It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret underground base in northern canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Nahanni Valley (Canada) Entrance.
This covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada. It lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year -round (the valley is above 60 degrees latitude), making it perpetually mist-covered. This valley is inhabited only by animals as people entering the valley are usually found headless and quite dead. The Indian tribes of the area avoid this valley. (These tribes include the Ojibways, the Slave, the Dogribs, the Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans.) This valley is often referred to as "the Valley of the Headless Men.
danielhardy3.blogspot.com...
cant really find much else on this area.. other than there being entrances to the same tunnel sytem in toronto .. which is across the country. so i take it its a pretty large tunnel system.. let me know anything else you can find.
apparently everybody who tries to get into these tunnels doesnt return. so i think it could be a good conspiracy

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by demontigny

They never return? Maybe the reptilians are in there...

But seriously, sounds pretty suspicious.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

i was thinking that too haha
aliens hiding themselves with creating fear lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a base for who? the term "secret base" implies that some type of force is operating out of it. not bashing the thread, it's an amazing spot on earth either way, i'm just curious as to how you made the "secret base" connection.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Plenty info about this place on the web.
I just used "All The Web" search engine and turned up loads.

edit on 1-5-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

i was just looking up bases in canada and it came up... yes i found it there its the same link i put up

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nice thread ,, I actually belive there is alot to this more than one can even think ,, these UFO have been visiting unknnown places for eons they know all the cool hiding spots..and yes I belive the go under water also havnt any proof to that but looking to find some proof for sure

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
any actual evidence for any of these claims ?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have found a little more info for you

It's a fancy place that oldtimers dream about. . . . Some said the "valley was full of gold and some said it was hot as hell owing to the warm springs. . . . It had a wicked name too, for at least a dozen folks went in and never came out. . . . Indians said it was the home of devils. . . . In these tantalizing words the late Lord Tweedsmuir (John Buchan), novelist and onetime Governor General of Canada, pictured the "Headless Valley" on the remote South Nahanni River. Behind Buchan's lines lay 40 years of mystery, yet little has been done to explore the fantastic legends that came from the 200-mile gorge in the limestone mountains, 300 miles east of Whitehorse, Yukon. Last week Nahanni was back in the news again. A group of amateur explorers was preparing to go over it from one end to the other. Read more: www.time.com...

You can read more Here

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

S&F&
Love to know more! Hope you develop this thread, keep it updated.

Rigel4's link from 1947 is incredibly intriguing too... Anyone know what came out of that expedition?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It is a UNESCO site.

I think I just found my travel trip for next year.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
www.pc.gc.ca...

You know, I thought I knew most of the National parks in Canada but I've never seen this one before.

It is HUGE.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not as mysterious as those links claim. There have been many people that have traveled into the valley and come out alive...including former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

Perhaps the people found "headless" did find gold and someone killed them for it, staged it as to create a legend so scary that no one else would follow to look for gold.

I don't see where it has anything to do with an underground base

when one visits this unforgiving environment, as R. M. Patterson did in the 1920s, one might understand the dangers that one might face, notably the perilous ice caves, sinkholes, thundering waterfalls, such as the Virginia Falls and the cold.

I would say that the disappearances have mostly to do with the dangerous terrain more than any kind of alien. Most people go hiking without being properly prepared for the environment which is likely the case for most of the disappearances at the Nahanni.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Not as mysterious as those links claim. There have been many people that have traveled into the valley and come out alive...including former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

Perhaps the people found "headless" did find gold and someone killed them for it, staged it as to create a legend so scary that no one else would follow to look for gold.

I don't see where it has anything to do with an underground base

when one visits this unforgiving environment, as R. M. Patterson did in the 1920s, one might understand the dangers that one might face, notably the perilous ice caves, sinkholes, thundering waterfalls, such as the Virginia Falls and the cold.

I would say that the disappearances have mostly to do with the dangerous terrain more than any kind of alien. Most people go hiking without being properly prepared for the environment which is likely the case for most of the disappearances at the Nahanni.

QFT. Canada is enormous compared to its population, and the huge northern wilderness has claimed quite a few. Its a breeding ground for mystery, just like any place similar, like the amazon rainforest. Except instead of secret bases its headhunters and cannibals.
I wouldnt be surprised if there was a base there, it would be a logical place being out of the way and forested, but aliens would be a stretch. I would imagine abandoned by now if its truly there.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i have done more research on that area.. it seems alot of people have gone and found nothing. (gold or otherwise.)
but there have been many disapearances including a native tribe.. the tribe has lived there for hundreds of years and then out of nowhere they have just simply disapeared.
there is no trace of them .
www.suite101.com...
this link also shares other secrets of the valley.. i definatley plan on going there someday soon
www.nfb.ca...
this is a 18 minute video about the legends of the nahanni valley
edit on 29/04/2011 by demontigny because: (no reason given)

top topics

join