the connection to Islam is or how the pyramids could contradict it, Muhammad hardly built them so how would it contradict them in any way?

Not sure where you got the info about hyperboreia, or how you view it different from Atlantis. I already showed how Tir na nOg was poseidons island which would tend to confirms it was Atlantis.
edit on 10-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

In the Egyptian book of the dead we are informed that the first god kings from which the Pharaohs would decent were from a foreign land in the west which sunk during a cataclysm. The gods arrived in Egypt on a craft and we are told by the ancients that Osiris was on that craft. This would obviously mean that Osiris was not Egyptian but came from that sunken land Atlantis!

Even if he was, the evidence is still there, The Egyptians tell us that Thoth ruled in a foreign land in the west that was destroyed, he arrived in Egypt via a craft and that Osiris was also on that craft. Evidence is still that Osiris was not from Egypt but from a sunken island, Atlantis.

There's no evidence for the existence of Osiris at all, much less his origin being in the west. AFAIK, there exists no Egyptian tale about Osiris arriving in Egypt via a craft out of the west from a sunken land.

I assume when you mention the Book of the Dead you're talking about the Adorations to Osiris from that collection of spells, which contains the following:

HAIL, oh Osiris! revealer of good, justified, son of Nu, the eldest son of Seb, the great one proceeding from Nu, the King dwelling in the midst of the regions of the great winds, dwelling in the West...

Source: www.masseiana.org...

Please note, there is nothing in the Book of the Dead about Osiris' origins being in the West. He was the god of the afterlife, which to the Egyptians was westward (setting Sun, and all that.) Note that the Necropolis for the Ancient Egyptians was to the West, at Giza.

Before you again make the inane claim that Osiris was from a sunken island in the West, I suggest you find a source for your claim that is at least in some way connected to Ancient Egypt itself, and not some fringe con-man's idea of how to reach into your bank account.

We said that Thule was another name for Atlantis and that it inhabitants painted their skin blue so if Osiris was actually from Atlantis how would we expect the ancient Egyptians to depict him in their art. Obviously we would expect Osiris to be shown with blue skin in contrast to the native Egyptians, and that is exactly what we find....King Osiris was from Atlantis.

However:

Osiris was usually depicted as a green-skinned (green was the color of rebirth) pharaoh wearing the Atef crown, a form of the white crown of upper Egypt with a plume of feathers to either side.

Source: www.crystalinks.com...

The tomb of Osiris has a blue stone lid which is also of interest!
DNA testing of that body would have revealed to the world that Egypt was a continuation of Atlantis and that Atlantis was in the west, that my friends is a big No No because you are told that knowledge came from the east and travelled to the west which is a complete crock!

The Osiris tomb Hawass explored is a ritual tomb, not a real one. One of several "Osiris Tombs" dating to the Ancient Egyptian civilization. The most famous one (around here) is called the Osireion. Maybe you've heard of it?

A few hundred yards to the west of the temple of Seti I at Abydos, Ancient Egypt, and below the water table lies what was believed in the ancient days to be the tomb of Wesir (Gr: the Osireion, word invented by Petrie). A long, dark corridor leads from the northern wall of temple of Seti I and into it. This corridor was built long before Seti I´s temple and there are some archaeological indications that the structure might have been used for rites in connection with the rebirth of Wesir (Gr: Osiris). Excavations on the south side passage revealed funerary texts from 'The Book of Gates' and 'The Book of What is in the Duat', depicting the dangers of the Underworld which the deceased has to overcome on his journey to the Hall of Ma'at; the serpent Apep, lakes of pitch and fire and gates guarded by dangerous monsters.

Source: www.philae.nu...

The idea that Osiris' body would be found in some tomb shows how little you actually know about Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs.

Osiris’ brother Seth envied his power and popularity and killed him by luring him into a coffin, which he sealed with lead. Seth set the coffin adrift in the Nile. It washed up in Lebanon and a mighty tree grew around it, which a king felled and put in his palace.

Osiris’ wife, Isis, could not rest until she had buried him properly. She tracked down his coffin and returned it to Egypt. Seth was so angry, he cut the body into pieces and scattered them across Egypt. But Isis found the pieces, made wax copies of them to be worshipped in a temple and, preserving Osiris’ body with linen bandages, she breathed life back into him.

He rose, and ruled as god of the underworld.

Source: www.yourdiscovery.com...

Harte

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You obviously never read the link I provided !

www.atlantisquest.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

the romans wrote about the english who painted their skin with wode when they were in battle against the roman invaders .

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

You obviously never read the link I provided !

www.atlantisquest.com...

I've been there before.
From your link:

The Turin Papyrus also includes a vignette depicting a long boat with ten gods aboard. In this case, the hawk of Horus is in front, followed by the other nine deities—Shu, Tefnut, Keb, Nut, Osiris, Isis, Thoth, Horus and Hathor—and directly behind (following them?) is a huge flaming "sun-disk"—another tradition lists Atum, Shu, Tefnut, Geb, Nut, Osiris, Isis, Set, and Nephthys. Thoth was regarded as Egypt's founder.

