It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regional armies on alert as Libya crisis deepens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Regional armies on alert as Libya crisis deepens

BAMAKO (AFP) – Army chiefs from Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Algeria are on alert as the crisis in nearby Libya deteriorates, placing the entire region at risk, a military source said on Saturday.

Speaking after a meeting Friday between the four army heads, a Malian officer who attended said: "The situation in Libya is of great concern. There is a risk of destabilising the entire region."

The meeting was to reinforce the fight against insecurity in a region threatened by Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).

news.yahoo.com...

If things don't get under control quick, the region is going be to destabilized, which means a humanitarian catastrophe.

I hope we are ready to aid and assist the region in the event it collapses into unrest and disorder. If not, we have the makings of a giant mess that could result in the deaths of far more people than what we saved in Benghazi.

Edit: Goofy ATS will not post the link due to a sovereign nation's name that it assumes is the "n-word".
edit on 1/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: Goofy ATS

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And now UK has expelled the Libyan Ambassador!

Expelled

They say the UK Embassy has been attacked in Libya ... What did they expect after killing Gadaffi's Son and trying to kill Gadaffi himself!!!???

S&F for you my Cobra Commander!
edit on 1/5/11 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The poop is hitting the fan in that whole region, good post, its all over the news channels now. I'm starting to wonder what the future will be like for my children if all this continues to escalate and draw in more countries etc, i only hope and pray that all this upheaval doesn't spark off a new great war.

I think im gonna start learning to speak chinese and russian just incase.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We're all meant to learn from the past, from our history, so we don't make the same mistakes!

However, when it comes to WARS we have learnt NOTHING, this World/Government won't stop until we finally reach World War III ... And that's just how it is ...

new topics

top topics

join