It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FORCE Protection Condition Bravo set at Military Bases in US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Many bases go up one FPCON level for a day once a year as practice.

Some like China Lake have gone up one level for a day and had a hour at two levels up.

In most cases its training with a couple days warning that it was going to happen.

Its the times they go up without warning that you have to worry about.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by iamhobo
They will usually raise the level to BRAVO when there is simply a suspicion. I would hardly be worried about the current FPCON until it reaches CHARLIE.
edit on 1-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR....wrong!

Charlie means there is an attack at any moment.
Bravo means there is a threat of an attack...so bravo is a concern

Quit spreading BS

It's not BS, its common sense if you're familiar with it. BRAVO is a very typical FPCON condition to be in considering the state of affairs the US is in with other countries.

FPCON BRAVO: This applies when an increased or more predictable threat exists. In addition to the measures required by FPCON ALPHA, the following measures will be implemented:
1. Increase the frequency of warnings as previously required under FPCON ALPHA, and inform personnel of additional threat information as appropriate
2. Inform soldiers, civilian employees and family members of the general threat situation to stop rumors and prevent unnecessary alarm
3. Move automobiles and objects such as trash containers and crates a safe distance from potential targets
4. Verify the identity of all personnel entering the installation by inspecting ID cards or grant access based on visual recognition
5. Increase the frequency of random identity checks (inspection of ID cards, security badges and vehicle registration documents).

Quit spreading ignorance.
edit on 1-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

They do all of that already, with an exception of 3 and 5.
I drive up to the gate, show my CAC, they inspect it, sometimes salute (Im a civilian) lol and move me on through the gate.
I did notice on Friday that they brought up a portable (plastic)
guard tower near the back gate but it wasnt manned.
edit on 1-5-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like Maxwell AFB went to BRAVO and all Army bases in Hawaii went to BRAVO too. I was in the Navy from '99 to '03 and the levels went up and down alot after 9/11. There must be some credible threats to stateside installations.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What are you people even discussing in this thread?

"Force Protection Condition Bravo", but SSHHH no one say anything else, operational security, shh.. don't discuss anything!!

This is childish, to say the least.
edit on 1-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Everything discussed in this thread is available on the internet and public media.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm curious...I notice the Germans caught a couple of AQ terrorists just about to commit a terrorist act a couple of days ago. Could it be that this was the tip of a coordinated effort, and it wasn't going to be limited to just Germany?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

That maybe a good possibility. They were able to get some intel on the activity but not specific locations

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Isn't NORTHCOM supposed to set threat protection for the US as a whole with some latitude to base commanders based on location specific threats?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

"Force Protection Condition Bravo", but SSHHH no one say anything else, operational security, shh.. don't discuss anything!!

Well, yeah...it's been a few years since I was working for the Army, but every DoD site in the Wash DC area used to post the current threatcon right in the lobby next to the metal detectors - but maybe they don't anymore...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Fox news reports: President Obama to speak soon.
No one is aware of the reason, Lt. Gen tom McInerny suspects its about national security.
stay tuned.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Mind your own beezwax buster. This is the most excitement we've had around here in WEEKS.
As you were......

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Apparently it is all DOD facilities worldwide ....

Base under Condition Bravo

All Department of Defense facilities, including MCAS New River are under Force Protection Condition Bravo as of Sunday afternoon. There is no information on when the threat will cease, Fahy said.

An official with U.S. Northern Command said the threat affects all DoD facilities world wide.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
osama binladen is dead!
Thats what this is all about? Well what story do you believe about him? almost ten years later.was he really paid by the CIA or was he paid by rothschild or was he a guinea pig? Anyways a U.S. bomb got him over a week ago. How many times have they told us this before? Well all I got to say is if he is anything like the terrorist they say he was then good job U.S. Military!
edit on 1-5-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: added more

edit on 1-5-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Something has changed, the initial announcement will have been changed and the urgent message will be different and much more sociably acceptable...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This announcement will have been changed from Intel to Bin Ladin dying. Bummer. I want some true doom instead of watered down same ol same ol.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now we know - Bin Laden has been killed in a Predator air strike 2-3 days ago with approx 25 others in Pakistan

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

All of the bases are on Bravo right now.

It only makes sense now that Bin Laden is dead, that maybe we're preparing for a retaliation???

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

Sigh, thats great.. Long lines at the base gate in the morning

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Ya bin laidn

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

No kidding...i wonder how long we'll be on it.
Either way, the bastard is dead. Can we bring our troops back?
Oh nevermind, silly question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join