It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Geneva convention and USA soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
for some reason my original reply didn't post...

Anyhow, I will admit that we shouldn't have shown them on television either (imho)... However, the fact that we have shown them anonymously (i.e. without displaying their names) does help downplay the "insult" and "public curiousity" clauses here. Likewise, we were illustrating that we are treating them humanely.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but my point was that there ARE differences involved here, and I think that was made...

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Look at the compasion we show in that picture.

I rest my case.

Mako you've done nothing but spread a crap thesis, that is both leading, and inaccurate, and further more you support this lie, which only makes you look the worse for it.

My points aren't "thin" which is exactly why you avoid them.

And I in no way "put down" America, by saying someone can take pictures of Camp X-ray without actually being in the base, people can't take pictures of Area 51, that's what counts.

We can care less if someone's nameless face is shown.

We display better humanity than any other nation on earth, you probably are coming from a country like France, or Germany, since your english is not the best...and none of those nations have followed the Geneva Conventions even slightly.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My dear 5POF:

1st: You seem to dismiss one fact because you 'found lies' in my supporting link. It doesn't matter, only one point is needed to say USA broke Geneva convention, and I didn't say I believe in that link. I believe in the 2nd link I posted, not the 1st, but the 1st have some points worth considering.

2nd: It doesn't matter if you displayed far better humanity on those photos or not. It doesn't matter if you think your country shows better humanity than any, something I seriously doubt, but anyway, it doesn't matter. No one is putting down USA because of this fact. Even I have better concerns about USA than this one. We are stating here *only* that:

1) Rigthly or wrongly, USA broke Geneva convention.
2) Showing humanity or not, USA broke Geneva convention.
3) Being more compliant or not with Geneva convention, doesn't mean USA didn't broke Geneva convention.
4) There is no 'mid' point: you broke convention or not, and some of your buddys here recognize USA broke Geneva convention. I'm convinced, you can't convince me of the opposite.

3rd: you seem to be still bullying me. Stop that childish behavior, as it's off topic. BTW, surprise, I'm *Spanish*, and before you would remind me of past attrocities commited by my country, as I see you are willing to do regarding Germans and French, and thus going off-topic, I would remind you I'm not responsible of that past attrocities as you are not responsible of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, attrocities commited in Panama while removing Noriega, Iran-contra, wiping out native Americans or even supporting dictators as Pakistanian one.

[Edited on 2003-3-27 by MakodFilu]

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
BeLLaTrIx

1st: About me being Spanish, that message was not for you to answer. Out of context.
2nd: I really couldn't care less about what you think of me.
3rd: You apported nothing to this thread. You are being off-topic. You are only ranting here.
4th: You probably have scored the most unuseful post ever.
5th: Given the high number of your post and considering you have been registered for such a low time, you are *almost surely* a troll. Post something useful or just give up.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow, this is a flame-war!
MakodFilu- It doesn't matter how much anybody has posted, many people have registered around the time I did, and they have way more posts. I hold some of these people in hight esteem, I consider them to be ingelligentally superior to me and many on this board.

5POF- I agree with your point, but you are being a little pushy toward MokodFilu.

Gazrok- Keep it up, your a good poster.(even if you don't like Bush, hehe)

dom- You also have some good points. I think we did 'scrape' the geneve convention rules, but we are not the ones pulling out white flags, and shooting troops that accept our surrender.

That's about it for me. You can see what I believe.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
...I think we did 'scrape' the geneve convention rules...

That's about it for me. You can see what I believe.

Clear enough, thanx.

So anyone is convinced USA broke Geneva convention. The thread may be closed now.

The whole intention of this thread is that accusing Irak of breaking Geneva convention would backfire (and start further and *insightful* investigations).

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If any side was better or wiser than the other there would be no war today. So I say both sides are evil. This is a war of evil against evil. And the ones who have to

You may say whatever you want, the only thing you can't do is change reality.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We are talking about POWs

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
with posts...

I will say that I do not believe that we violated the convention. I will however, state that by showing them on tv at all, we did wrong, but I think it falls short of a "violation".

In the end though, I will agree that any attempt to cite the POW interviews as violating the convention, will blow up in our faces. If the US instead focuses on the other atrocities being committed by the regime...we'll be much better off.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
...In the end though, I will agree that any attempt to cite the POW interviews as violating the convention, will blow up in our faces. If the US instead focuses on the other atrocities being committed by the regime...we'll be much better off.

Exactly. Now everyone got the point.

P.S.: I will try to fix some minor 'damage' made by someone I don't want to feed. Does anyone see any 'Moderator' flag under my nick? Then it's clear I didn't deleted anything, William didn't give me that power. I don't want to delete anyone posts, but even if I wanted to, I can't. Saying that I deleted something is an evident lie (and a poor knowledge of how forums works, so someone need to read the forum rules).

BTW, about the reason for me to edit *my* posts (again, I can't edit anyone post: find out yourself, you can't edit mine):

1) It should be obvious, English is not my native tongue. Most times I read my post and found something awfully wrong.
2) Sometimes, like this time, I want to add something without adding *one more post*. I'm not after the 'Most-posts-per-second imaginary price' someones are wanting to win.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeLLaTrIx
If I get this right what you are saying is you are making posts and after someone post, you realize you find something you posted awfully wrong you are editing your post? Am I following you correctly?

No, you understood me wrong. I edit my post regarding spelling errors and most of the time I do almost inmediatly.

Glad to see you seem more calm now. Perhaps we could discuss about the topic again and keep these back-to-the-topic messages to a minimum.

BTW: What 'quoted' text are you talking about?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join