It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the Age - Hidden Secrets of Four World Empires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Gentiles day of influence comes to and end. The church is removed. The world falls apart as Christ returns for the true believers of truth--Love of God and love of neighbors.

Romans 11
25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

Luke 10

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Love God and love your neighbor. Those who do this are the true believers.

edit on 1-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If jesus falls from the sky into Israel. I'll give you 25 dollars paypal.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The Gentiles day of influence comes to and end. The church is removed. The world falls apart as Christ returns for the true believers of truth--Love of God and love of neighbors.

This is so cool. This is the part where all the people who delighted in seeing the violent prophecies leading up to this time get taken away from it all. Then the whole world goes to pot while only the true believers of the truth are saved.

Wow, just wow. Hal Lindsey seems to have it all figured out. He could just use a little cash before all this goes down. I mean it's the end of the world and all but come on. Let's fill those donation coffers up before we disapear!

If you would like to donate to Hal, call 1-888-RAPTURE.

Give A Donation

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Keep your money and I will show you the real treasure.

"God says, “I will buy you...your moments,
your breaths, your possessions, your lives. Spend
them on Me. Turn them over to Me, and their
price is divine freedom, grace and wisdom. This is
your worth in My eyes.” But if we keep our life
for ourself, then we lose what treasures we have
been granted. Like the person who hammered the
dagger, worth a hundred pounds into the wall to
hang a gourd upon, their great fortune was
reduced to a nail." RUMI

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
Abraham Maslow

Originally posted by mayabong
If jesus falls from the sky into Israel. I'll give you 25 dollars paypal.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
People give to the ministry so that the sacrifice can produce fruit from the standpoint of a common platform. People give to organizations for this very reason, Christian or not.

RUMI
There is giving, and there is knowingness.
Some have generosity and compassion but no true
knowledge. Some have knowledge but no selfsacrifice.
When both are present, that person is
blessed and prosperous. Such a being is truly
incomparable.

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by SuperiorEd

This is so cool. This is the part where all the people who delighted in seeing the violent prophecies leading up to this time get taken away from it all. Then the whole world goes to pot while only the true believers of the truth are saved.

Wow, just wow. Hal Lindsey seems to have it all figured out. He could just use a little cash before all this goes down. I mean it's the end of the world and all but come on. Let's fill those donation coffers up before we disapear!

If you would like to donate to Hal, call 1-888-RAPTURE.

Give A Donation

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It says the lord God not God. With God is actually meant you or more or less the representation of God = you in you. Cause God creates all things good and bad. = you. Your neighbor is also God so love your neighbor, but to love him = God you gotta love You first = Good and to love your neighbor is to love God so God can love you his neighbor God.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Why should I love 'god' when it is patently obvious that the control freak does NOT love us. If she did she would be an interventionist rather than a passive observer. That, the deceit, lies and lust for power I cannot abide.

I will 'love my neighbour' and my fellow human animals and others on this Planet, but I will not be coerced to love something that is as patently despicable as the Abrahamic god, nor any other 'god'.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Can you clarify something for me?

If God being a control freak is bad, then why would more control (intervention) be good? o.O

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Haha, yeah an oxymoron of sorts: control freak in that she essentially demands our love/fear (interestingly during the Royal Wedding recently the word 'fear' came up a lot when god was mentioned) and has a prescription for living which is archaic at best and based on illusion at worst.

I wouldn't mind if she was a control freak if she actually cared about us and did something proactive to stop all the death and violence, but no, she just sits back on her (obviously) fat arse and waits for us to praise her for....what? We don't mean didly squat to her.

Thanks for nothing. She ain't getting my vote.

Well, seeing as I don't believe in any gods this is all supposition anyway!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Why should we love God?" is the wrong question. If you need to ask this question, then you are really asking, "What's in it for me?" This is duplicity. Duplicity says one thing is desired but in reality, another is desired. If you seek the supreme good for reward, then you are really after the reward. If you seek the supreme good to avoid punishment, then again, you are duplicitous. Good is its own reward. All of us are seeking to fill a void. What we perceive this void to be and what we choose to fill it with makes all the difference. Only love from and to God can satisfy this thirst.

There is too much to write here so I'll point you to one of my articles. LINK

If you are seeking to fill the void with the world, you will be let down. The light you seek is within. Nothing else is needed except to realize what is already there. You are made in the image of God; within the image of nature as a lesson. You are a mirror and a mirror cannot reflect itself. LINK

RUMI

There are other advantages to faith, but their
discovery depends upon the inward awareness of
the listener. Each listener is like flour in the hands
of a dough-maker. Words are like water sprinkled
on the flour according to the moisture needed. But
unless the water soaks in, it cannot make dough.

