It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Dreams Come From The Afterlife?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
6 months ago, a close friend of mine, someone I loved dearly committed suicide. She was 16 years old and was my ex girlfriends little sister. A few weeks after it, I had the most vivid dream ever. It was just me and her walking around talking, and the thing she told me was not to get back with her sister as we were not meant to be together.

Last week, I was walking home from the shops and decided for no particular reason to go home a different way than usual. Just before i got home, I found a 12 year old boy trying to hang himself. Luckily my timing was perfect and I managed to pick him up and undo the noose, which was so tight, this was no cry for attention. I took him home and explained to his father what had happend. That night I dreamed about about my ex's little sister again, the only 2nd time since her passing. This time, she was wearing a black leather jacket, something I had never seen her wear, but later found out she did have one. This dream though, I was crying and telling her I was sorry. The emotion i felt for her was so strong. She just gave me a hug, then disapeared.

So basically, do you think that when we die, is it possible to meet them in a dream? I would have dismissed this before this haapened to me, but the dreams have been so vivid and the emotions so strong, its like no other dream i have ever had

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sorry dude, when you die, i'm afraid it's over. Infinite peace. Take comfort in at least knowing the poor thing doesn't have to suffer whatever was tormenting her.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Pay little attention to the first reply. I have been on earth today for 72 years. The whole time here, I like you searched for the answer you seek and have concluded, yes, our dreams are an extension of our lives and they to contain reality.

Only in the last several years have I found some truths, or at least to me they are. I rejected all teachings first and searched for my own answers. You sound young and this is where my eyes got opened. My grandson had an entity follow him home one day. He saw it as an orb and later it manifested into a being, and later gives him trouble at night. Another friend of mine watched a shadow person come from within her body and walk out of her bedroom two weeks ago.

I have had a number of dreams that are more than dreams. I have been out of body, I have seen my own soul, the real deal. Reality is far more than here, it is far more complex than you can know, don't discount anything out of hand. Most people parrot what they think they know or are taught. I have a friend whom will not believe there might be ufo's because he has not seen them even though I have seen a number of them, he still will not accept anyone's word, this is also true of this.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

What if dreams, are just little mini-reels of your alternate self's real life in an alternate Universe. So in turn that alternates dreams will be little mini-reels of your real life. Going strictly hypothetical here of course, but with some of the dreams I have had, there are some very twisted realities in other dimensions

Just something to throw into the pot along with your afterlife question.

S&F for providing me with the avenue to propose it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

My belief is Yes, they can communicate with you after death. A couple of months after my mom died, I was still having a hard time with her death and she came to me in a dream. I was in a room with her and my grandparents who had passed on.

I sat in her lap and had such a feeling of peace. She talked to me without moving her lips. I could hear what she was saying without her actually speaking. She told me that she was really happy where she was at and that Everything was beautiful, stressing how beautiful that everything truly was.

She told me that It wasnt time for me to be there and that I had to go back, which I did not want to, but she made me. The next day, I was wondering like you are wondering, about the dream since it felt so real. In my heart, I knew it was real, but still I questioned it.

After my mom died, I got her curio cabinet that was full of music boxes. I never played the boxes, so I never knew what tunes they played. That next day after my dream, I was on the phone talking to a friend about the dream, when out of nowhere, one of the music boxes started playing the song, Everything Is Beautiful. I started shaking and crying and knew at that moment it was my mom telling me that the dream was real and that she was okay.

So yes OP, they can and do happen. They are real, no matter what anyone might say. IMO, your ex's little sister helped you save that boy from dying. Stars and Flag for this thread...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
6 months ago, a close friend of mine, someone I loved dearly committed suicide. She was 16 years old and was my ex girlfriends little sister. A few weeks after it, I had the most vivid dream ever. It was just me and her walking around talking, and the thing she told me was not to get back with her sister as we were not meant to be together.

Last week, I was walking home from the shops and decided for no particular reason to go home a different way than usual. Just before i got home, I found a 12 year old boy trying to hang himself. Luckily my timing was perfect and I managed to pick him up and undo the noose, which was so tight, this was no cry for attention. I took him home and explained to his father what had happend. That night I dreamed about about my ex's little sister again, the only 2nd time since her passing. This time, she was wearing a black leather jacket, something I had never seen her wear, but later found out she did have one. This dream though, I was crying and telling her I was sorry. The emotion i felt for her was so strong. She just gave me a hug, then disapeared.

So basically, do you think that when we die, is it possible to meet them in a dream? I would have dismissed this before this haapened to me, but the dreams have been so vivid and the emotions so strong, its like no other dream i have ever had

My opinion might get invalidated by some but i put it down to manifestation of undealt with emotions. Like the boy was what you would've wished happen (that you stopped her) with your friend and feelings of guilt (which is only common in situations like this) are so overwhelming, that the need for forgiveness was the reason for saying sorry. Her hug was acceptance of the apology (resolution).
I like to think of it of visual therapy, dreams can be important i think but not to find hidden coded messages from the afterlife, which we wont know anything about (or presume to know and make judgements on) until we get there. That is my interpretation of this dream.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
thanks for all your opinions guys. I woiuld'nt have believed in it either till it happened to me. Even though it was my ex, i helped her out very much during the first few months, plus we have a kid together and were together 6 years. But yeah, least I am not the only one to have had these types of dreams, and i do truely believe it was her coming to me, i just wish she would come more often

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

First and foremost, to answer your initial question if it is possible that a deceased person can contact you within your dream: yes, I believe that this is possible and I think this might have been the case in what you experienced. But let me show you my reasoning:

Some people argue (and this is highly speculative as it cannot be proven scientifically) that once you fall asleep, a part of your conscious (energy body, etheric body, no matter how you name it) separates itself from your physical body and enters unconsciously the (lower) astral planes.

