It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there really a underground bunker in brecon beacons wales???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
dude i didnt say there was an underground base there... james casbolt did.;-)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: welshbeliever

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Cheer's for the post, like how you sourced your points. I am Welsh, i currently live on the Brecon border but also have lived in Brackla for 13 years so i feel i am qualified to make a point on this subject of underground bases. Firstly many of our kind do not understand the importance of Brecon, people think the seat of power in Wales is Cardiff but they are wrong - it never has been ! it is just a smokescreen for what the real power is. Brecon for many hundreds, if not thousands of years has always been military focussed. But talking of the current power of Britain, Brecon was their main military base ( was a castle fortress back in the day ) in Wales and has been ever since - this is where the country was run from. But let's not forget that there have been many invasions and Brecon was a place where we could defend from, there is a historical reason as to why the military would view it as a defensible area, let alone the actual terrain itself. Now these days the military operations do not deal with the everyday issues of our life, Cardiff do all the paper work - but the actual seat of power here in Wales is Brecon. For this reason alone, Brecon would be one of the first places to have an underground base built. ( remember Wales was where all the kids went in world war 2, to escape the bombing. And Brecon was one of the safest places of all, there most definately would of been a base or at least a bunker built there in ww2)

Lliving ontop of a base myself in Brackla/Bridgend was surreal, one that practically no one know's exist might i add and was built during ww2 as a munitions factory and is bigger than people can imagine. So i would assume that any base in Brecon would be a minimum of ten times as big, if not bigger. But personally feel that a place like Brecon would have special status as a place to protect important people as it is deep in the countryside surrounded by mountains and away from the flat plains of England where all the posh places are lol - looking at a map, it is one of the first places i would put a base. We all know they have them, so why not Brecon? Of course there is an underground bases there, what is so wrong with that?

Getting back to Brackla. Oh boy that was a strange place.I have never been inside the base but there are entrances still there, one on the border to Pen-Coed and one at the top point of Brackla Hill.Another about three mins from where i lived has been built over and cannot access it anymore. The two left are both obvious as it is a door structure leading into a mound hill. There is an official bomb shelter there, but am not sure if that is the actual factory itself and has been converted or that it is seperate.What i do know has been told by my Grandfarther who worked as an electrian in the 60's as they rewired the place. He said that the base was not active, but i kept asking ' why were they rewiring the place then? ' to which he never gave a solid answer. There is also a base in Cardiff, and a mass tunnell section that leads across the city and into the Wenault, there is an access point on the hill which is locked up, and the military used too protect it but don't care so much anymore, BT now own the land. There is a massive black pentagram painted on top of the building if you go on the roof which i found bizarre, there is a known satanist coven operating up there.

But Bridgend is a dark place, does anyone remember the stories of suicides there? I knew two myself that apparently gave their life away. I am not so sure it was suicide, never had a chance to tell my story so here goes. My Gramps best friend, a Police officer told him how special branch came down and put a gag order on this big time, told everyone to shut up and that was that. The official story given from all these sudden suicides over a period of time was that it was a suicide ring of kids helping each other muder oneself????? ummmm excuse me but i don't believe that for a second, something was up and i thought a murderer was on the loose for a while untill i peiced a few things together. Bridgend is or was for a while, the leading town in Britain for army recrtuits? strange that. It has a high drug abuse and depression rate in the UK also.

Now i woild like to direct you to the work's of a Cambridge scientist called Rodger Coghill whom is also Welsh. An expert in the field of electromagnetism and is shown on a great documentary about Schumen Resonance that everyone should watch - not sure it's name lol but it is the big one that everyone is talking about. I have talked to him and he is a good musician and top bloke. He talks of how WIFI and mobile phones are extremely dangerous and the reasons why. But he also talks about towers and other things? that have been erected that emit certain types of radiowaves that he feels are leading to mass depression in society, that he think's it is an unknown side effect of all this. What i feel is the truth is the gov or the powers behind the gov, know exactly what these towers do and Rodger was just clever enough to figure it out. Rodger states that these mass bombardment of electro magnetic and radio waves are the reasons why kids were looking to suicide in Bridgend and other places as these effects are literally causing us mental and physical harm. -Now remember what i said about Bridgend being the top place for army recruitment? - are you starting to see the link? What on earth was going on in Bridgend at this time? but why Bridgend? Did you know Brackla was the first and now is the second biggest private housing estate in Europe?, so many people enclosed together in one small area, i was shocked when i found that out. So why Bridgend to do experiements on the public? is it because there is a base there with a large population (50,000) in a small area - Sounds like a perfect place to me. I personally feel that what ever was the cause of all these death's of young kids in a short period of time, was in this Base in Brackla ! - Nearly everyone has forgotten about this and nearly no one dared to question the official line - But you just had to live there, the energy of the place was very dark,hard to describe - you could just feel it. One of the kids to kill himself was a cool and happy guy whom i met a few times, he was at a house party having a laugh. Said to the boys he is leaving, had a smile on his face - went outside and then killed himself. His mates say he was not distressed in the slightest, Was there something else at play here? Make of this what you will, but hopefully your mind is open enough to wonder what indeed is really going on ?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Think about it logically.