A poet said:

My eye is fixed upon another, what shall I do?
Look to yourself, for that eye’s light is you.
“My eye is fixed upon another.” That means
you are seeking something apart from yourself,
like the dryness of the flour that longs for water
from the dough-maker’s hand. “What can I do?”
Know that you seek only yourself, that longing is
for you. The light you seek is your own light
reflected, but you will not escape this blinding
glare of the outward lights until your own Inner
Light becomes a hundred thousand times greater.

Originally posted by aorAki

Why should I love 'god' when it is patently obvious that the control freak does NOT love us. If she did she would be an interventionist rather than a passive observer. That, the deceit, lies and lust for power I cannot abide.

I will 'love my neighbour' and my fellow human animals and others on this Planet, but I will not be coerced to love something that is as patently despicable as the Abrahamic god, nor any other 'god'.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You are made in the image of God;

So now god is a balding short-sighted Caucasian with a dicky ticker, bad back and halitosis?

Yes, disingenuous indeed.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Go back and read your words. You reveal your secret heart. God can change this and heal the rage in your nature. He's for you, not against. The problems in life are not judgments, they are results from choices. We reap what we sow in life. God's judgment is the law that was set in motion long ago. No sense in arguing with the one who governs. His aim is revealing love. You can't find the pearl without diving past the surface and waves into the depths. Stand on the pier if you like, but God is not found there.

Rumi

But God does not leave us in sin and foolishness.
Out of our physical life comes companionship,
families, and a thousand familiar friendships. If this
Trust that humanity carries also produces
friendships and knowledge, what is so
strange in that? What rises from a person after
death? Look in their secret heart. Their secret
heart is like the root of a tree—although hidden,
its influence appears in the leaves and branches. If
a branch or two is broken when the root is whole,
they will grow again, but if the root is damaged,
neither bough nor leaf remains.

Haha, yeah an oxymoron of sorts: control freak in that she essentially demands our love/fear (interestingly during the Royal Wedding recently the word 'fear' came up a lot when god was mentioned) and has a prescription for living which is archaic at best and based on illusion at worst.

I wouldn't mind if she was a control freak if she actually cared about us and did something proactive to stop all the death and violence, but no, she just sits back on her (obviously) fat arse and waits for us to praise her for....what? We don't mean didly squat to her.

Thanks for nothing. She ain't getting my vote.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

god doesnt work the way you want..
too bad. Live with it. God is still there, always was, always will be. You want God to hold your hand, or something, Give you that job you want.

God, I believe, is somewhere in between where the Church puts God, and where there is no god. God is not there to make sure you live or die. You, Us, We, have all the tools we need to live freely and in love of one other.

Its not Gods fault will kill each other.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Your words are a in reflection back to God as a reply to his bestowal of love to you. Grace is unmerited favor from God. As badly as you are reflecting this image back to Him, he still loves you enough to offer forgiveness. Don't miss the ocean of God's love by simply looking at the surface and waves. The pearl is found much deeper.

Rumi

So, faith is discrimination, distinguishing truth
from falsehood and the true coin from the fake.
These words are valuable to everyone possessing
that critical perception, but are wasted on those
who cannot see the difference. If these words fall
into the hands of those who cannot discern, it is
like giving precious pearls to children who do not
know their value. Later, if you offer them apples
they will gladly trade them for pearls, since they
know no better.

You are made in the image of God;

So now god is a balding short-sighted Caucasian with a dicky ticker, bad back and halitosis?

Yes, disingenuous indeed.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I guess I will piss in the ocean of god's love and suffer the consequences.

We are the consequence of our choices, but we are also the consequence of those choices that others have made and over which we have no control.

God's love is as non-existent as god.

I'll make my bed and lie in it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Lots of claims there, but don't you think that if God demands, God gets? Your very opposition to God is proof that God does not demand our love/fear, since you do neither.

...did something proactive to stop all the death and violence, but no,.. We don't mean didly squat to her.

The death and violence are caused by sin, which isn't God's fault. If God did not allow free will then we would be robots, whose "love" and "fear" would be utterly meaningless. And if we meant nothing to God then Jesus would not have come to die for us and rise again from the dead. Seriously, if rising from the dead isn't enough, then nothing would be. You can have choice and allow people to choose poorly, or you can have robotic bliss. Personally, I prefer the former.

That brings up another intriguing issue: why are so many atheists so obsessed with Christianity anyway? I spend my time studying my own beliefs, and relatively little on others'. I'd consider myself to have sunk into psychosis if I picked some faith or philosophy I don't accept and started joining boards about it or jumping into every thread about it. If God isn't real then why give theists all this attention? There have to be better uses of atheists' time.

new topics

top topics

join