Experienced people that are able to consciously project a part of their consciousness into the astral planes (via astral projection), reportedly see other humans experiencing their dreams in the astral, but they can also get in contact with the deceased, and many other entities of the astral. Furthermore, the astral world is the place where formerly humans reside, until they "step into the light" and realize that they are more than just humans, but infinite souls.

So, to give you an answer to your initial question, yes it is possible that a deceased person can contact you within your dream (and I think this might have been the case in what you experienced), but it is also possible that your subconscious has created this person as a "thought-form."

If you want, you could start reading some threads here on ATS that provide some more information about the astral, preferably from members who frequently travel the astral, not those who never experienced it, but are biased due to their believes or religion.

edit on 1-5-2011 by SunLightyear because: addition

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear

Some people argue, but that is highly speculative, that once you fall asleep, a part of your conscious (energy body, etheric body, no matter how you name it) separates itself from your physical body and you enter unconsciously the (lower) astral planes. Hence, experienced travelers that are able to consciously project a part of their consciousness into the astral planes, reportedly can see other humans experiencing their dreams in the astral, but also can get in contact with the deceased.

Furthermore, the astral is the place where formerly humans reside, until they "step into the light" and realize that they are more than just humans, but infinite souls.

So, to give you an answer to your initial question, yes it is possible that a deceased person can contact you within your dream (and I think this might have been the case in what you experienced), but it is also possible that your subconscious has created this person (as "thought-form", which also can be found within the astral).

If you want, you could start reading some threads here on ATS that provide some more information about the astral, preferably from members who frequently travel the astral, not those who never experienced it, but are biased due to their mindsets, believes or religion.

i have read some threads on the astral, some real good ones, and i have tried it, but failed. I know it takes alot of time and practise, so hopefully I will get there one day. If i do, i will be on ATS to tell you all about it!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You probably weren't as much dreaming as you were astral projecting. It's my theory that everyone projects at night and only a few people can remember. I have gone and visiting my grandparents and my aunt... I have had experiences where I have met friends and guides for guidance. All of this is very vivid and very real.

There is a prevailing theory that even our dreams are projections, just into our own subconcious.. I would reccommend taking a look at the link: www.astralpulse.com...

Great resource on projecting, consciousness and the nature or reality.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
You probably weren't as much dreaming as you were astral projecting. It's my theory that everyone projects at night and only a few people can remember. I have gone and visiting my grandparents and my aunt... I have had experiences where I have met friends and guides for guidance. All of this is very vivid and very real.

There is a prevailing theory that even our dreams are projections, just into our own subconcious.. I would reccommend taking a look at the link: www.astralpulse.com...

Great resource on projecting, consciousness and the nature or reality.

i will check that link when i have the time, thanks for the reply

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It is entirely possible, if the connection is there it's there......
e.g My grandmother died in the early 80's and my Dog died in the late 90's (96 or 97) and in 2007 around november I had a dream.........My grandma was sat in an old rocking chair in a small room in front of a fireplace. On a small rug beside my grandma was my dog Tara...I spent some time playing as I used to with my dog but then grandma gestured to her. Tara stopped her play and went to the door of the room and waited for me to follow.
She took me through to a small white room, in that room sat people I knew , relatives and friends. At the front of of this cue of people, lets say all sat on chairs was my mother. Tara made her way to my mothers chair and simply sat there. We both made our way back to my grandma's side and I stayed a while enjoying the company i had so missed for all those years. I fell asleep within my dream a truly deep sleep and awoke the next morning.
Breathtaking dreams which sometimes bring me to tears......

The "rub" of my dream, in May 2008 my mother passed away, after a sudden illness.

I now have many dreams with my mother in her old bed in my old house and my faithful dog Tara who now waits and rests in my old bedroom. Dreams of my Dad followed...............................

So yes it is possible for your friends and family to have contact if you are............... a viable contact? open gate......sounds better

I didn't think of it that way but yes Astral Projection maybe either way its contact.
edit on 3-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: adding

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle

It is entirely possible, if the connection is there it's there......
e.g My grandmother died in the early 80's and my Dog died in the late 90's (96 or 97) and in 2007 around november I had a dream.........My grandma was sat in an old rocking chair in a small room in front of a fireplace. On a small rug beside my grandma was my dog Tara...I spent some time playing as I used to with my dog but then grandma gestured to her. Tara stopped her play and went to the door of the room and waited for me to follow.
She took me through to a small white room, in that room sat people I knew , relatives and friends. At the front of of this cue of people, lets say all sat on chairs was my mother. Tara made her way to my mothers chair and simply sat there. We both made our way back to my grandma's side and I stayed a while enjoying the company i had so missed for all those years. I fell asleep within my dream a truly deep sleep and awoke the next morning.
Breathtaking dreams which sometimes bring me to tears......

The "rub" of my dream, in May 2008 my mother passed away, after a sudden illness.

I now have many dreams with my mother in her old bed in my old house and my faithful dog Tara who now waits and rests in my old bedroom. Dreams of my Dad followed...............................

So yes it is possible for your friends and family to have contact if you are............... a viable contact? open gate......sounds better

I didn't think of it that way but yes Astral Projection maybe either way its contact.
edit on 3-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: adding

thanks for sharing that, very interesting. Im going to have to really look into this whole astral projecting thing, i believe that the human mind is capable of far greater things than we, or most, can imagine

new topics

top topics

join