It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question re producing power from an Inverter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would like to run a couple of outlets just for power to cell phone and radio. Besides buying an inverter is there anything else I need? Also, I'm on a motorcycle today so I don't have a lot of room (couple of saddlebags) for supplies. But I'm hoping this can be accomplished?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
at least 1 car battery, and probably a car battery charger will be needed, when the power runs out from the battery you will have to charge it up at the mains, unless you go hard out and hook it up to an alternator.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Get a mobile windmill and solar panel they pack into a case that should fit into your saddle bags and they weigh about 12 to 30 lbs depending on sizes you can hook up your inverter and not use the motorcycles engine
Can't find the sales site right now but they are made in WI by Americans
hope this helps

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
All you need is an inverter, and some way to wire it to the bike, like a lighter socket.
you need to look at the current draw of the devices you want to charge, but it shouldnt be much for a phone etc.
something like a can inverter should do the trick.
www.campingworld.com.au...
or a ebay search
shop.ebay.com.au...

if you only use it while your riding you shouldnt flattern the battery, but you might like to take a jump pack in case the draw is too much

but you could also do what i did , i added a twin plug outlet with usb ports to my bike under the tail piece, it converts 12volts to 5 volt usb so i can charge the phone from it.
get a radio that runs on AA battery's and a cheap usb charger for them, then no converter is needed.
cgi.ebay.com.au...
cgi.ebay.com.au...
edit on 1-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
try this out for USB items.
gadgets.softpedia.com...

top topics

join