The solar boat. Not a migration of gods. Look it up.
Also:

Another even more ancient historian wrote: "Moreover, Cronos visiting the different regions of the habitable world, gave to his daughter Athena the kingdom of Attica . . . visiting the country of the south [he] gave all Egypt to the god Taautus (Thoth), that it might be his kingdom ." (The Generations, Sanchuniathon, 1193 B.C.) In case there is any doubt that Taautus and Thoth are the same, the following passage should clear up the uncertainty?

In History of Phoenicia, Sanchuniathon also writes: "The Egyptians descended from Misor, who descended from Taautus, who invented the writing of the first letters: him the Egyptians call Thoth, and the Greeks Hermes." (Cory, 1832) All ancient sources seem to agree with the Egyptian writings on this point.

"The Generations" and "History of Phoenicia," supposedly written by Sanchuniathon, are lost (and were lost centuries ago.) The only thing that remains of them are Greek commentaries on them.

The Greeks, like other ancient civilizations, had their own ideas about this and obviously incorporated them into their commentary - the same way Herodotus did.

The Egyptians themselves never thought they "descended from Thoth," for example. Also, the mention of the god Chronos should throw up all kinds of (Greek) red flags, assuming you know anything at all about the subject.

I linked you to the Book of the Dead. You referenced the Book of the Dead yourself.

So, show us where in the Book of the Dead it describes Osiris as migrating to Egypt from a sunken land to the west. Or quit making that asinine claim.

BTW, do you not find it odd at all that neither the Greeks nor the Egyptians (nor any ancient civilization) had any mythology that relates to Atlantis?

Harte

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

BTW, do you not find it odd at all that neither the Greeks nor the Egyptians (nor any ancient civilization) had any mythology that relates to Atlantis?

What are you talking about Plato was a Greek Philosopher and he was relating the story of Atlantis told by the "Egyptian" high priests.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There was a program last night on bbc2 about the evidence for atlantis, here is the link on the bbci player www.bbc.co.uk...
Unfortunately i think you have to be in the uk to view it.

Edit it was a repeat from a year ago here are all the parts.

[yvid]
[/yvid]

edit on 10-5-2011 by remymartin because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by remymartin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

What are you talking about Plato was a Greek Philosopher and he was relating the story of Atlantis told by the "Egyptian" high priests.

Again, there is no mention in Greek OR Egyptian mythology of anything that even vaguely resembles Atlantis.

Obviously, you believe Plato to be mythological.

Myself, I think he was real.

Harte

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Again, there is no mention in Greek OR Egyptian mythology of anything that even vaguely resembles Atlantis.

Obviously, you believe Plato to be mythological.

Myself, I think he was real.

Harte

You never heard of Ogygia?
en.wikipedia.org...

You never heard of Hyperborea?
en.wikipedia.org...

You never heard of Thule?
en.wikipedia.org...

The Egyptian High Priest had told Solon the story of Atlantis and since the high priests are the keepers of Egyptian history then how can you say the Egyptians don't have a mythology like Atlantis when we actually got it from them?

And while you are at it go and read that link I provided, and this time read it properly so I don't have to point out or highlight what is already told along with a list of who was on the craft (Osiris included). Please also make the observation that Thoth and Osiris were real people and only in later times were made into gods by the Egyptians, not just my opinion but the opinion of several experts.

www.atlantisquest.com...

Thoth was born in a distant country to the west which was across a body of water. Its main city was by the sea (Plato's metropolis). The land possessed volcanos and the city had a low mountain or large hill in the center. This land is sometimes referred to as an Island of Fire. (Book of the Dead, Hymn of Rameses IV and Pyramid Texts) Thoth is known as "Lord of the horizon"; and like Poseidon, the earthshaker, Thoth is sometimes called "cleaver of the earth" (Papyrus of Ani, Chapter LXI).

A catastrophe occurred which darkened the sun and disturbed the gods, but Thoth led them across the sea to an eastern country [Egypt]. Thoth is depicted as the "controller of the Flood," (Leyden Papyrus) and the Theban Recension includes the Island of Fire in the Flood story. (Papyrus of Ani, Chap. CLXXV) Thus it appears that Thoth was once the ruler of an Island Kingdom beyond the western horizon before the Egyptian priests turned him into a god. The question therefore is: Was the Egyptian Tehuti-Thoth originally a migrant from Atlantis, and did he once rule as a king there?

edit on 11-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I'll give you a tip, ignore harte and also byrd if she decides to contribute to this thread...

If you read through my Sphinx thread you will notice that all they tried to do was derail it and thought they were

''know it alls''

Dont stress and dont give up on your beleifs

I want to ask harte a direct question:

What makes you such an expert on Ancent Culture or Ancient Egyptian Culture?

edit on 12-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
But how can you be sure your sources are accurate? Websites and even old Egyptian stories don't guarantee truth, if they even are from a pure unaltered Egyptian source. Stories can easily be embellished, lied about, exaggerated, lost in translation, etc. I would caution you (or anyone) to accept these stories with care, unless you want to be deceived.
edit on 12-5-2011 by starborn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join