1) Breacon Beacons are used for training/selection of a number of UK special forces, including the 22nd Fancy Rifles (official name for the SAS).
2) During training, and selection exercises, explosives can be / are used.

Are you going to build an underground base knowing that the area is going to be subject to seismic shocks from surface detonations? I certainly wouldn't.

Besides, we all know the only secret base in Wales, is Torchwood 3, in Cardiff.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think you'll find the weather control device is a joke amongst soldiers referring to the honking weather in Brecon. All the time I spent there I never knew of any secret bunker. And the army aren't going to shoot horses don't worry. They aren't even allowed to shoot sheep anymore. And where is the fun in that?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Hi,

No I don't buy all the conspiracy theories written here, but what I can actually assure people is that there is a very large secret bunker under Pencoed industrial estate. How do I know - well I have actually been down there.
As a boy of 14 (ish), I did 2 weeks work experience with GPO as it was then, so about 1978.
At that time the head head office was opposite the police station in Bridgend Town Centre and the operations on the estate itself.
On one of the days I went with an Engineer and something I really remember was that I went with him into the bunker.
The entrance we used is no longer there, but it was about halfway along the central area of the one way system on the estate.
I do know that at the time the bunker was operational as we were let in by a guy from the inside.
I spent about 2 hours down there and whilst engineer was working in what was clearly the telecoms room as there was a large old fashioned type switchboard I was actually left to wander around.
Now did I see anything spectacular - no, just endless concrete corridors, so the only room of substance I saw was telecoms room, which was quite large.
So is it still used - who knows, I don't that's for sure, but trust me it was.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Guys I don't think you realise just how much military training happens in the Beacons, most of which has nothing to do with SF.

The Infantry Battle School is based in Brecon. All infantry section commanders and platoon sergeants do their selection and training in Brecon, and Infantry officers do the latter part of their training there. Aspects of the support weapon school training happens there. Units come from all over the UK to train in there due to the large exercise area and difficult terrain. One of the brigade HQs is based in Brecon.

None of this is secret, it's all in the public domain.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hello all just wanted to chime in with my views and also just to keep tabs on this thread. I've been to Brecon a few times as I'm into my hill walking but I wouldn't say I'm an expert in the area so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Near me in Essex there is or was a old nuclear bunker, it's now a tourist attraction which I went to a few weeks ago. To gain access and also finding out on the tour of the bunker, the only access to the bunker whilst it was in use was a small bungalow in some woods. We were told that this was the only entrance and it was also the entrance we used to go into the bunker on the tour. You walked through the front door of the bungalow and as soon as you were inside there were a set of stairs leading down into the entrance corridor of the bunker.

What amazes me was that from the outside the bungalow looked like a normal farmers house in the woods and if you didn't know it was there your last guess was that there is a system of tunnels and rooms underneath you. Most interesting indeed.

As for Brecon, if I was to believe in the story of a bunker being there the entrance could be concealed in a farmers barn/house. Obviously the farmer might be employed by the MoD to keep hush or might be a part of the MoD. And if the farmer was to talk they would probably be arrested under the official secrets act.

I've always noticed a large military presence when in Brecon whether its troops or the odd Land Rover driving about. However I've never been confronted by military personnel when I've been there and never been told i can't go to a certain place unless there were MoD signs saying I couldn't. I even slept out on Brecon just slightly away from the peaks of the hills, can't remember the name but I camped out by a large lake with a dam that's at the foot of one of the hills.

