It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FORCE Protection Condition Bravo set at Military Bases in US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Not likely, even if they wanted to.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Bases here in CO are at elevated security level....however, it could be as little as an exercise or a classified threat. More than likely an exercise... But I can confirm that level is up and recalls are out.

Security at bases changes ALL the time. Cant tell you how many times I was stuck on base due to security level change. I was stuck on a base when security changed to D thanks to Russia flying in our air space and taunting us - way up there in AK. lol

edit on May 1st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathB4dishonor
I don't know about you guys but our base does it like every month for training. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

DB4D and Greeneye

It would be one thing if it were a drill, This is not. United States wide is implementing an increase to Force Protection on a SUNDAY morning!

Most drills are conducted Mon-Fri during normal working hours. This is not just routine.

Now confirmed it is all US Military bases, Now the question is, are Oconus Bases increasing there FPC?
Any confirmation available from our overseas members?

edit on 1-5-2011 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

Originally posted by deathB4dishonor
I don't know about you guys but our base does it like every month for training. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

DB4D

It would be one thing if it were a drill, This is not. United States wide is implementing an increase to Force Protection on a SUNDAY morning!

Most drills are conducted Mon-Fri during normal working hours. This is not just routine.

Now confirmed it is all US Military bases, Now the question is, are Oconus Bases increasing there FPC?
Any confirmation available from our overseas members?

Do you have a source for "All US Military Bases"?

Thanks

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
US Air Force has raised the security level...

ETA...im trying to find out more info from my sources

edit on May 1st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

My military contacts on the west and east coasts of the great U.S. of A! That's all I needed. Hope it's enough for you.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Liked you contacts some but the hard news source of greeneye better.

Thanks to you both.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
More...

Officials increase FPCON

Posted 5/1/2011 Updated 5/1/2011 Email story Print story

633d Air Base Wing Public Affairs

5/1/2011 - JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va. -- Officials have increased security measures for Langley AFB and Ft. Eustis, taking the Force Protection level to Bravo.

People should expect traffic delays entering either installation as well as at some facilities.

Residents and employees should remain vigilant in maintaining the security of the installations. If someone notices anyone or anything suspicious, on Langley they should call the 633d Security Forces Squadron at 764-5091; on Eustis they should call the 733d Security Forces Squadron at 878-4555.

As conditions change, updates will be made available.

Same info is being released to all USAF bases.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You are welcome...

It is hard to provide real time contact info about the military without compromising any classified directives.

I'd hate to be wikileaked.......

All Navy bases have received the same Force Condition B directives.
edit on 1-5-2011 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
FT. Detrick Announcement:

Fort Detrick Advisory for Sunday, May 01, 2011

Increased security measures in effect As part of ongoing security and force protection measures, visitors and employees at Fort Detrick Frederick and Fort Detrick Forest Glen can expect increased security measures in effect for the time being. This might include more frequent or thorough vehicle searches, requiring valid ID at facility entrances (such as the PX, gym or commissary, for instance), or other measures designed to protect the workforce and infrastructure and deter those who might wish to disrupt operations. There is no specific threat, and daily operations will continue as usual. Specific details of security measures or time frames cannot be disclosed, but information will be provided if and as the situation changes. Please expect to spend a little extra time at gates and other checkpoints if necessary as we implement increased security measures. The Trusted Traveler Program is temporarily suspended and all visitors will be required to provide valid, individual identification at the gates. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Fort Detrick Customer Service: 301-619-7611 or 1-800-256-7621

This site was last updated 05/01/11 0207 hrs.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

You are welcome...

It is hard to provide real time contact info about the military without compromising any classified directives.

I'd hate to be wikileaked.......

that is the issue. At this time, it is classified. I have already tried to find out what is going on....and cant due to classification. :/

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

that is the issue. At this time, it is classified. I have already tried to find out what is going on....and cant due to classification. :/

Well, I might or I might not know, either way I can't tell y'all.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Found a little more public info:

Threat of Taliban attacks brings tighter security procedures

Read more: www.canada.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They will usually raise the level to BRAVO when there is simply a suspicion. I would hardly be worried about the current FPCON until it reaches CHARLIE.
edit on 1-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Rumor on the net...
Graffiti is planning a revenge attack after loosing his son

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
They will usually raise the level to BRAVO when there is simply a suspicion. I would hardly be worried about the current FPCON until it reaches CHARLIE.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR....wrong!

Charlie means there is an attack at any moment.
Bravo means there is a threat of an attack...so bravo is a concern

Quit spreading BS

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think it is simple: Taliban announced start of "spring offensive".

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I work at an NAS Base and there has been no changes in security procedures or upgraded levels that I know of.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by iamhobo

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR....wrong!

Charlie means there is an attack at any moment.
Bravo means there is a threat of an attack...so bravo is a concern

Quit spreading BS

It's not BS, its common sense if you're familiar with it. BRAVO is a very typical FPCON condition to be in considering the state of affairs the US is in with other countries.

FPCON BRAVO: This applies when an increased or more predictable threat exists. In addition to the measures required by FPCON ALPHA, the following measures will be implemented:
1. Increase the frequency of warnings as previously required under FPCON ALPHA, and inform personnel of additional threat information as appropriate
2. Inform soldiers, civilian employees and family members of the general threat situation to stop rumors and prevent unnecessary alarm
3. Move automobiles and objects such as trash containers and crates a safe distance from potential targets
4. Verify the identity of all personnel entering the installation by inspecting ID cards or grant access based on visual recognition
5. Increase the frequency of random identity checks (inspection of ID cards, security badges and vehicle registration documents).

Quit spreading ignorance.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Marine Bases confirmed. But the reason why is unclear....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join