It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perceiving to be "within" and "outside" my body?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I figured I would give posting on here a go regarding some odd feelings/perceptions that have been occurring more frequently as of late. What I am going to describe isn't something that has just started occurring, but simply has begun to occur much more frequently.

Almost daily now I have been perceiving myself, usually for a few minutes at a time, from being either "inside" or "outside" my body. I use quotations because those are inadequate words to describe how it seems/feels. When perceiving myself from "inside" it's almost feels like my face is a mask and I am aware that I am looking through my own eyes; from the "outside" the closest way I can describe the feeling is being a few feet above and behind my body.

These feelings will happen at anytime, while I am doing anything. In case it is related, I've been hearing an incredibly low-frequency humming recently - previously I have only heard high-pitch noises that I attributed to tinnitus, but these low hums will grow louder if I turn towards, what I presume is, their general direction of origin.

Does anyone have information regarding this, or similar experiences? The most I could find about this was depersonalization disorder and OBEs - and I've had OBEs before and don't think I have some disorder (we all say this, right?)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

ha i know what you are talking about cool someone else who has had it happen to them. Except i was lying on my bed and i saw myself laying on the bed from the ceiling perspective it freaked me the hell out like i couldn't get back into my own body
edit on 1-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
I'm guessing OBE i have had that same thing also happen to me its like a mini obe cause your not fully out of your body
sorry man i tired lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Go and see a doctor and get a MRI or CT scan. Have you ever smelt burning rubber or tasted iron in your mouth?

Please do not hang around - go and see a doctor, if you get the all clear then peruse the paranormal, but first SEE A DOCTOR.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I've had many tests done recently due to a possible separate issue, and everything came back perfectly healthy. The only thing medical was the possible tinnitus, but it isn't severe so I deal with it (with my doc's support, too).

Medical issues are ruled out, healthy as a horse. But thanks for the concern

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Well I mean you can't rule out certain disorders, but I don't think it might be the case unless you end up in like a different state without knowing about it. This kind of stuff tends to happen to me too. For example, you'll drift off into something and then realize that you are in a body, not somewhere else.

Possibly a precursor to an OOBE, does your body vibrate when this occurs?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

I've heard that if this happens to you while you are awake, you should leave a window or sliding door open when you sleep because your spirit/soul might not be able to get back in when you sleep. You apparently travel further away when asleep. It would be great if you could harness this power. Imagine the changes you could make in the world by sending your spirit across the world. I don't know just thinking.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
reply to post by Konah

Well I mean you can't rule out certain disorders, but I don't think it might be the case unless you end up in like a different state without knowing about it. This kind of stuff tends to happen to me too. For example, you'll drift off into something and then realize that you are in a body, not somewhere else.

I'll have to try and pay attention to that. I only noticeably feel a vibration when the deep hum occurs.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have this experience I don't fit in this world. I haven't a place here, hell am I looking for one. There seems to be no place for me to fit in. People are just walking by. I seem useless. People don't take me for what I am about.

I have had experiences about myself living outside of myself too. Seeing within, myself out of my body. Like my soul is used in cases somewhere else in the world.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
I have this experience I don't fit in this world. I haven't a place here, hell am I looking for one. There seems to be no place for me to fit in. People are just walking by. I seem useless. People don't take me for what I am about.

I have had experiences about myself living outside of myself too. Seeing within, myself out of my body. Like my soul is used in cases somewhere else in the world.

You do have a place in this world, its just that you dont what it is yet, theyres lots of us who will find out what our reason for being is very soon, your alive at a very important time, and your moment will come.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

I ve just recently experiencing part of what you have. I can be sitting and looking down at my body, and can feel completely separate from it, almost like, im just a thought bubble in my head, and the flesh below me doesnt belong to me, its a bit unnerving. Ive never felt outside my body though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I belong.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Konah

I ve just recently experiencing part of what you have. I can be sitting and looking down at my body, and can feel completely separate from it, almost like, im just a thought bubble in my head, and the flesh below me doesnt belong to me, its a bit unnerving. Ive never felt outside my body though.

Feeling separate from my body is exactly what it is like, and you are right - it is kind of unnerving. I am able now to do this by focusing on it, whether that's a good or bad thing I don't yet know.

Feeling outside of my body I think I brought upon myself, because I would often try to visualize being above myself and seeing all around me.

Overall the experience is hard to explain, but I've come to conclusion that it isn't bad. If anything it's as if I can feel myself within my body and I want to escape it and take off at lightening speed everywhere. Like condensed energy, just waiting.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I get the feeling that my brain and my mind is a completley separate entity, sometimes when I "zone back" I am myself, and I am as myself, a soul, I see through my real eyes and see a different version of the world. Its a dark place, people are confused and in fear. However, when my mind takes over, I am translated into another perceptual world, where all the thoughts return, all the blocks that prevent me from being myself, as if my soul is trapped in a "program". When I am in that world, people seem normal, sometimes happy, I get used to the plastic world. However, I often wonder what would happen if the plastic world was no-more and people had to face themselves.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I share this feeling. I would not necessarily consider it something to worry over. It is just heightened awareness--or in better terms-- different awareness. Something we normally ignore because we have become accustomed to feeling both mind and body are connected. Well, sometimes they separate.

All the Best.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific

I have been feeling my body vibrate slightly and I can hear a noise as this happens... I have the feeling that it is my spirit trying to leave my body... I can't move or do anything even if I try... only when the vibrations stop, that's when I can move my body, but I'm not out of my body or anything like that.

Prolific, why did you ask Konah about the vibrations.. is this a precursor to an OBE?

top topics

join