One thing I did learn about going to the disused bunker near me was that these bunkers are dotted about the whole country and if my memory serves me correctly, on the tour there was mention that these bunkers were spread along the spine of Britain running from north to south. There was some information on the disused ones but obviously the ones in operation arnt spoke about.

I wouldn't say there ISNT a bunker or base under Brecon but I'd say it's highly unlikely just due to the amount of tourists and how popular the Brecon Beacons are. I understand they can be guarded but it would only take one nosey walker to discover something and the word will get out. However your thread and sparked an urge to get back to the Beacons and have a good look about myself.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Do you think at some point you could make up a small map of the areas you talk about on page 1. Don't want nothing detailed just a small map to give me some bearings on what areas you are talking about. I'm familiar with the peaks of the hills just not the surrounding area

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I recently had a 'dream' about being in contact with the SAS training team. while recruits were doing 'the Fan-Dance'. which is a trek up & down the great mountain known as Pen y Fan, within time restrictions, in the Brecon Beacons - as part of SAS selection.

It had the quality of 'dreams' which end up feeling more like recovered memories, formerly suppressed by hypnotic means - I've had quite a few of them in recent years. A couple seem to involve 'debrief' situations, and I have a number of missing time incidents which are also apparently connected to what I presume may be classical MILABs. I recently developed an interest in hypnosis, so may try looking at regression to recover further memories - hopefully avoiding the pitfalls of 'leading questions', which may taint the data being gathered.

I don't recall anything about an underground base in the 'dream' I refer to, but who knows, possibly there's more memories in there somewhere which might point to such a thing being true.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Brackla, have a look round here 51.514254, -3.560016 on google maps and streetview etc... if you are used to looking for the signs, you will see them here straight away

I have no idea where the exit is though, probably where the current industrial estate is or perhaps south of it.

51.513581, -3.565351

Look at the hill via streetmaps. Almost looks like a large, covered, tunnel. Notice the wall and platform on the right...

As for the brecons itself, no idea. HOWEVER I think there is likely to be a DUMB in North Wales.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mustafasaid
Brackla, have a look round here 51.514254, -3.560016 on google maps and streetview etc... if you are used to looking for the signs, you will see them here straight away

I have no idea where the exit is though, probably where the current industrial estate is or perhaps south of it.

51.513581, -3.565351

Look at the hill via streetmaps. Almost looks like a large, covered, tunnel. Notice the wall and platform on the right...

As for the brecons itself, no idea. HOWEVER I think there is likely to be a DUMB in North Wales.

Interesting to say the least. Is that hill in Brackla off limits to the general public. Had a look on google earth and street view. I can see a road leading into the wooded area which stops at some point at what looks like a building

One thing I noticed was a radio tower in the middle of the woods, might be nothing as radio towers on hills are nothing out of the ordinary however going back last year I visited a nuclear bunker here in Essex its open to the public now to visit. When it was active (and it was the same way I entered when visiting) the entrance was a small bungalow building that looked like a normal bungalow from the outside but when going inside it you went down stairs and a few tunnels to gain access to the bunker.

After exiting the bunker I visited I noticed, as well as reading/listening to information whilst in the bunker it had a big radio mast connected to the communication systems under ground. Seeing this radio tower on that wooded hill in Brackla and the road that's leads to no where in the woods does have me thinking

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well it's almost 1:30am but after viewing Brackla I became intrigued so down a little search. Apparently on that hill use to be tunnels dug into it used for storing ordinance apparently back in the 60s the home office bought two of the tunnels. Before you judge me on the link I'm going to provide its from Doctor Who fan page apparently some of the episodes were filmed there
www.doctorwholocations.net...

I continued searching and found a better site with with pics www.bracklaordnance.co.uk...
I'm going to do a little more searching before i go to sleep but i did a Wikipedia search for 'Brackla ordnance' to which came up with some interesting info I'll copy and paste a part from wiki but click the link and have a read

'Nuclear Bunker Edit
In the late 1960s, two of the former munitions tunnels were redeveloped by the Ministry of Defence on behalf of the Home Office as a nuclear command bunker for South Wales, designated SRHQ 8.2. Brackla became the regional control centre for all of Wales, redesignated RGHQ 8.2. Sold in 1996, it has been derelict ever since'
en.m.wikipedia.org...

It's still making me go 'hmmmm' about the whole area
edit on 6-6-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

Some more useful links
www.subbrit.org.uk...
bridgend.rof.org.uk...

edit on 6-6-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text and links

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join